Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

85%
15%
Size: 7 B(M) US|Color: Brass/Pink|Change
Price:$430.00

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on June 27, 2013
This is my first pair of Old Gringos. I'm having trouble getting the right size. I started out with a 9 because most reviews said the boot fit true to size or slightly larger. I usually wear a 9-9.5. The 9 was too small so I exchanged for the 9.5. The 9.5 still feels a little too short so I'm exchanging for the 10. They will be here tomorrow. Amazon has been awesome about exchanging sizes for me. Also love, love, love Amazon Prime.

As for the boots they are beautiful. They are a western boot but can easily be worn with anything. Love the 10in shaft. I wasn't sure at first if i would love the shorter boot but they show off my legs and calfs very nicely. I think its my new favorite length. The boots can be worn with shorts, skirts or pants. They are a very girly boot. The pink flowers add just the right amount of cute. If done right these boots can also look super sexy.

*Update* So after a few exchanges I ended up keeping the 10.5 size. This is the first pair of boots that I've tried to buy after being prego and my feet have grown :(. I can still wear a 9 in sandals but with shoes and boots I have to get a 9.5-10 now. The 10s in these boots fit very well but my toes didn't have as much room as I would have liked so I got a 10.5. I debated over the 10 and 10.5 for a long time because the 10.5 are a bit wide and loose on my feel but they gave me the best toe room. In the end I kept the 10.5 and added insoles. The heel is wide but with the insole the boot fits really nice. The best part is that my toes have enough wiggle room and the padding on the ball of my foot makes these boots very comfortable. After having 3 kids my feet need some padding.
on July 15, 2013
Ellie is a breath of spring, with subtle embroidery in beautiful colors on a supple tan leather that will wear well. The fit is wide enough for a high instep and the arch is supportive. There is no padding, but therre may be enough room for a thin gekl pad. Unfortunately the toe box and leather sole curve forces my toes into a position that is uncomfortable. I have a broken toe that is not flexible - it cannot handle this curvature and flex. I must return these. The only down side of this purchase is the return shipping. I ordered the Ellie in 2 sizes hoping one would fit, but both have the same toe issue. In order to return the order, the boots must be sent insured - because they come in a very large boot box - be aware - the return shipping plus the requirement for insurance is very expensive.
on December 23, 2015
I only buy old gringo and these exceeded my expectations! I sold several pairs on eBay due to foot surgery... They didn't fit properly after that so I'm restocking. I recieved an Amazon gift card for Christmas and this is what I treated myself to. They are true to size and unlike Corral boots, this leather is soft and the break in period is hours, not days! And they shipped fast with great packaging! I love them!!!
on June 8, 2013
Because these were to be my second pair of Old Gringo (I currently own Old Gringo Sora in Red) and because the Sora's ran a bit small, I opted not to heed the advice of previous reviewers and instead ordered my usual size (9). However, I regret not ordering both sizes as is my usual M.O.

The boots were delivered on a Saturday, less than 12 hours after the order was placed (LOVE Amazon Prime) but sadly, they're too big. I ordered the brass/yellow because I really liked the muted tones compared with the Sora's bold brightness (variety is the spice of life). Unfortunately, the yellow is out of stock in size 8.5, so I shall try the pink/brass instead, at an unhappy additional cost of $85. Nevertheless, $385 is still a good price for Old Gringo boots.

Ladies, let me tell you, if you're on the fence about these boots, go for it. Not only are they gorgeous, they're extremely soft, supple and comfortable right out of the box, unlike the Sora's which are very stiff and require a very long break-in period, complete with blisters.

Ellie's 10" shaft height and 13" opening is perfect for a variety of leg widths without being tight nor looking too large. The heel height provides the perfect amount of height boost and style while still being low enough to be super comfortable. I don't do heels, not well, anyway.

Hopefully I will like the brass/pink combo as much as the brass/yellow. Update to follow.

Cheers!
on March 13, 2012
The brass Ellie is so beautiful, and fits nicely. Initially concerned with the heel area inside the shoe rubbing on the side of my foot. After wearing the boot, they conformed to the size of my foot and feel wonderful. Also wear 9.5 and 10s in shoes and boots. Ordered the 9.5 and I am glad I did. I think the elongated toe on the 10 would have looked a bit large and the 9.5 fit well.
Great price from Amazon plus return policy makes ordering worry free.
Hope to own more Old Gringo's but it will be hard to find one that I like more than this boot!
on August 11, 2013
I absolutely love these boots. The photo online shows that they are pink but they were indeed the yellow flower. I usually wear 7.5 or 8.0 and I definitely needed the bigger size. These boots are the most comfortable boots I own. I will definitely be buying another pair of Old Gringo's in the future. Well worth the money.
on July 2, 2013
This pair is about the 8th or 9th that I have tried by ordering on line...they are perfect! Slip on like a dream...the fit is obviously because of excellent workmanship and attention to detail..no breakin time...I like the 11 inch shaft because they weigh less than the taller boots..As wonderful as they look none of that would matter but the exceptional fit is worth the money.
on March 22, 2013
Love the colors on the boots. Love the flowers on the boots. These are one of my favorites! I wear a 10 and the 10 fit perfectly.
on October 15, 2013
i love these boots. They are so beautiful! They are cute with jeans or a dress. They fit me perfectly. I wanted brown boots that ate comfortable.Buy these, they are worth the money.
on June 8, 2012
I am so glad that I treated myself to these boots! The pictures do NOT do them justice. Gorgeous and so comfortable. For me, they run large in size. I wear a 6 1/2 and after a few exchanges, I have settled on 5 1/2. Amazon has been superb in their customer service assisting me with my returns. Please be aware, the link showing the color Brass is NOT yellow as shows...it is the pink color.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question