- Product Dimensions: 188 x 32.5 x 21.5 inches ; 49 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 58 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00NGIXAXW
- Item model number: 01.3005.0164
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #218,211 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Discovery 158 Recreational Canoe
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Old Town's lightweight, three-layer molded polyethylene hull is designed to take a beating.
- Agile, stable, and easy-to-handle, the Discovery 158's sleek design performs well on the water.
- Sit comfortably on the trio of durable, breathable, UV-resistant, nylon-webbed seats, which allow air to flow freely for all-day ease.
- Use the comfortable molded handles on the deck plates to tote the canoe from truck to water and back again.
- Supports two paddlers; 1,150-pound capacity; measures 15 feet 8 inches long and weighs 87 pounds. Lifetime hull warranty.
- Old Town is the world's oldest and largest manufacturer of canoes and kayaks. The company has spent over a century innovating—boat after boat, all while staying true to their Northeast heritage and a long legacy of quality craftsmanship.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Old Town Discovery 158
Rugged Canoe for Recreation, Fishing, and Hunting
Agile, stable, and easy to handle, the Old Town Discovery 158 canoe is a great choice as a recreational canoe, but it can also handle the rigors of fishing and hunting expeditions.
Designed for accommodating you and your gear with a spacious interior, the Discovery 158 is also great for paddling calm waters with your family.
A Legacy of Quality and Innovation
From advanced design to superior durability, Old Town has spent more than a century innovating to deliver cutting-edge watercraft with a custom fit and feel. Whether you’re fishing, sea kayaking, canoe tripping, or enjoying a relaxing paddle on the lake, there’s an Old Town watercraft for every type of adventurer.
Key Features and Specs
- Durable, comfortable nylon web seats
- Durable ash wood carrying yoke and thwart for added structural support
- Comfortable carrying handles for easy transport
- Measures 15 feet 8 inches long by 35.5 inches wide
- Made in the USA
The Old Town Discovery 158 offers comfortable and durable nylon web seats for hours of paddling enjoyment and years of maintenance-free excursions.
Outfitted with a durable ash wood carrying yoke and thwart as well as comfortable carrying handles, the Discovery 158 is easy to portage from your vehicle to the water.
Durable Three-Layer Construction
A dependable choice for strength, flexibility, and lightweight manageability, the Discovery canoe line uses a construction process that rotationally molds three-layers of polyethylene to create an extremely durable shell that will last many years.
Recommended Canoe Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
Designed with anglers in mind, the Old Town Lure Angler Personal Flotation Device (sold separately) keeps you comfortable during long days on the river. The PFD's AirComfort system cools you down on hot, sunny days, and zippered pockets keep you organized.
|Discovery 133||Discovery 158||Discovery 169||Saranac 146||Saranac 160|
|Usage||Fishing, Recreation||Fishing, Recreation||Fishing, Recreation||Fishing, Recreation||Fishing, Recreation|
|Paddlers||Up to 3||Up to 2||Up to 2||Up to 3||Up to 3|
|Length||13 feet 3 inches||15 feet 8 inches||16 feet 9 inches||14 feet 6 inches||16 feet|
|Width||40.5 inches||35.5 inches||37 inches||36 inches||37 inches|
|Width at 4" Waterline||39 inches||35.5 inches||35 inches||36 inches||34.75 inches|
|Bow Height||20.25 inches||21.5 inches||23 inches||18 inches||18 inches|
|Depth||14 inches||13.5 inches||15 inches||13.25 inches||13.5 inches|
|Weight||78 pounds||87 pounds||91 pounds||79 pounds||89 pounds|
|Capacity||800 pounds||1150 pounds||1400 pounds||750 pounds||850 pounds|
|Material||Three-Layer Polyethylene||Three-Layer Polyethylene||Three-Layer Polyethylene||Thermoformed Polyethylene||Thermoformed Polyethylene|
Paddle in a time-tested favorite with the Discovery 158, an Old Town best seller for more than 30 years. Old Town's lightweight, three-layer molded polyethylene hull is designed to take a beating. Agile, stable, and easy-to-handle, the Discovery 158's sleek build is ideal for exploring. Sit comfortably on the pair of durable, breathable, UV-resistant, nylon-webbed seats, which allow air to flow freely for all-day ease. Use the comfortable molded handles on the deck plates to tote the canoe from truck to water and back again. Supports two paddlers; 1,150-pound capacity; measures 15 feet 8 inches long and weighs 87 pounds. Lifetime hull warranty. Old Town is the world's oldest, largest and most revered manufacturer of canoes and kayaks. The company has spent over a century innovating—boat after cutting edge boat, all while staying true to their Northeast heritage and a long legacy of quality craftsmanship.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?