Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 432 reviews
on June 24, 2016
As a first-time watcher of "Old Boy" and a lover of special features, I ordered this Collector's Edition because of all the hype about the film. The movie stands alone in it's greatness. The special features are one of the best I've ever seen, very extensive behind-the-scenes footage. I've never laughed so hard watching over two hours of the Video Diary because this cast liked to have fun between takes. It's all English subtitled. You get not one, not two, but three commentaries for the movie. One deleted scene shows one of the greatest movie kisses, meant to be used in lieu of the sex scene when needed. The deleted scenes and the featurettes are subtitled in English too. The footage at Cannes when Oldboy was introduced to the world and won the Grand Prix prize is still thrilling. One of my favorite movies ever!
on June 27, 2016
There is no greater film. I own all of Kubrick, most of Herzog and a lot of Spielberg. This movie is a complete mind twisting epic. Few films have made me think so much. I'm still baffled by the ending, in a good, reflective way. I adore this film. You don't watch this, you just tensely get dragged along. It's a horror film. It's s lot of genres, but horror I think is foremost. I can't speak enough about this, it's why cinema exists.
on April 16, 2016
One of the most astonishing revenge films that I have ever seen. I do know that here in the U.S. they did a remake of this....but I won't watch it. I have seem many movies that were either Chinese, Japanese, Korean Etc. and remade in the States and never are they as good as the originals. That being said all terrific performances about a man who is kidnapped and held for 15 years in a room and then released to find out who and why! The story, even when he is imprisoned is one to be absorbed in. I thought the pace and story were extraordinary. Very violent and at times frightening but well worth the view. many people don't like foreign films and subtitles but not ever a problem for me. if you don't I believe it is dubbed in English, I prefer the subtitles.
on December 25, 2015
Master film. If you are ever deciding between watching this and the new american remake, there is no debate. This is the better film. Interesting premise, a man searching for vengeance after being locked up against his will for years. It's thrilling with plot twists at every turn, yet it all comes together beautifully at the end. No scratching your head from getting the rug pulled out under you.
on March 7, 2017
CRAZY ASS MOVIE
on July 21, 2015
No remake could ever compare to this original. This movie is an instant classic and personally one of my favorite films. Awesome cinematography and direction. The storyline is deeply emotional, and angering, yet sucks you in all at the same time. Great vision of revenge, on all sides.
on April 14, 2017
What a messed up film! Very well done though.
on October 26, 2015
I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves movies in general. It doesn't come without some hard-hitting, possibly unnerving sequences though. It has one of my favorite fight scenes in it of all time. It's emotional and draining at the same time, but the end-product won't leave you empty. One of my favorites for sure.
on May 29, 2012
This is one of the best movies that I have EVER seen. 12 hours after viewing and I cannot get the entire film out of my head. The film follows Dae-su (Min-sik Choi) as he gets abducted and trapped inside a hotel/jail for 15 years without an explanation and while he is in there he learns that he is framed for his wife's murder. One day he is released with no explanation and then is left to put the pieces together. He befriends a young woman name Mi-do and she helps him through thick and thin to find the answers. Do yourself a favor and watch this NOW! This film has one of the best twists I've ever seen, and it had me yelling at the end. Which I couldn't believe because I thought I had seen and figured out everything. This film is truly a treat to the mind and the eyes.
on September 26, 2016
A film that will stay with you visually and emotionally weeks after it has ended. Action that is matched by few and a revenge story that breaks the mold of the genre. I real joy