Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Oliver and Friends Paperback – June 1, 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 67%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
things i really liked
1. Very kid friendly.
2. Written from Oliver the monkey perspective.
3. Lots of giggles.
not so much
1. Same pair of stolen glasses page 24/25.
2. Some photos altered.
3. Some photos difficult to discern.
An adorable story written through the perspective of a monkey named Oliver living on the island of St. Kitts. Don't let that throw you, this is about animals and any child with a love for animals will get a kick out of Oliver.This is the third book in the series written by Heidi Fragerberg. She has a delightful way with words that is perfect for young children.
Things i really liked
1. Fun story of mis-adventure with lovable animals
2. The photos make it different from other picture books with illustrations
3. It is written in a very narrative, storyteller style which id sure to be a hit with the kids.
Not so much
1. Would have loved more info on what sort of monkey Oliver is.
2. The stock photo of the stolen glasses stuck out like a sore thumb among the rest of the factual pictures.
3. I am not a fan of justified text spacing when it distorts the flow of the words. Luckily this only happens a couple of times.
This is the first of her 3 book series that I have read and it is cute enough to make you want to see the others. The characters of Oliver the Monkey and Mocha the Goat are charming and their relationship is definitely unique. The fact that its a true story documented by actual pictures makes it different enough to stand out in a sea of illustrated picture books. I'd recommend it for those kids that like animals and real life adventure.