Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on December 22, 2013
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
on August 3, 2015
No doubt as others have said, these bags smell bad when you open the packaging. I think it is chemical dye smell and leaving them open on the floor of the living room filled with about 5 or 6 dryer sheets each did the trick for us. The next day we just added more dryer sheets and zippered them up. By the next day they were free of the smell.

I bought two but only needed to use one to pack all the bedding, bath and beach towels we took on vacation.

Other than the smell these bags are great. Heavy duty canvas material, nice sewn side handles, great shoulder strap, outside zippered storage, and compression straps really help to cram a lot in them. The hardware seems to be well made too and I expect to get a lot of years out of these bags.

I definitely recommend them to anyone that needs a large bag. They would be perfect for ice hockey players to travel to and from the rink or anyone else that needs to carry a lot of light things. The reason I say light is, these bags are so big that if you loaded them up with heavier items the average sized person might have a hard time carrying them.

For our purpose, they are perfect and the price was too.
on April 25, 2017
This bag worked great to fit our inflatable paddle board (SUP). We ordered this and the Northstar Sports 1050 bag to see which one we like better. The Olympia bag has a more canvas feel and the zippers seemed more heavy duty. We also liked that the Olympia bag has buckles that can be tightened. It made us feel better about the bag going through checked baggage at the airport. Our paddle board (34" tall when rolled) fit in the Olympia 36" bag, however it was very tight so we returned it and ordered the 42" bag instead. The paddle board fits nicely in this bag. Technically, this bag is too large for the airline 62" rule (L+W+H <= 62"), however because the buckles on the bag can be tightened, the bag dimensions can be sinched up tighter if it is not full.

We did not have any issues checking the bag with Southwest in Chicago or Tampa.
on January 12, 2014
This is the jumbo bag I was missing. It comes wrapped in a small bag so you may carry on when not using. Good built material, not sure if it is water proof but seems to be water resistant. I love it.
on April 3, 2016
Researched for countless hours trying to find the best (lightweight without sacrificing strength) duffel bag to move our family overseas. After ordering my top five and inspecting them - the Olympia bags were by far the best!! Zipper strength and material were both heavy duty! Bags did great relocating our family overseas. Received many positive comments from airport staff and fellow travelers on these bags as well. Loved the color options as well - each family member had a different color, which made it easier to spot at the luggage pick-up. Mountain Hardware had a similar duffel bag for more than twice the cost and was smaller than the Olympia 42 inch. Look no further!
on July 12, 2017
This is a great duffle! Sturdy and spacious. Our son is using this for his first sleep away camp, and it has served its purpose well and held up beautifully. I don't know yet how it would stand up to the rigors of airplane or international travel, but we will find out next summer. I would buy again in a heartbeat. Very affordable, sporty looking, and durable.
*Note: the bag did have a strong odor when it arrived, as other reviews indicated, and airing it outside for a few days remedied that before we used it.
on June 3, 2017
Surprisingly strong. I bought two when I moved across the country and needed to take belongings with me on the plane. They were stuffed to the point where the zippers should have ripped (they didn't). The weight was just under the 50 lb airline limit (40 and 47 lbs). At the low price, I only expected them to last once, but we're using them more and more for other trips. They've already paid for themselves, so when they fail (all eventually do), we'll still be happy with them. Highly recommended.
on July 14, 2015
This 42" blue bag ripped during my first airline trip. Stuff fell out of my bag never to be recovered again.

It ripped along the had canvas portion of the bag.

Suprised because I have the next smaller bag by olympia and everythibg was fine with that one.
review image
on June 1, 2017
Looks well made and it's really nice, I have yet to put it to the travel test. The one thing that you notice right away is the awful synthetic odor, I guess it must be coming from the plastic inner lining. It was so bad that I put it in the washer otherwise whatever you put in there will come out smelling like that, especially clothes. After being in the washer, some of the inner fabric came apart, I guess not finished well. I thinking of returning it.
So neutralize that nasty plastic odor and fix those areas that come apart.
review image review image
on April 10, 2013
I actually ordered two of these to take on a family trip to Florida. We were planing on putting these on the roof of our car in the luggage rack. When the package was opened I could not believe the smell - nearly a stench! It was a strong sweet sickly plastic chemical smell. Understand that I am not one who writes these reviews much, but I feel compelled to writhe this one. When I say it was a strong smell - I mean it - the whole house stunk like these bags in a matter of minutes. Put your face into the bag and it will gag you. Put your clothes in this and they will likely stink too!

I was initially prepared to return these to Amazon but they are pretty nice bags and I actually like them very much. I read a few other reviews (too late) and saw reports on what folks did to remedy this and then I set to work. First I stole some of my teenagers Axe body wash and fixed up a huge batch of hot soapy water, Then I took them into the garage and scrubbed them like they did in the olden days of laundry. Rinsed them again in warm water, and hung them up to drip dry. Now they smelled like a teenage boy in heat that was dipped in some kind of industrial chemical vat! Better, but still not good enough to put any clothes in. Two weeks outside on the porch is what finally did the trick. These things need to be aired out for a very long time!

The bags themselves are well made I believe (the wonders of modern chemistry!), and if it weren't for the stench initially, I would have given them 4-5 stars. They are HUGE - really HUGE bags and easily hold two weeks worth of clothes and supplies. Good hand holds, durable fabrics, and quality zippers. Colors are vibrant and after washing and weathering, still the colors were bold. I don't think they are as waterproof as they are advertised, maybe because of the washing I did, but they did not shed water like I had hoped.

If you buy one of these bags you will be impressed with the quality of the materials and workmanship, but plan on airing them out and scrubbing off the chemical stench. MINIMUM TWO WEEKS OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS TO MAKE THESE USABLE!

My heart goes out to the poor people who work in the factory that produces these bags - I cannot imagine living with this smell all the time! The place that makes these bags likely has a hole in the ozone directly above it.

I hope this helps some of you.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.