Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 22, 2013
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
22 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 3, 2015
No doubt as others have said, these bags smell bad when you open the packaging. I think it is chemical dye smell and leaving them open on the floor of the living room filled with about 5 or 6 dryer sheets each did the trick for us. The next day we just added more dryer sheets and zippered them up. By the next day they were free of the smell.

I bought two but only needed to use one to pack all the bedding, bath and beach towels we took on vacation.

Other than the smell these bags are great. Heavy duty canvas material, nice sewn side handles, great shoulder strap, outside zippered storage, and compression straps really help to cram a lot in them. The hardware seems to be well made too and I expect to get a lot of years out of these bags.

I definitely recommend them to anyone that needs a large bag. They would be perfect for ice hockey players to travel to and from the rink or anyone else that needs to carry a lot of light things. The reason I say light is, these bags are so big that if you loaded them up with heavier items the average sized person might have a hard time carrying them.

For our purpose, they are perfect and the price was too.
4 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2017
This bag worked great to fit our inflatable paddle board (SUP). We ordered this and the Northstar Sports 1050 bag to see which one we like better. The Olympia bag has a more canvas feel and the zippers seemed more heavy duty. We also liked that the Olympia bag has buckles that can be tightened. It made us feel better about the bag going through checked baggage at the airport. Our paddle board (34" tall when rolled) fit in the Olympia 36" bag, however it was very tight so we returned it and ordered the 42" bag instead. The paddle board fits nicely in this bag. Technically, this bag is too large for the airline 62" rule (L+W+H <= 62"), however because the buckles on the bag can be tightened, the bag dimensions can be sinched up tighter if it is not full.

We did not have any issues checking the bag with Southwest in Chicago or Tampa.
3 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2016
Researched for countless hours trying to find the best (lightweight without sacrificing strength) duffel bag to move our family overseas. After ordering my top five and inspecting them - the Olympia bags were by far the best!! Zipper strength and material were both heavy duty! Bags did great relocating our family overseas. Received many positive comments from airport staff and fellow travelers on these bags as well. Loved the color options as well - each family member had a different color, which made it easier to spot at the luggage pick-up. Mountain Hardware had a similar duffel bag for more than twice the cost and was smaller than the Olympia 42 inch. Look no further!
3 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2017
This is a great duffle! Sturdy and spacious. Our son is using this for his first sleep away camp, and it has served its purpose well and held up beautifully. I don't know yet how it would stand up to the rigors of airplane or international travel, but we will find out next summer. I would buy again in a heartbeat. Very affordable, sporty looking, and durable.
*Note: the bag did have a strong odor when it arrived, as other reviews indicated, and airing it outside for a few days remedied that before we used it.
on June 3, 2017
Surprisingly strong. I bought two when I moved across the country and needed to take belongings with me on the plane. They were stuffed to the point where the zippers should have ripped (they didn't). The weight was just under the 50 lb airline limit (40 and 47 lbs). At the low price, I only expected them to last once, but we're using them more and more for other trips. They've already paid for themselves, so when they fail (all eventually do), we'll still be happy with them. Highly recommended.
on June 1, 2017
Looks well made and it's really nice, I have yet to put it to the travel test. The one thing that you notice right away is the awful synthetic odor, I guess it must be coming from the plastic inner lining. It was so bad that I put it in the washer otherwise whatever you put in there will come out smelling like that, especially clothes. After being in the washer, some of the inner fabric came apart, I guess not finished well. I thinking of returning it.
So neutralize that nasty plastic odor and fix those areas that come apart.
review imagereview image
One person found this helpful
on December 22, 2015
Super sturdy -- did the trick! I used this bag for a month long trip to India and Europe. it is much sturdier than some sports equipment bags we had bought, which fell apart.

Folds up very easily for storage.
Great ballistic fabric -- took a 'beating' and still looks fantastic and no punctures, many flights later.
heavy duty zipper and it's lockable.

I bought this bag as a back up, and because of the value price felt that if it didn't work out, i wouldn't be upset. I"M HERE TO TELL YOU -- this bag IS GREAT!
on January 12, 2014
This is the jumbo bag I was missing. It comes wrapped in a small bag so you may carry on when not using. Good built material, not sure if it is water proof but seems to be water resistant. I love it.
13 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2014
My husband used this bag for a 20-day cross country road trip with his friends. It was spacious enough for a week's worth of clothing, toiletries, food items, camera, and, of course, his Kindle. The handle options made it very easy for him to hoist and carry the bag, and the soft sides made it easy to tuck in the trunk of the car around other peoples' suitcases. His one comment was that it would have been better if there were some sort of firm bottom that would have given the bag a bit more shape. Otherwise, it was just what he needed. It came two days after I ordered it, and although it did have a chemical odor (as mentioned by other reviewers), that was easily remedied by opening it up and letting it air out on the porch for a day or two before packing it. His trip home was by airplane, and the bag held up well except for the fact that the nylon zipper came apart in transit -- could have been a very bad thing had the whole zipper disengaged, but fortunately he had fastened the two cross-straps, so no harm done. Would definitely recommend this bag!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.