Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 22, 2013
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2017
This bag worked great to fit our inflatable paddle board (SUP). We ordered this and the Northstar Sports 1050 bag to see which one we like better. The Olympia bag has a more canvas feel and the zippers seemed more heavy duty. We also liked that the Olympia bag has buckles that can be tightened. It made us feel better about the bag going through checked baggage at the airport. Our paddle board (34" tall when rolled) fit in the Olympia 36" bag, however it was very tight so we returned it and ordered the 42" bag instead. The paddle board fits nicely in this bag. Technically, this bag is too large for the airline 62" rule (L+W+H <= 62"), however because the buckles on the bag can be tightened, the bag dimensions can be sinched up tighter if it is not full.

We did not have any issues checking the bag with Southwest in Chicago or Tampa.
on July 12, 2017
This is a great duffle! Sturdy and spacious. Our son is using this for his first sleep away camp, and it has served its purpose well and held up beautifully. I don't know yet how it would stand up to the rigors of airplane or international travel, but we will find out next summer. I would buy again in a heartbeat. Very affordable, sporty looking, and durable.
*Note: the bag did have a strong odor when it arrived, as other reviews indicated, and airing it outside for a few days remedied that before we used it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2017
Surprisingly strong. I bought two when I moved across the country and needed to take belongings with me on the plane. They were stuffed to the point where the zippers should have ripped (they didn't). The weight was just under the 50 lb airline limit (40 and 47 lbs). At the low price, I only expected them to last once, but we're using them more and more for other trips. They've already paid for themselves, so when they fail (all eventually do), we'll still be happy with them. Highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 14, 2015
This 42" blue bag ripped during my first airline trip. Stuff fell out of my bag never to be recovered again.

It ripped along the had canvas portion of the bag.

Suprised because I have the next smaller bag by olympia and everythibg was fine with that one.
review image
on January 12, 2014
This is the jumbo bag I was missing. It comes wrapped in a small bag so you may carry on when not using. Good built material, not sure if it is water proof but seems to be water resistant. I love it.
on June 6, 2014
My husband used this bag for a 20-day cross country road trip with his friends. It was spacious enough for a week's worth of clothing, toiletries, food items, camera, and, of course, his Kindle. The handle options made it very easy for him to hoist and carry the bag, and the soft sides made it easy to tuck in the trunk of the car around other peoples' suitcases. His one comment was that it would have been better if there were some sort of firm bottom that would have given the bag a bit more shape. Otherwise, it was just what he needed. It came two days after I ordered it, and although it did have a chemical odor (as mentioned by other reviewers), that was easily remedied by opening it up and letting it air out on the porch for a day or two before packing it. His trip home was by airplane, and the bag held up well except for the fact that the nylon zipper came apart in transit -- could have been a very bad thing had the whole zipper disengaged, but fortunately he had fastened the two cross-straps, so no harm done. Would definitely recommend this bag!
on September 30, 2015
Bought this to lug all my riding, daytime, and camping gear through Cycle Oregon's weeklong tour. Perfect size for everything I needed - sleeping bag, tent, camp chair, bags of riding kits and camp clothes, toiletries, jacket, towels, bike tools... The bag shows no signs of being hauled and stacked and thrown and otherwise mauled by volunteers from local high-school football teams from semi-trailers to gravel, grass, and rain. Looking forward to relying on it again for the next tours I go on.

Reviews noting the manufacturing smell prompted me to leave the bag outside in the sun for a few days before packing which definitely helped.
on July 6, 2012
This duffel bag is awesome. It holds a crap load of stuff, 1 of which is a trench coat, and you know how big a trench coat is. Another is a Targus 17" laptop backpack filled with different items, plus the laptop of course. It's filled, but it still feels light enough to pick up and carry around with no problem.

Yes it's big, but come on, it's 42 inches long, of course it's going to be big. The plus side of the size is it fits so much stuff. If you want something big that you don't have to carry around, there's always those travel bags with the wheels and handles.

Now, color... when I ordered mine, it showed green and black. That's exactly what I got. The buckles on the top are a great feature to help with support of the sides. I haven't used the side pocket yet, but I just don't have a need for that right now.

Shoulder strap... Haven't used it, but I'm one of those who prefer to just carry it by the handle(s).

Thanks,
Chuck McK.
on May 31, 2015
I bought this bag for the sole purpose of transporting some carved wooden chairs on an international flight. It worked great. I was not charged any oversized luggage fees and the bag held up on the flight. It has only been used on one flight thus far so I cannot speak to durability. Bright orange color makes it easy to see on the luggage carousel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.