Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 198 reviews
on December 22, 2013
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
on January 12, 2014
This is the jumbo bag I was missing. It comes wrapped in a small bag so you may carry on when not using. Good built material, not sure if it is water proof but seems to be water resistant. I love it.
on July 12, 2017
This is a great duffle! Sturdy and spacious. Our son is using this for his first sleep away camp, and it has served its purpose well and held up beautifully. I don't know yet how it would stand up to the rigors of airplane or international travel, but we will find out next summer. I would buy again in a heartbeat. Very affordable, sporty looking, and durable.
*Note: the bag did have a strong odor when it arrived, as other reviews indicated, and airing it outside for a few days remedied that before we used it.
on June 3, 2017
Surprisingly strong. I bought two when I moved across the country and needed to take belongings with me on the plane. They were stuffed to the point where the zippers should have ripped (they didn't). The weight was just under the 50 lb airline limit (40 and 47 lbs). At the low price, I only expected them to last once, but we're using them more and more for other trips. They've already paid for themselves, so when they fail (all eventually do), we'll still be happy with them. Highly recommended.
on July 14, 2015
This 42" blue bag ripped during my first airline trip. Stuff fell out of my bag never to be recovered again.

It ripped along the had canvas portion of the bag.

Suprised because I have the next smaller bag by olympia and everythibg was fine with that one.
review image
on June 1, 2017
Looks well made and it's really nice, I have yet to put it to the travel test. The one thing that you notice right away is the awful synthetic odor, I guess it must be coming from the plastic inner lining. It was so bad that I put it in the washer otherwise whatever you put in there will come out smelling like that, especially clothes. After being in the washer, some of the inner fabric came apart, I guess not finished well. I thinking of returning it.
So neutralize that nasty plastic odor and fix those areas that come apart.
review image review image
on April 10, 2013
I actually ordered two of these to take on a family trip to Florida. We were planing on putting these on the roof of our car in the luggage rack. When the package was opened I could not believe the smell - nearly a stench! It was a strong sweet sickly plastic chemical smell. Understand that I am not one who writes these reviews much, but I feel compelled to writhe this one. When I say it was a strong smell - I mean it - the whole house stunk like these bags in a matter of minutes. Put your face into the bag and it will gag you. Put your clothes in this and they will likely stink too!

I was initially prepared to return these to Amazon but they are pretty nice bags and I actually like them very much. I read a few other reviews (too late) and saw reports on what folks did to remedy this and then I set to work. First I stole some of my teenagers Axe body wash and fixed up a huge batch of hot soapy water, Then I took them into the garage and scrubbed them like they did in the olden days of laundry. Rinsed them again in warm water, and hung them up to drip dry. Now they smelled like a teenage boy in heat that was dipped in some kind of industrial chemical vat! Better, but still not good enough to put any clothes in. Two weeks outside on the porch is what finally did the trick. These things need to be aired out for a very long time!

The bags themselves are well made I believe (the wonders of modern chemistry!), and if it weren't for the stench initially, I would have given them 4-5 stars. They are HUGE - really HUGE bags and easily hold two weeks worth of clothes and supplies. Good hand holds, durable fabrics, and quality zippers. Colors are vibrant and after washing and weathering, still the colors were bold. I don't think they are as waterproof as they are advertised, maybe because of the washing I did, but they did not shed water like I had hoped.

If you buy one of these bags you will be impressed with the quality of the materials and workmanship, but plan on airing them out and scrubbing off the chemical stench. MINIMUM TWO WEEKS OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS TO MAKE THESE USABLE!

My heart goes out to the poor people who work in the factory that produces these bags - I cannot imagine living with this smell all the time! The place that makes these bags likely has a hole in the ozone directly above it.

I hope this helps some of you.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2014
My husband used this bag for a 20-day cross country road trip with his friends. It was spacious enough for a week's worth of clothing, toiletries, food items, camera, and, of course, his Kindle. The handle options made it very easy for him to hoist and carry the bag, and the soft sides made it easy to tuck in the trunk of the car around other peoples' suitcases. His one comment was that it would have been better if there were some sort of firm bottom that would have given the bag a bit more shape. Otherwise, it was just what he needed. It came two days after I ordered it, and although it did have a chemical odor (as mentioned by other reviewers), that was easily remedied by opening it up and letting it air out on the porch for a day or two before packing it. His trip home was by airplane, and the bag held up well except for the fact that the nylon zipper came apart in transit -- could have been a very bad thing had the whole zipper disengaged, but fortunately he had fastened the two cross-straps, so no harm done. Would definitely recommend this bag!
on September 30, 2015
Bought this to lug all my riding, daytime, and camping gear through Cycle Oregon's weeklong tour. Perfect size for everything I needed - sleeping bag, tent, camp chair, bags of riding kits and camp clothes, toiletries, jacket, towels, bike tools... The bag shows no signs of being hauled and stacked and thrown and otherwise mauled by volunteers from local high-school football teams from semi-trailers to gravel, grass, and rain. Looking forward to relying on it again for the next tours I go on.

Reviews noting the manufacturing smell prompted me to leave the bag outside in the sun for a few days before packing which definitely helped.
on April 25, 2015
United Airlines allowed this duffel, but four other duffels of another brand were not so lucky, so beware of agents that will tug out the corners to the maximum dimensions and assess extra baggage fees, which in the case of United's oversize fee is $200 per bag. For a charitable medical mission and for a two million mile flyer, they are completely inflexible. This bag is study, priced right, not too heavy which helps stay under the weight limits when checking as luggage. Choosing a color other than black will save you time and stress waiting for it to appear on a luggage carousel in the airport!