Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
on July 14, 2015
This 42" blue bag ripped during my first airline trip. Stuff fell out of my bag never to be recovered again.

It ripped along the had canvas portion of the bag.

Suprised because I have the next smaller bag by olympia and everythibg was fine with that one.
review image
on April 25, 2017
This bag worked great to fit our inflatable paddle board (SUP). We ordered this and the Northstar Sports 1050 bag to see which one we like better. The Olympia bag has a more canvas feel and the zippers seemed more heavy duty. We also liked that the Olympia bag has buckles that can be tightened. It made us feel better about the bag going through checked baggage at the airport. Our paddle board (34" tall when rolled) fit in the Olympia 36" bag, however it was very tight so we returned it and ordered the 42" bag instead. The paddle board fits nicely in this bag. Technically, this bag is too large for the airline 62" rule (L+W+H <= 62"), however because the buckles on the bag can be tightened, the bag dimensions can be sinched up tighter if it is not full.

We did not have any issues checking the bag with Southwest in Chicago or Tampa.
on August 14, 2016
Bought two months ago. Used once and bag ripped along the seam. We are too late for the return window so we have a useless piece of luggage.
review image
on March 27, 2017
Large, durable bag. We travel internationally, so always looking for an extra large duffle easy to pack in carry on outbound and large/sturdy enough to hold a lot for our return. This one definitely does the trick!
on March 23, 2017
Bought this to hold the hardware for my drum kit (symbol stands, throne etc) very good size and sturdy bag.
on April 21, 2017
Looks ok. But smells really bad. Like fuel oil. Strong enough to give you a head ACH. If it doesn't air out it's unusable!
on December 22, 2013
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
on April 22, 2017
This bag is perfect size for my husband and his hunting trips!
on November 11, 2013
Let me just say this: this bag is really freaking large. Do you know how big 42" is? I didn't! This is my fault. I'm not good at visualizing things and I didn't bother to get out a tape measure. For the price (compared to other pieces of luggage) it was sort of on the impulse buy spectrum. (Note: I'm not reviewing it any lower for my failure in this area.)

It's a well-enough made bag with side handles, top handles and a shoulder strap. My chief complaint is that if you're not going to pack it full then it will not keep its shape very well and your belongings will migrate toward the center of the bag the longer you use the shoulder strap. I wish it had a board at the bottom, like some bags do, that helped it stay a little firmer. Still, the length of it makes it a little unwieldy and troublesome to navigate places with (airports, cabs, narrow hallways.) I ultimately just bought a smaller bag for much of my traveling but still use this one on laundry days since it's hard to find a large laundry bag with a decent shoulder strap.
on April 10, 2013
I actually ordered two of these to take on a family trip to Florida. We were planing on putting these on the roof of our car in the luggage rack. When the package was opened I could not believe the smell - nearly a stench! It was a strong sweet sickly plastic chemical smell. Understand that I am not one who writes these reviews much, but I feel compelled to writhe this one. When I say it was a strong smell - I mean it - the whole house stunk like these bags in a matter of minutes. Put your face into the bag and it will gag you. Put your clothes in this and they will likely stink too!

I was initially prepared to return these to Amazon but they are pretty nice bags and I actually like them very much. I read a few other reviews (too late) and saw reports on what folks did to remedy this and then I set to work. First I stole some of my teenagers Axe body wash and fixed up a huge batch of hot soapy water, Then I took them into the garage and scrubbed them like they did in the olden days of laundry. Rinsed them again in warm water, and hung them up to drip dry. Now they smelled like a teenage boy in heat that was dipped in some kind of industrial chemical vat! Better, but still not good enough to put any clothes in. Two weeks outside on the porch is what finally did the trick. These things need to be aired out for a very long time!

The bags themselves are well made I believe (the wonders of modern chemistry!), and if it weren't for the stench initially, I would have given them 4-5 stars. They are HUGE - really HUGE bags and easily hold two weeks worth of clothes and supplies. Good hand holds, durable fabrics, and quality zippers. Colors are vibrant and after washing and weathering, still the colors were bold. I don't think they are as waterproof as they are advertised, maybe because of the washing I did, but they did not shed water like I had hoped.

If you buy one of these bags you will be impressed with the quality of the materials and workmanship, but plan on airing them out and scrubbing off the chemical stench. MINIMUM TWO WEEKS OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS TO MAKE THESE USABLE!

My heart goes out to the poor people who work in the factory that produces these bags - I cannot imagine living with this smell all the time! The place that makes these bags likely has a hole in the ozone directly above it.

I hope this helps some of you.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse