Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2012
Just what I was looking for - a large, one-compartment bag under 62 linear inches. Perfect for flying with bulky camping gear. Plus lots of small pockets for the easy-to-lose stuff.

QUALITY: Can't vouch for how it will hold up over the years yet, but the quality (material, zippers, wheels, etc.) is similar to the bag I'm replacing, which held up for several flights over 10+ years. I'm sure the $100+ bags are more heavy-duty, but this one seems great for the money. I expect it to last as long as the old one.

SIZE: There is some discrepancy with the specs on the web. Mine measures 28.5"x14.1"x14.8" on the outside, including the wheels, but not the straps & pockets (I posted a customer images with rulers). That's 57.4 linear inches. Size is important because I want the biggest bag I can get without exceeding the airline's 62" checked bag limit. And since duffels tend to puff out when packed (especially when stuffing the pockets), I feel this bag is the perfect size. Also note: Be careful about the weight too. Large bags like this are easy to exceed the 50 lb airline weight limit, so be careful when packing heavy items. (Note: Weight of empty bag about 6.5 lbs.).

WARRANTY: There is some discrepancy about the warranty too. Amazon doesn't mention it. eBags.com says 10 years. The tag on my bag says 2 years, immediately followed by "Luggage America, Inc. warrants this product from defects in materials and/or workmanship for 5 years". I posted an image of the tag. Good luck figuring that out. Hope I don't need to.

SUMMARY: Very nice bag for the price. Seems well made, but time will tell. I will post updates if I have any problems. I'm sure more expensive bags are better, but I'm giving it 5 stars for value, size, and features.

Hope it helps. See my customer images (Note: customer images seem to be difficult to get to for this product. Click on "See all customer images" underneath the pictures). Appreciate the feedback.
review image review image
1313 comments| 635 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2014
I purchased this for daily use as I do a lot of traveling and wanted something which would haul both my clothing and work materials in one bag. While this has plenty of pockets, is large enough to accommodate all of my items and is easy to store, the frame and telescoping handle are not terribly sturdy. Within the first two months I owned it the handle completely disconnected and the frame along the bottom is loose. If you're using it for light items or less frequently then I do this may be the bag for you. If you need something which will hold up longer I recommend finding something with a more durable frame.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 28, 2014
This bag does not stand on end . Straps were annoying so we cut them off. One thing I did not think about was the way the top flap opens which is truly duffel bag style which I did not like either. Missing my old Lucas multi pocket suitcase that lasted thru five family members for almost 16 years.
on November 12, 2013
Purchased 3 of these bags for a big move to Australia. All made it safely and still looked relatively new after connecting Dallas - Detroit - Los Angeles - Sydney.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 28, 2012
Very frequent flyer. Bought as a replacement mid-trip for a bag the airlines completely mutilated.

Lasted a 3-leg trip back home. Later in the week, flew out and bag only weighed in at 35lbs (remember because I was relatively surprised it was so low compared to the usual) and when at destination, an entire end had been torn off.

I am giving two stars instead of one, because I cannot say for sure it was not at-least partially airline induced - and one time being mishandled is all it needs. Likewise, it did only last a week which is an all time low for me. Did not expect it to be a long term replacement with how much I travel anyhow, but am disappointed in the duration it lasted.
on March 29, 2013
Had used the bag for a 2 week trip. I'm lucky I didn't loose contents! Had to get tape at the airline counter just to get out of the airport.
Companies warranty policy costs $ 9.95 and you have to pay to ship it to them! No refunds only replacement. Now why would I want to replace a bag that lasted 2 weeks?!
on December 11, 2010
This product is much better quality than I thought it would be. I was very impressed when I opened the box. It looks to me to be larger than 13" wide. Since it is canvas, it could easily bulge out wider to accommodate clothing that is put in it. There are 7 other pockets and under a flap is a pull out handle to pull the bag on it's very nice quality wheels.
on May 14, 2012
We bought two for a Costa Rica vacation. One worked fine. It withstood the rigors of airline and bus travel and is ready for another trip. The other bag's main zipper detached from the bag ( inadequate sewing) leaving the contents to spill out. A couple of belts and some duct tape saved the day. Amazon, being the great retailer that they are, made good on the broken bag. - Thanks Amazon!
11 comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I purchased two of these to take on an extended road trip (4 weeks), and I love them.

I'm not sure I would want to subject them to the rigors of international airline travel and a lot of rough handling, but for my purposes, they were perfect. They hold a LOT, and are fairly easy to get in and out of the car trunk. My usual practice on road trips is to leave the large duffels in the trunk, and take only what I'll need for the night in a smaller (19") wheeled tote. These duffels helped me stay organized through 5 national parks and a visit with relatives, with no signs of wear.

I look forward to using them on future road trips, using one for shorter trips (1-2 weeks), and two for longer treks. The color is nice (I got the hot pink option), and the construction is quite good for the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.