Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 217 reviews
on November 3, 2016
This is the optimal "under the airplane seat" travel bag. It holds a lot, has two exterior zipper pockets,and still fits under the airplane seat n front of you. This and a 22" carry-on suitcase give you plenty of room for even a week-long trip. The handle is stable and the wheels mean you don't have to lug a second bag through the airport. You can even use the back-pack straps, but I've unhooked their clasps to store the straps behind the pack cushion so they are out of the way.
on January 31, 2017
My husband and I both have these backpacks for traveling. We like to travel light and only take carry-on luggage and this backpack is a great size for that. It fits in any overhead compartment, or it can fit under the seat (if you don't pack it too full). He's had his for over a year and it still looks new. My only small complaint is the handle doesn't lock when you pull it up, so if you try to rest your hand on the handle, it'll start to collapse back into the backpack. Not a big deal, but a little annoying.
on January 11, 2016
I was looking for a rolling back pack that would fit under the seat in front of me for United Air lines aisle seat. When the airlines added the electronic plug in box under the seat my old back pack was too wide. This one just fits if you don't overstuff it. When the back pack is laying flat under the seat in front of you, the height makes it stick out slightly beyond the allotted space, but not so much as to be a problem. I took off 1 star and only rated it 4 star because the handle won't stay up. It keeps collapsing and I don't have the time to send it back to see if it a problem with the design or an isolated issue.
on June 16, 2017
Two big issues. First, only one of the pockets has dual zippers so you can access things from the top. The others require you to zip all the way around to get inside which means the flap sags open and can dump the contents. Quality backpacks and soft luggage all provide dual zippers. The second issue is the lack of depths in the two outer pockets, one is so narrow that it holds very little, and both are half-circles so there is even less that will fit. Had we seen this in person we would not have purchased. Fortunately, this backpack is not a piece of garbage since the stitching seems good and it rolls well.
on January 2, 2014
I've been researching this rolling backpack for months, looking to replace the Olympia SportsPlus I've had over 6 years.
I finally had to bite the bullet as the one I was using was really worn out. It still held stuff, and the wheels rolled, but one zipper had broken - it was time. I was a little put off by the color it showed for navy - it was lite blue, not dark blue. But I took a leap of faith and ordered it and it was NAVY - YAY! I've been using it for a few days now, and it is FANTASTIC! It holds MORE stuff that the previous backpack, and the paddled handle on top is so comfortable whenever I have to lift it. Being older, I don't have the padding in my hands I use to have, so this was important to me. Absolutely 5 STARS!
on January 28, 2014
Thus far I've used this rolling back pack for a semester at college and it has been fine. I hope it lasts longer and will use for this upcoming semester. I have had to purchase a good number of these rolling back packs though in the past and have spent much more in costs because I thought I was getting a sturdy one in the past, although that one broke down the first semester and lost its wheels, then another which kept falling over because it did not have the front legs on it to hold it steady when stopped, and another I use for more school film equipment, but this one, although not the largest one out of the bunch was a fair price and I am happy with it thus far.
on August 8, 2012
My housemate and I are middle-aged folks who don't have a car--so we use this rolling knapsack to haul our groceries home, usually on the public bus, or occasionally walking. (Probably averages about 15-22 pounds each time on the bus?) The fabric handle on top is nice when lifting it onto a bus. I also like that it is compact, and not heavy at all, but yet it rolls nicely. We've had it a little over a year, and it still works fine. The retractable metal handle sometimes has to be played with just a bit to get it to retract all the way. But this isn't a serious problem, and we can get it to retract when we need to.

Update, April 2016: We still have this thing. Bar on one side of the handle is now permanently in the retracted position--but I can still use the handle to pull it down the street. Top handle is still in great shape, despite being frequently used to lift a full pack onto the city bus. These days, I only use this pack about half the time, and use another rolling pack the rest of the time. Still, I would say it has held up reasonably well, and I expect to buy another one.
on September 10, 2016
I'm 5'10" and the handle is a nice length for me. This backpack has plenty of space and seems very solid. I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The only negative is that the zippers aren't as smooth as they could be. I would purchase again.
on October 4, 2013
The Olympia 18" Rolling Backpack has saved my child's neck/shoulder/back. The reason why I purchased this item was due to his complaints of discomfort and pain - he even had a mark on his shoulder where it meets the neck. The regular book bag was so heavy, that it really hurt him. That's when I immediately ordered this rolling book bag.

The book bag is well constructed. The wheels are sturdy and smooth gliding. The handle super easy up and down.

School may not allow these. BUT - you can get away with it if: you DO NOT wheel it in the school. You must put the handle away, and pick it up and carry it into school. This is due to safety regulations(trip hazard). While him carrying the heavy book bag seems to defeat the purpose of relieving his discomfort, he only has to carry it into school. He gets to walk to school pulling it to and fro, instead of carrying a heavy book bag the distance. That brings up another point. Perhaps it is really only worthwhile for children who walk to and from school. It wouldn't be worthwhile for those who ride the bus. Not being allowed to wheel it in school, as well as taking the bus, there would never be an opportunity/reason to use the handle/rolling feature.

So again, my recommendation would be - that it's excellent for children who walk to school.
on November 17, 2015
I love this rolling backpack. I have returned to college after retirement. Lugging around books and art supplies was doing a number on my back; this backpack is just what I needed. I am an art student and this holds all my art supplies for easy portability. It is well made and has lots of room with a separate compartment for writing utensils..

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.