Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 233 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 246 reviews
on August 21, 2010
I got this bag to use for college, and I was not disappointed - it's huge! But it collapses to a size that makes it perfect for sliding under my bed in my TINY dorm room. The wheels run smoothly, everything zips up well, and there are tons of pockets and plenty of room. Definitely recommended.

The one thing I would note, though, is that the handle seems to run a little short - I'm 5'11, and I can bend my arm to reach the handle, but much taller and you'll have some minor stretching to do, I think.

Edit 07/2015: This bag lasted me until 2014, when it developed a small tear on one of the edges (probably from me dragging it around too carelessly). Nothing a patch couldn't fix. Definitely worth the investment in 2010.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2017
I took this duffle on a trip to Israel. I lugged it over cobblestone, through sand, and up and down flights of stairs every day. This was the perfect duffle bag! I packed 12 days worth of clothes and packed my shoes in the compartment in the bottom of the bag. I also took 6 flights and the bag held up very well. The bag zipped easily and I was able to pack far more than I imagined.
on December 27, 2009
We ordered this because we needed to send a bag to family, and needed something reasonably priced, that would hold a fair amount, and would arrive quickly. This one fit the bill. It's a decent bag and it served its purpose well. Rolls smoothly and seems pretty durable.

<edit> We have now taken it on a few trips and it's held up with no problems.
on September 28, 2010
Highly recommend this product for its price and quality. Holds alot of items. Only one flaw -- does not stand upright unless the bottom is packed tight and flat -- but for the price it is doable. The quality is excellent.
on January 31, 2011
We wanted an item that could pack away smaller than a regular sized suitcase and yet hold as much when traveling! We used this item on a recent 7-day cruise and were very pleased with it's capacity! We loved the separate bottom compartment for packing away shoes, etc. We found this item to be very sturdy... others that went with us had smaller bags of this same type and they twisted as they were pulled, ours pulled along nicely. The only thing I would have liked better, which I read in other reviews prior to our purchase, was that it does not stand on end. It will topple over. But I do like the fact that the handle is zipped in it's own compartment so it can't fly out or get caught on anything while traveling or during baggage handling. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great bag that stores flat.
on June 19, 2017
I would NEVER buy this bag again. It's poorly designed - only two large zippered compartments and one completely useless shallow exterior pocket with a velcro closing. The pullout handle was basically useless because the bag itself was so unstable and the wheels are not spinners. I tried re-arranging the contents a few times to see if a different distribution of weight would help, but it didn't. The exterior material is already torn and shredded after just one trip.
on September 9, 2016
I liked the size and room that throw bag offered, but it broke on its first trip. Leaving a cruise boat, the wheel support broke (on a smooth walkway) so the bag was dragging on the bottom, which meant I had to carry the bag the rest of the trip, and as the bag doesn't have a shoulder strap, that was a frustrating walk.
review image
on December 28, 2011
I was skeptical about whether a $40 bag could take the abuse of an 18-day trip to India with 6 flights, numerous bus trips, a train excursion, etc. In the end, it was the perfect size (accommodating purchases too). The main flaw for this 1st trip was the flimsy zip cover to the telescoping handle which ripped and must now be repaired with duct tape. I am not sure why they used such a paperthin cover for that spot; you can practically jam your finger through it. That being said, the telescoping handle cover is not absolutely necessary. My main concern for this trip was the zippers and how they would hold up with all the handling and 45 total pounds; I had no problem. For the price, I think it was a good purchase. Love the red color and that's coming from someone who is strongly devoted to black! p.s. This bag arrived 1-2 days after ordering, wicked quick.
on August 8, 2016
Bad duffle; bad return policy by Amazon. This Olympia Luggage 30" Rollling Duffle,Blue,One Size did not make it through one airplane ride without being ripped open. The fabric is not strong enough to use for checked luggage. Also, The return period is lousy, only 30 days, because when I got home and tried to return or replace it, Amazon said "the return period has expired". In 30 days!!! I am very unhappy. Thank goodness my stuff didn't fall out the hole ripped in the bag. It was a big rip. And the bag was not overstuffed or really heavy.
on November 19, 2011
I bought this bag for extensive travel both by car and plane. I like the duffel bag style since it allows me to really stuff in a lot of clothes and things if I need to. I had a bag like this but smaller and as I was taking a few 1-2 week trips I needed a bag I could pack a lot in, intending to take only two carry-on bags in addition (a backpack and shoulder bag).

What I like about this bag is not only the amount of space in the main body, but the extra bit of space in the expandable bottom. It's not a lot of extra space and if you pack too much in it it'll start encroaching on the main body, but it's great for packing extra items that can lie flat, or to throw magazines or other extras you manage to pick up while traveling. It's also easily accessible, unzipping along the entire length of the bottom of the bag. So if you want to add something after you've packed the main bag, it's easy enough to do.

One thing I've been constantly surprised about when packing this bag is how much extra space I have, even when I think I've got it packed to the gills, there's always a big pocket of space at one of the corners. And I pack very strategically making as good a use of space as possible. Even packing coats and sweaters for a cold climate, you can get a lot in this bag.

It's a pretty sturdy bag too; good closure and a retractable handle that zips closed. And actually unless you're really tall, the bag is long enough to use the handle attached to the bag to pull it. It will tip over, so you can't set it on end, but it also doesn't tend to wobble too much like some roller bags. It rights itself pretty easily so your not fighting with it while wrangling other bags and travel documents.

It took a bit of a beating as it needs to be checked when flying, so some holes and scratches where evident immediately. But with bags of this type of material, that seems to be the norm. You'd have to get a bag of more durable material to stand up to baggage handlers. Let's face it, luggage is heavy and at some point some poor guy's dragging his 50th bag off the plane so isn't going to be as gentle as you'd like him to be with your luggage.

Overall, this bag has proved to be a good buy. I'd definitely get another one.

The side pockets don't offer a lot of extra room; but are a great place to put a pair of slippers, flip flops, or something you forgot to pack and need to add at the last minute.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.