Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Olympia SB5500 Portable Solar Panel Battery Charger with USB and MicroUSB, 5500mAh
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$40.00 (67%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 5500mAh lithium polymer battery for charging multiple devices
- Dual high efficiency solar panels allow you to charge your devices by harnessing the power of the sun
- Built-in USB cable for quick and easy recharging of the internal battery
- Integrated Micro-USB cable and two built-in USB ports let you charge multiple devices at once
- LED power indicator
- Charges small devices (e.g., cell phones) in apx. 2-3 hours
- Charges mid-size devices (e.g., tablets) in apx. 5-6 hours
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Never suffer from dreaded battery drainage again! Olympia’s 5500mAh lithium polymer solar battery allows you to harness the power of the sun while you enjoy the great outdoors. No sun, no problem. The SB5500 is as flexible as you. You can use the sun or plug it in to charge it up. It has a power bank that stores energy for those sunless times. Cell phones, tablets, flashlights, two-way radios or anything with a USB or Micro-USB port will now be able to keep up with you. Charge multiple items at once with the built-in USB and Micro USB ports. Perfect for camping, boating, travel or any situation where you may find yourself needing an extra power boost while out and about.
The SB5500 has two integrated solar panels for charging the lithium polymer battery when no dedicated power source is available. Simply open up the panels, place it in the sunlight and you’ll be ready to charge your portable devices in no time.
The internal 5500mAh Lithium Polymer battery packs plenty of power to keep your portable devices charged anytime you need them. A full battery will provide 2-3 full charges for a cell phone or 1-2 charges for a tablet.
Input/ Output Integration
The SB5500 comes with an integrated micro-USB cable as well as two USB ports that you can use to charge multiple devices at once. It works with almost all major cell phones and tablets as well as any other device that charges via USB or micro-USB cable.
Charging the SB5500's internal battery is both simple and versatile. It can be charged via the integrated USB cable, the supplied micro-USB cable or simply by opening it up and exposing the two integrated solar panels to the sun.
With the Olympia SB5500, never suffer from dreaded battery drainage again. Olympia's solar power battery charger allows you to harness the power of the sun while you enjoy the great outdoors. No sun, no problem. Olympia's Solar Battery SB5500 is as flexible as you. You can use the sun or plug it in to charge it up. It has a power bank that stores energy for those sunless times. Cell phones, tablets, flashlights, two-way radios or anything with a USB or Micro-USB port will now be able to keep up with you.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A couple of buddies and I decided to go camping for a few days and, as much as I love being outdoors, the thought of spending 3 days without my phone is terrifying so I decided I needed some backup power. I chose this model because of the ability to recharge the battery from the solar panels since we weren’t going to be near any power outlets for any extended period of time.
In short, this product is great! I was able to charge my phone from around 10% battery to full in about 2 or 3 hours. I was able to do this twice before I had to recharge the battery pack itself. On the second day we went out for a hike so I left the battery back by the tent with the solar panels open. We came back maybe 5 hours later and it was fully charged and ready to go. Also, since my friend (who is not as forward thinking as me ) didn’t bring a battery backup, so I let him piggyback off of mine and we were able to charge both of our phones at the same time.
A really nice feature which I didn’t even think about until I actually used it is the fact that the cables are built right into the unit, so there is no extra cord that needs to tag along with it (which I would have inevitably lost somewhere along the way or not been able to find in the darkness of our campsite). It’s all self-contained which is really convenient and pretty cleverly designed.
I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who needs some backup power on the go.
- Quick charging time for the phones
- Compact size / light weight
- Built in cables (so I didn’t need to carry my phone’s charging cable with me)
- Surprisingly quick solar recharging of the battery.
- Power remaining in the battery is indicated by 5 dots whereas I prefer to see a % number like on a phone, but this is just a personal preference I suppose.
One cool feature is that it has a 2.1amp, USB output. I actually use that to charge my phone versus the integrated micro-usb cable. That's because it can charge my phone quicker. I think they put it in there though to be able to charge a tablet and a phone at the same time.
The unit is slightly larger than my old battery, but that is because they need solar panels that are bigger. Still, this easily fits into my backpack. I can get it into my back pocket but its a little tight.
Overall, it is a great deal. This cost me around $60 which is what I paid for my old battery. With the solar panels, this does much, much more.
- Very lightweight. When I strap it on to my backpack I dont know its there.
- Charges even if dont have direct sunlight. I was a little worried that my phone would only charge when the sun was directly overhead. The first time I plugged my phone in was around 9am. The charging icon came on my phone! I try to keep my open apps to a minimum. I gained about 10% battery in an hour. Given that some of the time I was turned away from the sun, I think this is good.
- The pack seems to be well constructed. It has a heavy duty nylon surface (except for the panels themselves). The stitching looked good. I dont see myself doing a field repair!
- The company seems legit compared to all the Chinese brands takimg over Amazon.The company says they have been around since 1903 and they have a bunch of other products like flashlighs.
- Not much here. There is a USB charging port where you plug your phone into. There was a micro-USB cable that came with it. Since I am still on a 3GS (I know, I am a dinosaur), I had to bring my own cable to the party.
Over all a thumbs up. Good quality product at a very good price. When I am not hiking, it is in my glove compartment for emergencies.