Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 327 reviews
on August 14, 2011
I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 and wanted a float strap for it, so I bought this one. It works, floats the camera fine. However, I did not replace my camera's strap with this, I put BOTH straps on. So when I'm in deep water where the camera cannot be retrieved, I do NOT trust this strap to hold my camera, I secure the one the camera came with to my wrist and NEVER take it off. I remove this strap via the snap so it isn't in the way when I'm using the original strap. It's very convenient to snap on and off when I want it. Some have said the snap failed on them, but it seems very tight for me, I haven't had a problem, but then I'm not dangling the camera from the strap all the time.

What do I use this for then? I use it when we are taking pictures in the pool and I'm not concerned about being able to retrieve the camera if it sank, but I don't want to HAVE to. This way when I hand the camera to my kids and if they drop it it doesn't end up on on the bottom of the pool and get damaged hitting the bottom.

This is in NO WAY a replacement for your original strap. You cannot put this strap tightly around your wrist, it doesn't get tight even when cinched up completely. It's useful in the pool at home, not while snorkeling or scuba diving.
on April 23, 2014
It's bright and visible, no doubt. Easy to spot in the water or out.
The adjustable pinch clip on here lets this function as an arm-band, and the retention clip is easily removed for days you don't need the floatation. Really though, the clip should be closer to the floatie, so you can use the strap without it. As it is, with the fastener disconnected, you would need a separate hand-strap.

I have another 1-piece foam floatation camera strap that seems to hold less water after use. This one has some space between the orange fabric and foam blocks that holds water, so if you want this to dry out, some wringing and shaking is required to force the water out. Not a big deal, but if you're comparing, the design is a big different. The benefit is that the floatation part is more flexible, being segmented like this.

Can't beat the price, and works fine on non-Olympus cameras, of course. Plenty of lifting power for any point & shoot.
on February 21, 2015
Had this on my arm everytime we snorkeled in Maui. I had it attached to my camera (in a waterproof pouch) and it worked exactly as I hoped! I tested it out in my sink at home, and it definitely floats. I even tried it with two items in two separate waterproof pouches: my Galaxy phone and my camera, and it was able to manage both of those with only a slight dip.

I would definitely get this to go along with any waterproof pouches you intend on bringing in the water with you. Even though it stayed around my arm the whole time (I am a woman with very slender arms, by the way, and my fiancé with bulky man arms was also able to wear it comfortably) I had a sense of comfort knowing that my things wouldn't sink to the bottom of the ocean if I dropped them!
on September 28, 2014
I bought this strap to hold my Nikon AW110 while snorkeling in Hawaii. When I first unpacked this strap, it looked very bulky and cumbersome. But once I got in the water, I found the strap very useful for snorkeling. It fits right around your arm and cinches down, making it very easy to swim while keeping your camera safe. If there's a caveat to this strap, it would be the weak points of the design. For instance,where the orange fabric/float meets the black strap is more weakly attached than the connector to the cord--which makes little sense. And of course, if that click snap detaches while in the water, you could lose your camera. But--neither happened during my week of snorkeling. Conclusion: this is a great strap for the price, although you'll want to watch it for signs of wear/failure.
on July 13, 2010
I have a Panasonic Luminix Camera and purchased this for the just in case situation where i dropped it in the water. After receiving it, the first thing I did was to test to see if it floated and it did so admirably in my bath tub with my rubber ducky and such.

It is a huge floating orange wrist strap and I can see the need for it if you were to lose your camera in the water, the orange color and size makes it easy to identify and locate. If you have a smaller wrist, it hangs a little loose, but as long as you're not skipping and wildly swinging your arms it's okay.

Like previous reviewers have said, the clip does fit in snug, so I dont really have any fear of it falling out of the quick release, but I do use a Carabiner clip with it just in case. Because my camera fits into a small case, I leave part of the strap attached to the camera, but when its in the snug case, I use a carabiner clip to strap the orange floating strap piece to the key chain fob part of my camera case. When I attach it to the actual camera, I use the carbiner as extra security to keep it attached to the camera.

All in all, it floats well, doesn't soak up very much water and dries fast. It does it's job and floats in the water, I have used it at the beach, and when I was swimming in a river in Mexico. Granted I had it clipped onto my life vest, but it gave me the peace of mind to use my camera in water that was deeper than the 10 ft that my camera could survive in.
on January 3, 2014
I purchased this for a rugged/waterproof camera I recently purchased. I have the same complaints as others. The thing strap attachment appears weak and could easily rip. I compared it with the thickness of the wrist strap that came with the camera. The camera one is also thin (most are) but appears to be about double the thickness. Another commenter recommend a way to hook this strap to the factory strap and I will do that. Even at it's tightest setting, it is loose on the lower part of my lower arm, definitely can be used as a "wrist strap" but could be used as an arm strap. I might not even use it as a strap, more of an added layer of protection only when I have the camera on a boat, in the water, etc.. Likely won't use it when hiking or on road trips due to how loose it is over the wrist.
on February 12, 2015
I got the Olympus Foam Float Strap to go with our Olympus waterproof camera. I like it, it fits nicely around my wrist and it dose float on top of the water keeping the camera from dropping to the bottom. That being said the float is kind large and if you are somewhere like a water park and you want to use the camera out of the water you will want to remove it because it will get in the way, it dose have a clip to remove just the float but then there is no strap to put on your wrist.

Pros-
Keeps camera afloat
Bright/easy to find if dropped
Float is removable when not using in water

Cons-
Float is slow to dry when wet
Float is bulky
strap is a bit long for my liking
on November 26, 2014
Bought this for my Panasonic Lumix and it works great. Strap is a little big, but it never fell off throughout any of the water sports I tested it through. I have friends that bought competitor brands and this one floats the best. The floats are seamed into 5 sections and the first section is only submerged halfway into the water when floating. The strap will not even fulling submerge when dropping my camera from 6 ft into the water.

I also took this scuba diving 55 ft without a problem, forgot it was even there.
on July 18, 2014
Bought this for my Olympus TG-830iHS camera for a trip to Jamaica. In fear of missing out on some good photo ops, I kept this wrist strap on my camera every time I was in the ocean (and attached to me, of course). It was nice not having to hang onto my camera, but convenient to have it floating off my wrist. It was also nice to know the wrist strap would keep me from losing it in the ocean while snorkeling. Definitely a great accessory - well worth the buy!

Of course, if it's the lake vs. the ocean, I'd recommend this even more since most lake water is far too murky to find a dropped/sunken camera.
on August 7, 2013
I'm glad I bought this floating wrist strap for our underwater camera. It is bright colored and easy to see in the water. It does keep the camera floating in shallow water, but I didn't attempt to let go of it while deep underwater. I only wish it fit tighter around my wrist. I do have skinny wrists, bu. the strap would not tighten even close to snug. I guess the designer wanted to give it more "float" and prioritized that over better fit for a petite adult. I took this snorkeling in a windy day and about lost the camera within 10 seconds of hitting the water! I can push the float up higher in my arm and it is secure there, but I can't actually use it like that. The good thing about this float strap though, is that it is comfortable. I can be in the water and waves come and jerk the camera around, but it never hurt my wrist or arm. The strap never broke, and I had it on in pretty rough water conditions, so I would say it is reliable.