Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

*: Black|Style: 25mm f1.8|Change

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on October 10, 2016
Absolutely my favorite MFT lens currently for portrait type photography. Just wish focus distance was a tad closer, but very sharp images.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 30, 2016
To pair with this lens I got the Olympus OM-D E-M5. I attached a few sample shots. I'm a food blogger and just enjoy taking nice pictures of food. I also wanted something small and compact I could take on trips. My old DSLR broke so I needed something that could at least match my old camera. I'm so glad I made the decision to go mirrorless. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I'm no professional, but I think they look pretty good. I hope to learn more and be able to improve on capturing even better pictures in the future. Also, I was contemplating going with the Panasonic f1.4 but ultimately ended up with the Olympus to match my Olympus camera.
review image review image review image
on February 23, 2014
This Olympus lens has been long-awaited by the Micro 4/3 community, and I am pleased to say that Olympus delivered the goods.

Qualities:
-Sharp wide open throughout most of the frame with both near and far targets. Overall sharper than the Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 (which I will compare to on several points below) when you consider edge performance.
-Less color fringing than the Panasonic even when both are shot on a Panasonic body (I tested both on my GX7 as well as E-M1)
-Pleasing/smooth bokeh rendering
-Fast autofocus (AF), comparable to the Panasonic
-Good AF performance even in very low light
-Much closer minimum minimum focus distance than Panasonic
-Smaller and lighter than Panasonic (balances better on the smallest MFT bodies) - much smaller if you include the dedicated hoods (finally Olympus includes a hood)
-Has solid build, despite being plastic and light. The "decorative cap" is more snug, less inclined to fall off as compared to the Olympus 45mm lens

There are lots of samples and analysis to back all of this up at Mu-43.com

For me, the Olympus 25mm f/1.8 is a definite keeper. A no-brainer. However, I will also be keeping the Panasonic lens for it's extra 2/3 stop of speed, more shallow DOF capabilty, and unique rendering character. Both are wonderful choices.
66 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2016
I absolutely love this lens. It's small, light, and very fast. Pictures from it are crisp and sharp. It's paired with my Olympus OM-D EM10 which makes it an equivalent to a 50mm lens on a full frame camera and it's a match made in heaven. Great "walkaround" lens.
review image review image review image review image
on December 13, 2015
A 50mm is always the first lens I get when I get a new camera system because I'm a portrait photographer. It wasn't until I mounted a 50mm on a full frame did I fall even more in love with it. I recently ditched my DSLR for mirrorless. I got an XT-1 with, among other lenses, an awesome 56mm f/1.2. On the XT-1 the actual field of view is 80mm which is what I'm used to. Then I needed a backup camera and got the chance to get a Olympus EM5 MKII and this 25mm. Whoa! I shouldn't have been so surprised but I'm just used to the cropped 50mm focal length. I can see no other lens on my EM5. Excellent walk around focal length and the size with this M43 is perfect for street photography. And I agree with every other review that the focus speed is super fast.
on December 10, 2014
Now that I own this lens I use it more than any other; and I have 4 other MFT lenses. My next fastest lens is f3.5 so being able to step down to f1.8 is a big improvement. The only time this lens is not useful is in tight spots when you need something wider. The construction is excellent and it feels good in the hand. Yes it's a little tight on the camera but this is due to the metal lens mount, it will loosen up a bit with time. The focus speed when attached to my E-PL5 is fast and accurate.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 10, 2016
Sharp pics, no distortion, good cooler, quiet. Good bokeh for portraits. Fairly small. Seems well constructed. Kind of a must own prime for Olympus and Panasonic DMC-7 shooters.

Other Panasonic owners might want to skip it for the Panasonic Leica 1.4, since this lens has no stabilization. Unless you only shoot with tripods, don't try to convince yourself that you're ok without it. It's just not worth it to shoot un-stabilized. There's nothing like being able to shoot 1/15 by hand.
on June 6, 2014
This lens is really great on my E-M1.

It does come with the lens hood, so it seems that Olympus finally listened to customers on that issue. Use the hood! It will improve your photos and protect the lens at the same time.

Solid and dense (heavy) for its size, it's got some great glass inside.

In terms of price for performance, this is a great lens.
Great 50mm equivalent. I have 2 EP-5's and this a great all around lenses especially for a light lens. Having the f1.8 is a big plus for low-light settings. There is distortion that is easily corrected with software and it is fairly sharp.
on May 19, 2017
One of my favorite M43 lenses I own. The 1.8 stays sharp and produces amazing contrast, which is pretty awesome considering the size of the optics of this lens. I shoot with a Blackmagic Pocket, and this lens on RAW mode rivals a lot of pro-quality footage I've seen out there.