BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Olympus 25mm f1.8 Interchangeable Lens (Black)
*: Black|Style: 25mm f1.8|Change

on January 6, 2015
This lens is one of the best deals in mirrorless photography! I own the 25mm, 45mm and 75mm olympus lenses as well as the 14mm panasonic and after a few months I can say the 25mm is my go to lens. Even with the other lenses I own I find I use the 25mm a lot for doing portraits as it is so sharp wide open it's not funny! This lens also handles flaring so well that I have almost found it impossible to make it flare! It is an all around lens that though it's not as wide as say the 17mm, it is so useful for everyday photography and again, I can't say enough about how sharp it is on my EM1. Recommended 100%
22 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Great 50mm equivalent. I have 2 EP-5's and this a great all around lenses especially for a light lens. Having the f1.8 is a big plus for low-light settings. There is distortion that is easily corrected with software and it is fairly sharp.
on December 30, 2015
This lens is small, light, and focuses fast and silently. In years past this type of lens would be the standard lens when you purchased a 35mm lens. I got this lens for 250 used but I have seen it for under $200 from time to time.

Paired with my OMD5.2, this lens and camera combination is certainly infringing on compact camera territory, the total weight being about 600grams.

This 25mm should give you the ability to take pictures of almost everything and everyone you encounter. If you need sports shooting, or other situations that require reach, then the 40-150 zoom can get you there for $100. With those two lenses you cover almost all situations.
on January 22, 2016
I give 4.5 stars. Prime lens difference over kit lens is instant, clarity, coloring, and sharpness if needed. I'm using it on the G7 for video so I'm not much of a photo person. So I've been comparing stills from both in 4k and 1080, and the difference is noticeably better. It does fit a bit tight, but nothing I'd say is an issue, no dust is getting in from that seal at least. While I do not like auto focus while rolling video, when I've used it, there is a slight motor clicking sound you can hear, but this is real subtle, and its not anything I would not expect from this category lens. Its a really good lens, would I buy again if needed, yes.
on March 17, 2017
The nifty fifty for mft. Sometimes i get Chromatic aberration. Easily fixed in any serious editing program but still a pain. Otherwise excellent.
on March 29, 2016
25mm is a great all-around focal length. I was worried it would be too zoomed in for an all-around lens, but it's perfect for any occasion. I was debating between this and the 20mm and I'm glad I got this one. Great pictures so far. I like the manual focus option-- feels smooth and comfortable. Photography is fun again!
on April 30, 2016
This is the first lens I should have bought with my camera. I'll be snapping mundane stuff that just turns out amazing. The depth of field adds a lot to even the simplest photos. This is also a great low light performer. I try to avoid flashes whenever possible and this captures enough light to take clear, hand held shots even in poorly lit homes like my own.

Using a prime is a little odd if you're not used to zooming with your body and can be limiting in public places where you might not have access to get the shot you want. On the flip side this can also make primes more fun and rewarding and is a good way to not get too reliant on zoom.

I use this on Panasonic bodies and have not had any issues yet.
on August 25, 2015
- I find it to take sharp pictures.
- It's relatively small size is nice when you want to be discrete. Like when you're shooting on the street, farmers market, or a fair.
- The bokeh is plesant and soft.
- It comes with a lens hood.
- No complaints about this lens have come up for me.
review image
on February 28, 2015
Excellent general purpose lens. Between the in-body image stabilization in my OM-D and the f/1.8 aperture here, I'm doing low light nearly as well as my Canon 6D and the typical f/4 zoom. But way more portably -- you don't feel like leaving your m43 system home at times you would leave the DSLR. One example, shot with this lens, attached.
on August 7, 2015
Sharp, quality prime with that natural 50mm length I miss from the old days of film. This is perhaps the must have prime for only m4/3 owners. Though I can't think why I'd give up my 12mm, 60mm macro, or 45 mm... All are well made, and gorgeous glass to use with beautiful rendering of image, but there something about a nifty fifty... ( yes, it's a 25mm, but on a micro 4/3 it translates in equivalence)