Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olympus CSCH-108 Silicone Jacket for TG-1 and TG-2 Camera (Clear)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 15, 2013
We buy a silicone "skin" for all our underwater cameras. Using this, plus the flotation wrist strap when snorkeling, swimming, sea kayaking, or diving (within camera's limits) is a perfect combo. This skin helps maintain a grip on the camera when your hands have been underwater for hours. You do need to know your camera's controls and locations, as this is NOT see-through. And don't forget to remove it, rinse it and also clean your camera per manufacturer's directions after any "watersports" use. The minerals in even fresh water, can damage the cosmetics of your camera if not cleaned off. Our older camera got pitting in the metal, because someone put it away "as is" after a Cancun trip.
on June 22, 2013
This is a very nice case, and I would definitely recommend one to add a little protection to a camera that by it's very nature will be abused. The fit is nice, as you'd expect for an OEM product however I really fail to see why there are cut outs for the two access doors (battery compartment and charging door).

You wouldn't want to leave the camera in this case permanently as it holds moisture and grit against the camera body, causing more damage than you'd prevent by having it in the case in the first place, thus it'll be removed frequently (or in my case only put on when I'm going to get it wet, or take it somewhere rough). So the two cut outs just make it more likely that you'll knock, damage, or introduce foreign matter into the door areas.

It looses a star for this rather serious weakness (which I hope Olympus will address in a future model), but I'd still recommend one.
on September 22, 2013
I can agree with some previous reviewers' comments regarding the fact that it has too many openings. After having some experience with this jacket, it would be nice to not have accessibility to the bottom and slide doors. Covering them up would give me some additional piece-of-mind of them not opening under hazardous conditions (even though they have 2 locking mechanisms already...). But other than that, it's a good jacket, and worth the purchase for the price.

Also, don't forget to let it air dry off the camera after getting it wet!
on July 26, 2013
This works well in providing a bit of extra protection from impact and a lot of extra protection from scratches, but the skin must be removed each time the camera has been exposed to moisture to allow for proper drying and then reinstalled again. The skin also makes mounting the camera to a tripod a challenge, which just means another reason to have to remove it again.
on October 6, 2012
a good alternative or addition to a case for the Olympus TG-1. This silicon jacket may help the camera be a little more rugged and a little softer and easier to hold, less likely to drop.

The jacket i received is an official product from Olympus and it fits perfect.

The design of it could be better if it somehow covered the most fragile part of the cameras body, the access doors for the charger and battery/memory.

If you have a TG-1 and want to protect it this is a perfect addition to your camera setup.
review image
on October 11, 2013
I know the TG-2 is a tough camera in that it can go underwater and deal with extremes in temperatures and dropping etc but I still want it to look nice and not get all scratched up! With this jacket I can lay the camera down and not worry about small scratches and dings. Works great!
on October 6, 2013
Does what it is intended for and easy to put on the camera. easy to use function through the silicone. This was my husband's purchase. I think it is a waste since we personally are not hard on our possessions, however that does not change the fact that it does what it is intended o do.
on January 29, 2014
I'm the type of people who likes to keep all of my electronics looking pristine like the day I bought them. That figures to be a little tough for a camera that is meant to battle the elements like the Olympus TG-1 or TG-2. After buying my new camera, I slipped the cover on and tested is out snorkeling and climbing waterfalls. The camera was knocked around quite a bit and bounced off a few rocks but there wasn't a scratch to be found on the body. The case fits like a glove and after taking it on a few time to rinse the camera, it has yet to show any signs of stretching. You can also access the memory card and power slot easily with the cover on.
on February 18, 2014
My favorite thing about this silicone jacket is its "stickiness." I am a fisherman so use this camera on a boat. Being able to set this on the fiberglass console and not worry about it sliding around is fantastic.
on October 23, 2012
The fit is perfect, the color is as pictured (not great in my opinion but not bad either). It'll definitely prevent scratches and help make your camera a bit tougher. The package arrived about 10 days before the earliest delivery estimate range - straight from Hong Kong with a signature required from USPS. I'm very pleased!