Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on February 20, 2011
This is a nice, well made camera bag. I like the belt loop &/or shoulder strap option and the extra pockets. However, it's a tight fit with the 14-42mm lens attached to the camera. In fact, I had to remove the circular polarizer from the end of the lens in order to get the camera in the bag. That's inconvenient because I normally keep at least one filter on the lens all the time. It seems like Olympus could have added an extra 1/4 inch to the thickness of the bag without much trouble. The front pocket would also be better placed on the flap rather than on the front surface of the bag. It's meant to hold an extra battery, or something of that size, but if you put anything in that pocket it makes the main compartment even tighter.
I wouldn't recommend this bag if you're planning to carry the Pen around with anything other than the flat pancake lens - it's simply too tight.
55 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
After reading the comments, I knew this would be a tight fit for an E-PL5 w/ 14-42 lens. Also, I think the newer 14-42 lens may be a little longer than the original one.

Anyway, with a bit of trepidation (but not too much, given the low cost of the item), ordered it.

Yes, I can scrunch the camera, lens (with UV filter!) into bag. The trick, as another reviewer said, is to put the camera in with the lens side on the "up" side. And, with a little scrunching, and having the camera sit at an angle, it works. The camera in this configuration doesn't even reach to the bottom of the bag, leaving a little basement area where I store the small accessory flash.

Some may not like this tightness... but, for me, I wanted a minimal size case, and so I personally like it.

Regarding the case itself, I think for a ~$7 case it's very nice. Especially like that it has both a zippered closure for when you want better protection, and a quick-release flap, which can be used independently. Also option of neck strap vs belt, and a front compartment big enough for an extra battery.

Is it tight? YES! But if you're willing to accept that and want "small" it is workable.
This case is perfect for holding an Olympus Pen E-P* camera (the hang tag says "Designed exclusively for the Olympus PEN E-PL series camera"), with a lens and filter, an extra battery, an extra filter, and nothing else. It has a belt loop and comes with a carrying strap. It's nicely padded, but not against abuse. And it has both a zip and snap closure to keep everything secure.

This case makes it possible to really enjoy street photography with the E-P* series. It fits the E-P1 with the 14-42 kit lens with protector filter just fine. As others suggested, insert the camera long end first and let the camera strap hang out through the lid. Attach this case to your belt and enjoy a photo walk!

Five stars because it is a well designed, well made case, truly useful case just perfect for its intended use.
on April 30, 2015
At five bucks his is an unbelievable deal--the low price of this case completely betrays its high quality. Case is very well constructed, made of a cordura type nylon with a rip-stop appearance. There is a belt loop sewn securely on the back as well as a detachable shoulder strap. The case loads from the top, zips closed, and also has a flap that buckles down over the front. When I am removing the camera frequently I use the buckle alone, which is a little quicker and secure enough. There is an exterior storage pouch for extra batteries/cards. Padding is thick and sides are fairly stiff, though not hard. Olympus XZ-2 or EP-2 with pancake lens will fit inside, but if neck strap is attached to the camera, it becomes a tight fit. I wasted a lot of time looking for a case for these cameras; if you have one of a similar size, you can stop looking now and save yourself some time.
Edit, 5-5-15: This purchase was from 17th Street Photo via Amazon Marketplace and had free shipping. Amazon is selling the same item but is now requiring a minimum order of $25 for Prime members (what ever happened to the "free shipping with no minimum order" that is STILL being promised on the Prime page?) and $35 for non-members. It appears 17th Street is no longer selling this item, so there isn't a true free shipping option, (Amazon will not sell it at all without the minimum order) which dulls the deal considerably. Yay, 17th Street and Boo Amazon!
on November 23, 2012
It is very compact, which is why I like it.

I bought two of these bags - one for office, and one for myself, and I am using them for both EPL-1 and EPL-2 cameras.

To people who claim that this bag is very tight for their PEN cameras: since lens is positioned closer to one end of the camera, make sure that that end is always closer to the lid, and you will never again say that the camera bag is tight!
on October 1, 2014
I saw this OEM canvas case and was put off by some of the reviews that claimed it was a tight fit for the E-PL series cameras. Hours were spent searching for the smallest possible, yet reasonably protective case, and those hours were WASTED. This is perfect for the E-PL1; the camera fits in the case wonderfully with the 14-42mm kit lens attached, and I also keep an additional filter in the mesh pocket above the camera. The case closes with no special effort, and the camera does not have to be forced in. As others have mentioned, the body is asymmetrical, and you need only put the camera into the case in the correct direction (there are only TWO options!).

For me, at least, this is the perfect case. If you're looking for the smallest possible high-quality case for your Olympus Pen, don't waste any more of your time; this is what you want. Oh yeah, and it's CHEAP (I paid about US $7).
on August 11, 2013
First off, not sure who can't fit an E-PL1 in this bag it easily fits with the Zuiko 14-42mm lens... Yes it just barely fits with the lens cover touching the front of the bag but it is just snug and that is a GOOD thing so the camera doesn't move around. In this bag I currently have the camera with lens cover, the strap and 2 spare batteries in the front compartment. Everything fits great and has kept the camera looking pristine.
on May 24, 2015
I use this case with my EPL-3 and 14mm pancake lens. It fits fine. I often put a metal lens hood onto my 14mm lens, which a little more than doubles the length of the lens, and it gives a very snug fit. I can't say if this works well with any other lenses, but I paid $6 for this bag and it is doing its job.

It has two more zippered pockets. One mesh pocket on the inner-ceiling of the flap, and another on the front of the bag just above the buckle. I keep an extra memory card in the flap, and an extra quick release plate in the front pouch. I would imagine it'd be good for an extra battery too.
on February 18, 2015
This bag is the perfect size for my Olympus E-PL2 with the standard kit lens. There is also a small pouch on the front which is big enough for a spare battery or a couple of SD cards. The bag is just barely big enough for the camera and lens though and there is no room for other accesories or a larger lens; even a UV filter on the kit lens would make for a very tight fit. I wanted a compact case and I can't use a UV filter because it makes the lens too long to use in my underwater housing so this case is exactly what I was looking for, but others may want to find something a little bigger.
on January 23, 2013
I recently picked up an Olympus PEN PL1 and the Lumix 20mm pancake lens, and was looking for a small case to store it in. I had read about this one being a tight fit for the kit lens, but I hoped the pancake would be able to fit, even with a UV filter and lens cap on it (it does). It also can double as a lens case if I want to carry the camera on a strap, and swap out lenses on the go.

Even though it is inexpensive ($8, with free shipping), it appears to be well made, comes with a strap, and has a main section that can be both zipped closed as well as covered with the flap.

I'm deducting one star because of the limit in the case's versitility with lenses. I agree with others that the case could have been made a tiny bit larger so it could accomodate the camera with the kit lens on it. Other than that it is a fantastic case, and I plan on purchasing another. Cheers!