Olympus SZ-10 14 MP Digital Camera with 28mm Wide-Angle 18x Optical Zoom and 3" LCD (Silver) (Old Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 14 megapixels (effective), 1/2.3 inch image sensor; 18x wide-angle optical zoom plus 5x digital zoom
- 3.0 inch LCD monitor; CCD Contrast Detection; One touch 720p HD movie and HDMI control
- 3D photo technology; Magic Filter still and movie; In-camera Panorama
- Dual image stabilization; TruePic III+ image processor; Intelligent Auto; AF Tracking; Face Detection; Beauty Mode
- USB 2.0 High-Speed; HDMI Type D; SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible (card not included); Wi-Fi compatibility (with optional Eye-Fi card)
- 14 MP Camera
- Super-Slim 28mm Wide-Angle Zoom
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Average Life||220 Photos|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||0.89 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||460,000|
|Display Size||0.12 inches|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||59|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||TTL iESP with contrast detection|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, High Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.64 x 1.5 x 4.17 inches|
|Item Display Weight||8.19 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.47 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.996 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.355 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||1 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||limited 1 year parts and labor, excludes damages due to impact, sand and liquid. A copy of the sales receipt is required for warranty repair|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.1 - F4.4|
|Maximum Focal Length||504 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,288|
|Metering||Multi, Spot AF-area|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||4 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Processor Description||TruePic III+|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-ion rechargeable LI-50B battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30, 15fps), 640 x 480 (30, 15 fps), 320 x 240 (30, 15fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
Here are some features that I am especially happy with:
* The 18x optical zoom. This will be great for outdoor shots of wildlife. At 18x, I can get by without a tripod, but if I turn on digital zoom on top of that I will definitely need a stable platform.
* Panorama mode. This is nicely done. In the past, I have used computer software to stitch images together. The SZ-10 does that for you for 2 or 3 shots and it works great. It will take more shots, but stitching then has to be done on a computer.
* I love the flash. It's out of sight unless you want it. Flip the flash up, set the flash mode that you normally use then snap it closed again. When you want to use the flash, pop it up and the mode you set will be remembered. While closed, the flash is automatically set to OFF. When open, the mode is easily changed if you have to.
* Super Macro mode is great for close-ups
* I'm having fun with Burst Mode, especially after I set the sound effects to chirp after each shot.
* The on-screen Help is a nice reminder of what major functions do. It is not a complete user guide, however. For the obscure functions that I will use only seldom, I copied/pasted portions of the PDF user guide onto a single page that I keep with the camera.Read more ›
Pictures looked good (especially with the nice LCD) but the image stabilization was hit or miss when using the zoom. The Magic Filters worked well but, in the end, I didn't see myself using them much in the future. The deal breaker for me was that video mode did not allow zoom (SZ-30 does). Don't get me wrong, the videos were clear and sound was great (720p is really good enough for me). I'm looking for a camera that takes good quality pictures AND takes decent videos with things that should come standard (i.e. zooming in video mode).
Also, it seemed that the whole camera was heating up (more than normal I guess). User Interface was not very user friendly with the lack of a dedicated, physical mode dial. It took quite a bit of time when focusing on objects near or far (approx 3 - 5 seconds).
Overall, good picture quality without zoom, and sometimes WITH zoom. The lacking areas as mentioned above were enough for me to decide that I did not want to keep this camera.
Hope this helps!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Purchased this as a gift for my mom. It works really well and takes great pictures.Published 3 months ago by Keisha B.
Does not take great photos, and it's very bulky. Doesn't fit in your pocket. Wound up replacing it with a Sony.Published 19 months ago by Paula S. Weaver
Probably me & not the camera; I do not adjust to change real well & this camera has a lot for me to change.. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Roger Shores