Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 166 reviews
on February 1, 2013
I am a photography amateur enthusiast. My other cameras are a Nikon D5100 and a D600 DSLRs with a range of lenses (prime and zooms). I've started shooting film back in early 90s on an old Nikon SLR.

I also own a tiny pocket Canon ELPH HS300 point and shoot, which I wasn't really happy with. The pictures were rarely better than what I can take with my iPhone, at which point as small as the camera is, it's too big.

I wanted something compact that could still take the breathtaking pictures my DSLR is capable of, and I spent a long time researching the best option. The main contenders were mirrorless cameras with largish sensors (for the form factor).

Against a Fujifilm x100: I have to say Fujifilm's x100 (and the upcoming x100s) is a beautiful camera, I really like the retro look of it. It also features a great APS-C sized sensor on it, which makes for a great picture quality. The problem with this camera is the sluggish auto focus, which for a compact "walk around" camera is especially problematic (apparently the upcoming x100s is supposed to improve on this). It was also little pricey for what I wanted to spend.

Sony RX100: Is a great little camera, which can take great photos. But I wanted something with a little bigger sensor and interchangeable lenses. You see I want to be able to invest the bulk of my money into lenses as no doubt the camera bodies become somewhat outdated every 2-4 years.

And then I gave the Micro Four Thirds cameras a consideration. See the Micro Four Thirds is an open standard Olympus and Panasonic have created, where you can freely use all m4/3 lenses on any camera body. More companies are joining this alliance each month. As a result m4/3 cameras have the biggest selection of lenses of any mirorless camera competitor.

It's exactly what this industry has needed for a long time. For companies to put an open standard together. No more vendor lock in and price gauging on lenses. Also you can be sure there will be long term support for this system as there appears to be quite a surge in popularity. More and more wedding photographers for instance are switching to this system, because of the ergonomics offered by much smaller and lighter gear required for all day shooting, as well as the selection of some really outstanding lenses for a decent price.

Just on this alone, the choice for me was clear. All I had to do now is pick a micro four thirds camera.

I've never used an Olympus camera before, but I've met photographers who have praised these cameras in the past. I read some reviews and researched the specs. I wanted compactness, and no need for a swivel screen.

This narrowed the choice for me down to an E-PM2:

- It uses the same sensor as the top of the line OM-D so technically capable of capturing the same quality images.
- It is small and light.

I really wasn't into the design of the camera, at first look I thought it was quite ugly, a more retro look would have been better, but that's just my taste. I have to say the look of the camera is growing on me though.

I elected not to get the kit lens, and I went with the 20/1.7 LUMIX "pancake": Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Pancake Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras lens (immediately taking advantage of the open standard!)

So my first impressions after using this camera for a week (sorry for the long intro):

Wow! In fact I am so impressed that I am actually thinking about selling my DSLR gear completely. I was little concerned that maybe I wouldn't like the native 4:3 aspect over the 3:2, but it turns out 4:3 is actually much more suited for portraits. In portrait mode it gives you more flexibility. Where it might lack is certain landscapes, but those can often be cropped to 3:2 without much loss in quality. I can't tell a difference in picture quality between this camera and my DSLR.

Pros:

- Autofocus. The speed at which this camera can auto focus and snap a photo is astounding. Way faster than my DSLR. In fact I thought the tap the screen to take a photo was a gimmick, but with such a fast AF, I find I am snapping twice as many photos than I normally do, and they are all in perfect focus. I was totally cough by surprise with how good snapping pictures feels with this camera, because of its responsiveness. There is a certain quality tactile feeling you get when you snap photos almost at the same time you touch the screen. A feature I didn't think I was going to use became my new favorite way of taking pictures. What's also great about it, if you're doing street photography, you don't even look like you're taking a photo. So your subjects are not distracted by it.

- Image quality. I shoot raw. And I find photos have good dynamic range, which lets me do a lot with them when I post process in Lightroom. And I find even in low light I can take photos comparable to what I take with my DSLR.

- Size. The camera is small and easy to cary, it fits in a jacket pocket, or a small bag. I can also now put it in my laptop case, and bring it to work with me.

- Great UI As someone new to Olympus cameras, this was a concern. But I felt right at home with the user interface only after a few days of using the camera. I assigned the 'fn' key to my ISO settings, I shoot in Aperture Priority mode. Obviously this camera has much less dedicated buttons than the top of the line cameras, but I find E-PM2's buttons are sufficient for Aperture Priority style of shooting I do.

- m4/3 availability of great lenses, with more 3rd parties announcing new products each month, it's truly exciting. Even things like pro cinema Black Magic camera coming out this year will feature an m4/3 mount. The adapters can be purchased for all sorts of lenses. In fact you can get a $31 C adapter and a CCTV lens RainbowImaging 35MM F1.7 TV Movie Lens + Lens Adapter for MFT M4/3 camera, fits Panasonic G1 G2 G3 G10 GF1 GF2 GF3 GH2 GH1 GH2, Olympus E-P1 E-P2 E-P3 E-PL1 E-PL2 which can let you create some very interesting effects/pictures. I've used my Nikon lenses on this camera and it works great. But the lack of focus peeking feature Sony cameras offer hinders this advantage somewhat.

Cons:

- None. Really, when it comes to price and what you get for it, I can't think of a single negative to say about this camera.

Would like to see improved:

- Manual focus. I haven't yet found the best way to take photos with adapted manual lenses. I have re-assigned my Rec button to let me zoom in. But its not ideal. Though this really can't be counted against the camera of this price, it would still be nice if it offered something like 'focus peaking' Sony cameras have. I think there is a way to use one of the Art filters to help with focus but its not ideal.

- It's not a pretty camera. This might be just me. But would love a more retro (rangefinder look) at this price range. Like the OM-D without the rangefinder bulge would be beautiful. I went with the silver version. I would have liked the white version better if it didn't have the weird colored tan grip pad.

Conclusion:

One of the best buys in the category. You are not only buying a great camera but investing into a great system with great lens selection. You are also supporting an open standard in an industry dominated by proprietary lock-ins and price gauging.

Edit July 3 2014: I have purchased this camera at the introductory price $500 and it was a great deal then. At the current price, this camera is a no brainer. There is simply nothing on the market that can compete with this value.
review image
2727 comments| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
BACKGROUND:
I have been shooting for 12 years, with some paid jobs and extensive photos, in the field of low-light action (opera/theater shoots), as well as landscape, astrophotography, portraiture, and off-the-cuff every-day shooting. I also did portrait sessions, pre-wedding glamour shots, and wedding reception photography. I've owned many cameras, starting out with the Kodak CX7300 that my dad got me for Christmas when I was 12 years old, then getting a Canon Digital Rebel XT courtesy of my uncle who used to be a Canon regional sales rep, and eventually buying 10-22mm, 50mm f/1.4, 24mm f/1.4L, 70-300 4-5.6 IS, 22-55mm (older slightly unconventional kit lens), and 100mm f/2.8 macro. These were all highly enjoyable lenses and cameras and I did a great amount of shooting. I was greatly invested in the system. I worked all summer when I was 16 to save up for a 5D since I craved the look of 35mm film that I got in darkroom class in high school. I sold off my XT and ended up with a 5D, 50/1.4, 24/1.4L, and 70-300. This gave me great results but in 2013, I was starting to feel like the 5D was dated. The lenses were awesome but I had to do a lot of editing to get my pictures the way I liked them to look--i.e. editing out vignetting, chromatic aberration in the 24mm (mk I), and taking out noise. The 5D felt great in my huge hands but the LCD had inaccurate colors, I had to attach a large speedlite for flash, and I just stopped bringing it with me to shoot because of its heft. I wanted something smaller and up-to-date.

Due to a lack of justification to hold on to a system I was barely using anymore, and a day job that wasn't in photography, I sold all my Canon gear and in 2014 bought a Fuji X100. WOW... This camera was an interesting beast. The quality is the closest I've seen to film in any camera. The JPEGs really are that good. The sharpness was great and natural looking, the noise was well controlled and pleasant if there at all. The dynamic range with the DR400 setting was so convenient and amazing! I couldn't believe some of the shots I could get, especially landscapes. Ultimately, however, I ended up selling this camera because of two huge problems... the general lack of responsiveness and the inability to change lenses. I knew that it would be limiting to only have 35mm equiv lens, but I really did miss shooting with a 50mm or a 70-300 and blurring out the world. Also, even with the latest firmware, the focus was very unreliable even in *decent* light and to turn on the camera, focus, and get the shot, was sometimes impossible due to the delays. I missed a decent amount of shots because of it. And I realized that the great image quality of a camera is wasted if you can't get a hold of a shot.

So, here comes the EPM2 (finally!)

Just a few days ago, I received my EPM2. I decided on the camera for a couple reasons... the very small size and lightweight quality of the camera, the great selection of (just as small) lenses, the reported quick, reliable auto-focus and responsiveness, and the quality-to-size ratio compared to other small cameras. In general I do *not* take DXO Mark sensor scores seriously. I think they are a useful tool to look at dynamic range, however. And the EPM2 was rated over 12 EV which is typically excellent. My idea was that this, along with the small size, different selection of gradation modes, and quick start up and autofocus times, I would have more luck with this camera.

Since I've only had the camera for literally 3 days, this is obviously an early-on review. I'm still getting used to the layout and the system in general. Right away, I noticed HOW SMALL the thing is. Very small and light, but still solid, and a very attractive white body with tan grip. Very cute. I have large hands (I'm 6'1, lanky, VERY large hands) and the grip isn't as bad as I expected based on the dimensions of the body. The grip material is nice and ever so slightly pliable, so that one's fingers can push in and feel secure with it. The tan grip on the back of the camera is also well textured and well placed, so fortunately, I haven't felt insecure holding the camera.

I did some research prior to my purchase and knew that there were menus to "unlock," so right away I unlocked it and started setting up custom button options, sharpness, saturation, etc. I found that the default setting for the images was a little too sharp. I set my sharpness to -1 and I like the sharpness much better. The colors SOOC are pleasing, if a tad bit warm. I actually do like that and left the White balance mode in "warm" but we'll see if I grow sick of it. I also kept gradation mode on auto since it seems to make the right choice depending upon the scene.

With the 14-42 lens (which has an ever-so-touchable zoom ring) I have attained many keepers already! Shooting my coworker's dog on a lunch break the other day proved very fun and I got lots of in-focus pictures of the dog at 8fps! EIGHT FPS THAT IS SO FAST!!! I remember when the Canon 1D Mark III came out and 10fps seemed ungodly fast! I had a few out-of-focus shots but it was totally my fault. I'll get there. Of course, with the kit lens, or any other kit lens, the f/3.5-5.6 aperture is limiting. Certainly trying to get pictures of my cat with only one paper lantern lit was a little challenging...though the camera did great with AF, though it did need to use the AF assist orange lamp.

The in-body IS seems to help but I honestly feel like optical IS seems more effective, at least when I used IS on my old Canon 70-300 or my dad's 17-55 2.8 IS. I have been able to get sharp images down to 1/15th of a second shooting at 42mm. I'll keep observing though and see how it works at slower speeds.

Other things I've noticed... It just really is quite fast. Unless I haven't unlocked the lens, if I see something I want to capture, I've been able to capture it. Like my cat yawning, which I could never capture with the X100... just couldn't get the timing right. And that's what I've learned about my needs as a photographer...Timing is everything in photography, especially if the moment is fleeting. I could have the highest quality medium format digital sensor but if it takes 3 seconds to start up and mis-focuses, I have NO quality. But with the EPM2, I feel like I'm getting maybe not AS high of quality as the X100 but it makes up for it by actually HAVING the image, rather than having a smooth, noise free out-of-focus shot.

Overall, I love the camera for its portability, wide range of native mount lenses, Panasonic, and 3rd party lenses. I can't wait to save and get a fast prime like I'm used to on the Fuji or Canon. The one thing I have noticed is that while sharpness is definitely comparable to the X100, I have noticed more chromatic noise starting around ISO 800. While this is easy to take out in post, the X100 corrected for this automatically. Please feel free to comment on my review to recommend an in-camera fix for this, but so far, I haven't found one. Besides this, I am highly impressed with the images and feel that the dynamic range, color, and overall look is of great quality. I also LOVE having a double exposure mode, but HATE digging through the menus every time to set it. I have everything set up so that I only have to press a button to do my most frequently fiddled-with settings, but I can't seem to figure out a way to program or get a shortcut for the multiple exposure mode. Feel free to comment if any of you know a solution to this as well.

I would highly recommend the camera, though I will say I do miss having an EVF. Surprisingly, though, the LCD, while not as high-res as other current cameras, is very usable and I haven't minded shooting with it. Of course, down the road, I can get the add-on EVF if I want to. And that's a large reason why I picked this... it's a system, and when I get more money or I feel like I've grown out of it, I can upgrade and keep other parts of the system!! Great camera for just about any photographer! Can't wait to find out what it's really capable of, especially at night!! Thanks for reading!
review image review image
Everyone has covered the details already, but I happened to get a good deal on one of these, got it and took some test shots, and wanted to chime in and say this is a very nice little camera. The image quality is superb. Up there with the best in this segment. The Oly colors are wonderful as always and there's plenty of dynamic range and detail in the images with good noise control. Olympus has a great JPEG engine and this camera is no exception, JPEG images right out of the camera look great. (There is also in camera editing and tweaking if you need it.)

This body is sleek, light, and handles well. I put a compact 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II R on it for my first tests and it makes a very nice handling package. I'm going to try some of my pancake primes as well, which will be even more compact, but I was quite happy with this compact kit zoom lens on this body.

You are missing some controls, but you can work around that. The controls and menus are easy to use and you can do most everything you want. Focus is quick. So far, it has been a fun camera to work with and I think I am going to enjoy it very much. I like using different cameras (gets my creative juices flowing) and I can already see that this is going to be a favorite. Image quality and handling are the two main things for me and this camera has both.

Update: There is a lot more control at hand here than is first apparent. Although the menus are not intuitive, if you spend some time you will find you can control just about everything. And you can enable the Super Control Panel mode which will give you almost total control on the screen as well as customizing nearly all of the various buttons for direct control of things like EV, ISO, Manual Focus mode, and so on. I do not miss my dual dials much at all now that have customized and tweaked this camera to my liking. And the handling continues to be a strong point. I find that this camera is a lot of fun to carry and shoot with, giving DSLR image quality in a very small, sleek package.

I have an Oly VF-4 Viewfinder and it works very well with this camera. Just make sure you have v1.2 firmware installed (most do by now). The VF-4 makes manual focusing a breeze and is very bright, sharp, and crisp. An excellent add-on viewfinder with high resolution, good diopter adjustment and a lock. It's not cheap, though. (Olympus VF-4 ViewFinder (Black))

It has some fairly sophisticated features and can give you nearly all of the info and feedback you'd ever want (histograms, highlight and shadow blocking, etc.).. I'm really enjoying this camera,

2017-05-06 Update: I'm still enjoying this fine camera. Great sensor and has held up well. Great images and that's what counts!
on July 21, 2013
I have upgraded from EPL1 to EPM2 for my new born. So far, I'm very satisfied. It is surprising that not much review on this camera compare other similar camera (ie. EPL5, Sony NEX3F, Panasonic G1x). In my opinion, people have overlooked this little gem.

What I like E-PM2 so far:
Great low light capability: Good quality picture with ISO1600 and up to ISO3200 is acceptable.
Fast AF: I main use it with the panny 14mm F2.5 lens. The AF is fast for in-door and kids movement.
Great WB: the auto white balance is great for both in-door and out-door. The Jpeg direct output is great.
Light weight and easy to grip. My wife used to complain about the EPL1 weight (don't ask me why). With EPM2, she didn't complain any more. The EPM2 with the panny 14mm lens is a good combo for the weight, size as well as fast AF as mentioned on above. However, when I attach it with my Olympus 14-140mm lens, the overall weight balance and feel is still very good.
Low cost: Compare to E-PL5 and E-M5 which has the same sensor.

Comments:
Good user control interface and fast respond: In the beginning, I was hesitating it doesn't have the mode dial. However, the touch screen is easy to use. I didn't miss the mode dial. Of course, make sure the SCP (super control panel) is on as well as others Olympus camera. Also, the respond is fast and smooth.
The body is made in high-quality plastic. I would prefer metal but it is not a big deal at all.

What I like for improvement:
There are no built-in flash light. Even though it provides the attached flash, it is just more handy and complete if it comes with the built-in one.
E-PM2 has the HDR and panorama feature. However, it doesn't process in the camera. Since the new camera processor is pretty fast, it should have no problem for in-camera process but they just didn't program it.
I just picked up a used e-pm2 body only for an incredible price. I have been using an e-pm1 with the two zooms as a second camera system for some time. My main system is an APS-C DSLR with a fairly extensive zooms (total 7 including 3 @f/2.8) and fixed FL lenses (total 11, 8 with aperture >f/2.8). The e-pm1 has been nice for the size and acceptable under good light but resolution is definitely lacking, especially compared to the DSLR.

I heard of the pm2 is a huge improvement over the pm1 but there was no reason for me to upgrade. A recent business trip "forced" me to reconsider. There was no way I would bring my DLSR to this place which, btw, is full of photo opportunities. I knew the pm1 would not quite cut it. So I bought this pm2. I did some comparison between pm1 and pm2 to determine for myself that the upgrade was worthwhile and it was immediately obvious.

Moving on to comparing the pm2 to my main system. There was still no comparison, the DSLR is still better but by a much smaller margin. The kit zoom is not as good but certainly can produce very pleasing, decent results. Subject/background isolation control is not as easy as DSLR. A better fixed FL lens should alleviate this problem. Overall, I feel quite comfortable with the IQ of this camera.

Dynamic range and high ISO performance are substantially better than pm1 and decent compared to DSLR. I need to be more careful under challenging light conditions. This is the only area where I have some real concern compared to using DSLR. Still not a deal breaker.

Usability is something else. I don't like the ergonomics. It is too small for my hand. Even with the extra grip in the front, it is still too small. The built-in IBIS is not very useful. It is slightly better than pm1 but not by much. I have no trouble with camera controls and aperture priority is my standard exposure mode. Could it be better like my DSLR? Yes, but it is not a deal breaker and I can live with it.

AF is speedy most of the time. However, tracking is rather poor. I have yet developed an acceptable technique to track moving objects. However, shooting moving object is only something I do occasionally.

Another area for improvement is the filing system. Similar to pm1, images are not put into sub-folder, making it harder to keep track of images.

I can travel with this compact pm2 and two kit zooms very easy. Best of all, I don't feel bad if something should happen to this compact system.
on June 21, 2014
I have a bad neck and can't handle a big camera with heavy lenses even though I really have gotten fed up with compact cameras that use the same tiny sized light sensor chip that just doesn't have the sharpness. Whether they have 20 megapixels or 10, they all are limited by the size of the chip. The traditional big name companies use a slightly bigger sensor but still use heavy lenses based on 35mm film sized sensors which weigh approx. 4 times what the lenses for this camera do. The micro four thirds standard makes for a great compromise. Good enough for a wedding photographer but definitely not for a billboard. I also have small hands so a small camera with a touchscreen is quite usable for me. If you have big hands you may want a different model though the micro four thirds format would still be good.

The package comes with 2 zoom lenses and a flash. They are the 35mm equivalent of a 28mm - 84mm which is great for landscapes, group photos and portraits, and the second lens is the equivalent of 80mm - 300mm which is a significant telephoto range. This lens alone in the size that you would need for a 35mm sensor size would weigh more than my entire package and would cost more than the package.

One of the standard complaints these days is the lack of a viewfinder. Well I have since bought an add-on viewfinder, which while somewhat pricey is not extreme and quite light. Unfortunately you can't use the viewfinder and the flash at the same time. But when you need the flash is when the built-in screen is most usable.

Something I have discovered is that while reviewers say that the camera does not have built-in hdr. That is incorrect. It does have it but it is not automatic. You set the camera to take 3 or more bracketed pictures (which it does so quickly that movement is practically non-existent) and then as part of the picture review process you can select pictures to combine and you can select how heavily weighted towards each image the resultant new image will be. Quick and can be better than photoshop.

One thing I do wish it had is built-in wifi. While it will use a wifi enabled sd memory card, that does not enable remote control of the camera, just easy transfer to a smartphone, laptop or wifi enabled desktop to then post on facebook or youtube.

Is this camera perfect? Of course not. But it meets my needs really well without being exorbitant. Now I have to save up for some high end lenses.
on August 18, 2014
IF YOU ARE SWITCHING FROM POINT AND SHOOT READ ON! Made the switch from the point and shoot camp and let me state up front I am VERY pleased. My concerns were three-fold: ease of use, quality of pictures, and cost. This package seemed like a safe bet. The results? Ease of use - couldn't be simpler. If you want to let the camera do the job out of the box you will get great results. As you 'familiarize' yourself with the menu and options, you will discover this little guy has a lot of depth. Quality of pictures - nothing short of amazing. We have a large garden full of plants which attract Praying Mantis, Bees, Butterflies and Humming Birds. The pictures are terrific - vibrant, sharp, tremendous detail. The kit came with two lenses, and the larger lens provides zoom results as if it were a 300MM lens. Again, terrific value and excellent results. Cost - for a little over $300.00 including tax I received the Olympus E-PM2 16MP camera body, two lenses, flash, cables, dvd, and strap. Wow.

UPDATE: It's been nearly two months and have taken 1000+ photos. The portability and convenience of this system is crazy terrific. I purchased a few items I would recommend - a fast memory card (class 10) which can be found for less than 30 dollars on line (get the fastest you can afford), a camera case (There are old fashioned style cases such as the PU Leather Camera Cover Case for less than 20 dollars that look awesome and provide quick and easy access of the camera. A small table top tripod (VANGUARD VS-82) and shutter control (NEWEER RM-UC1) for those times when you are doing macro or long distance zoom pics---both of which I obtained for less than 35 dollars and finally the MEIKE Automatic Extension Tubes for Macro shots costing around 25 dollars. A spare battery will round out your kit. For less than $475.00 I have a kit that can provide results which will rival most of what can be found by other 'amateur' photographers who spend 5 times as much and carry around 3 times as much weight. Once I find out how to post some of i=our shots I will do so. If you are on the fence, dive on it - you won't be regret it!
on May 29, 2013
I got this camera as a dual gift, birthday and beginners photography class. Last time I bought a digital camera was back in 2007 for my 18th birthday and I was so excited because it was 7.1mp so I was due for an upgrade. The only problem is with phones being the go-to source for taking pictures due to their convenience I didn't want a point and shoot, I wanted something that would be an upgrade but still give me more options than my smartphone. Now, I am no expert photographer so I didn't need to spend tons of money on an expensive camera because I don't use it daily but I love this because it is small enough to fit in my purse comfortably (in its case) but still have the option for interchangeable lenses. I love the fact that it different settings for taking a picture directly on the camera (sepia, black and white, pop art...) because I don't have photoshop nor do I know how to use it. The software that comes with the camera also has some manipulation tools in it do alter the photos once uploaded onto the computer, so that is a plus as well.

I have only used the camera a few times since getting it but I am going on vacation in a few days so it will get a workout then but I am positive it will be perfect for my needs as an amateur, wanna-be photographer. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a camera with more abilities than a point and shoot but cheaper than a DSLR. It is a perfect camera for someone wanting to step into the world of photography without getting overwhelmed by the technology that is in it.
on June 20, 2014
I had a couple of point and shoots before this and I wanted to graduate to a better camera. I'm so glad my research took me to this! The image quality is great. The colors it produces are very pleasing. One big thing to note is that it shares the same sensor as the much more expensive OM-D E-M5.

I love the size. I'm the type of person that doesn't want to carry much, and this is much more portable than the bigger dslr's. The image quality can be amazing if paired with a better lens. The kit lens it comes with is fine, but when I started using a Sigma 30mm prime, I was blown away. The zoom lens is definitely nice and can zoom far while still staying sharp. Don't worry about blurry images, because Olympus bodies have built in image stabilization.

The touch screen is very helpful. I don't use it in the menus (the menus can get pretty complicated), but I do use it when taking pictures. All you need to do is touch the part that you want to focus on, then a split second later it'll focus and take the picture.

If you like putting your camera on manual, aperture, or shutter priority and you're worrying about it being hard to adjust settings because there aren't many dials, don't worry. If you just google how to toggle the super control panel, you're set. Adjustments won't be super fast, but changes can be made easily and quickly. I find that I mostly stay on aperture priority then use the dial on the back to adjust the aperture and the fn button on top for iso and it's perfect.

The size is small, but not too small, and I don't mind that it's a plastic body. It's very sturdy, and unless you're very careless with how you handle it, you won't have any problems. The battery also lasts very long taking pictures, but drains quicker while taking videos.

I can't say that I dislike anything about the EPM2.

In short, this is a great camera well worth the money and the fact that it also comes with a zoom lens is a big bargain. To unlock full potential, I recommend getting a great prime lens. If you're wanting an affordable, portable camera with great image quality, please please consider this. You're getting flagship sensor pictures from an entry level camera! I couldn't be more happy with the EPM2.

Here are some pictures that I took using this camera and a Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN lens. https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYmtHf9
on September 14, 2015
I searched for a long time for a replacement camera for my Fuji Fine Pics. I love the Fuji, but it is having problems after 15+ years.
That said, I like the Olympus. My main concern is that you need to be a computer engineer to work the menu's. The manual supplied with the camera is less than useless, but you can find the complete manual on line.
The problem with the menus is that they overlap. You go to one menu, which takes you to a second menu, etc. The manual assumes you know everything there is to know about the camera and remember which of the myriad menus does what. If you were using the camera daily, it wouldn't be too bad. But for occasional pics, its cumbersome.
The camera is very fast in taking and storing pics. I love the ability to take multiple shots of moving subjects in minimal time. It is going to take some time to get used to not having a view finder, but that is only because of lots of years of using cameras with one. Its light weight and seems to have a lot of flexibility (if I can just figure out how to use it.). I plan to spend the winter becoming proficient with it.
I will update this review when I've used the camera enough to become familiar with the technology. I don't regret buying it, and I would buy it again. Cool color for a camera!