Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/2.8 Lens" and save 53% off the $299.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/2.8 Lens
|Price:||$299.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact, discreet pancake-type lens
- Fast f/2.8 aperture, great for low-light shooting
- Wide-angle field of view, great for landscapes or street shooting
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/2.8 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 (Silver) for Olympus and Panasonic Micro 4/3 Cameras - International Version (Seller Warranty)
Olympus 25mm f1.8 Interchangeable Lens - International Version (No Warranty)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||RitzCamera||Amazon.com||Rainbow Corp.||CW US|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Pancake||fixed-non-zoom||normal|
17mm Olympus M. Zuiko Digital Lens for PEN series cameras. Micros Four Thirds mounts only.
From the Manufacturer
This wide-angle pancake lens has a convenient focal length (equivalent to 34mm on a 35mm camera) for shooting everything from landscapes and portraits to close ups. A slim design, with an overall length of just 22.5mm, ensures the camera remains compact and easy to carry even when the lens is mounted. With its digital-dedicated design and superior performance, this lens maximizes the camera’s performance for clear, high quality imaging.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
== Background ==
1. I have owned and used this lens for about one year
2. Camera bodies I have paired this with include Olympus E-M10, E-M1, E-M5 Mk II, and Panasonic GX1
3. Other lenses in similar focal length I have owned in the past include: Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, 20mm f/1.7, and 25mm f/1.7
4. I paid about $120 for one in used condition, which seems to be slightly below its current going price
== Pros ==
1. Pancake portability: This is the smallest lens in Olympus's line up to have a 35mm FF equivalent focal length. When paired with right camera bodies, it becomes jacket pocketable
2. Useful close focus distance: It gets you close to an object down to 20cm which helps you capture details
3. Good bokeh: Very pleasing out of focus rendering with perfectly round bokeh balls
4. Smooth manual focus ring: Not silky smooth but very well dampened and pleasing to operate
5. Nice looks on silver camera bodies: This lens goes really nicely with the retro style of black on silver camera bodies. The color looks much better in real life.
== Cons ==
1. Slower and noisier AF: Yes, it does tend to get noisy when focusing. Focus may feel slower than more recent lenses but much quicker than Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
2. Smeared corner rendering wide-open: Although it performs well when stopped down. Also center sharpness is good even at f/2.8
3. Less than stellar construction: It is one of the few lenses that have a moving front element when focusing. The lens does feel plastic-ky and some matte black plastic parts on the front attract dusts.
== Conclusion ==
This lens in my view deserves more stars than what pixel peepers would give it.
It is the cheapest, lightest, and smallest way to get the versatile 35mm FF equivalent focal length on Micro Four Thirds. When attending an event, often times I pair this with my E-M10 and hand it to people, then let them pass it around to take their shots with. It is so simple yet lightweight even kids can handle it. And the candid photos that come out of it are not of lesser quality.
I see this lens as being a perfect companion to Olympus PEN and OM-D (excluding E-M1) series as well as Panasonic GX series cameras.
== Accessories ==
I should note that LC-37C auto open/close lens cap works with this lens.
Olympus Lens Cap Auto Open LC-37C Silver for 14-42mm EZ (Silver)
I tend to think that the tourists lugging around gigantic DSLRs with even bigger telephotos will get robbed first...
/don't want to afford the higher end lens.