Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus MSC ED M. 60mm f/2.8 Lens" and save 34% off the $499.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Olympus MSC ED M. 60mm f/2.8 Lens
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Weatherproof Macro lens withstands harsh conditions
- 7.4 inch minimum working distance, Focal Length - 60 mm
- 1x 35mm equivalent maximum magnification
- 13 separate lens elements in 10 groups assures faithful reproduction of finest details
- Focus limit switch speeds up auto focus, Built-in working distance window for subject distance confirmation
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||LH-49|
|Compatible Mountings||Micro Four Thirds|
|Item Dimensions||2.2 x 2.2 x 3.23 inches|
|Item Weight||0.41 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.19 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||60 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||FourThirds|
|Minimum Focal Length||60 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||60 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Number of Elements||13|
|Number of Groups||10|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||46 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||20 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Olympus MSC ED M. 60mm f/2.8 Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Cameta Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds|
|Focus Type||auto-focus||Micromotor||Micromotor||auto-focus||Micromotor||Stepper motor|
|Item Dimensions||2.2 x 3.23 x 2.2 in||2.52 x 3.39 x 2.52 in||2.2 x 1.81 x 2.2 in||3.23 x 3.23 x 4.41 in||2.52 x 2.72 x 2.52 in||2.76 x 3.31 x 2.76 in|
|Item Weight||6.56 ounces||6.7 ounces||—||0.6 lb||0.67 lb||0.84 lb|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Zoom lens||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||Zoom lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||60 millimeters||150 millimeters||45 millimeters||60||75 millimeters||40 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||60 millimeters||40 millimeters||45 millimeters||30||75 millimeters||12 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||46 millimeters||58 millimeters||37 millimeters||—||58 millimeters||62 millimeters|
The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro is a high quality macro lens is ideal for shooting a wide range of conditions, including applications such as landscape and portrait shooting. Featuring a closest focusing distance of 7.4 inches, this lens has excellent close-up capability with 1X* magnification, and dust-/splash-proof construction. The lens incorporates 13 lens elements in 10 groups with extensive use of special glass materials such as ED (Extra-low Dispersion), HR (High Refractive index) and E-HR (Extra-High Refractive index) elements to completely eliminate the chromatic aberrations that can be noticeable with telephoto macro lenses. The new FR-2 Adapter Ring provides easy attachment of Olympus’s RF-11 ring flash or STF-22 twin flash allowing for professional and easy TTL Macro Flash Illumination at Macro working distances.The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f2.8 Macro incorporates Olympus's exclusive MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) mechanism, which is based on a floating-type inner focusing system with three drive systems resulting in no change in the overall lens length during autofocusing. Other features such as focus limit switching and a shooting distance/magnification indicator window enhance macro shooting control and precision.The Olympus AF Macro 60mm f2.8 ED (Black) Lens -->
Top customer reviews
Here are the basic differences:
1. Has reduced focus and full focus, nothing else.
2. Is very short
3. In macro mode, unlike every other lense I have used, this one stays very bright. This is good for focus, but bad for flash control, as even the built in flash will over expose images (cannot turn down enough). Between this lense and the Oly, there is more than an f stop difference in clos macro, while the same for normal distances.
Note: You can test this by setting the camera to manual, using the same setting in the same lighting and shooting the same object. At normal distances, they are the same, but in close macro, the oly images, with the same magnification, are darker.
1. Has an extra setting that will limit the focus from .19 to .4 meters, if all you are doing is macro. Reduces focus time, saves battery and greatly reduces hunting.
2. Like every other macro lense, this one has a higher f stop than it shows when you get really close. As it so happens, the extra working distance and this mean the automatic strobe work great all the way to 1 to 1.
3. This is a light, very long lens.
Image quality seems great with both lens, but at the same magnification you get better working distance (good), less light light to the camera (bad), great auto strobe control (good) and reduced depth of field at the same f stop (might be good or bad).
As both oly and pany use contrast detection, how you have the camera set to focus and how much contrast the target has are important. More so with the oly when in macro mode, because less light is getting thru. I tried spot focus, and at one to one, in normal room light, the camera would not focus at all. Switch to a single spot, and I just had to be careful where the camera was pointed at. Use all the focus spots, and it worked very well. As different micro 4/3rd camera's have different options, these results may vary.
I like the lens, used correctly I find it fast, accurate and fun to shoot with. Not shot test images at really high f stops, but will in the next week.
Most recent customer reviews
my goto lens for flowers and insects.Read more