Olympus Outback 10x21 RC1 Binoculars
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Slim body and foldable design
- High-index BaK-4 roof prisms
- UV protection
- Center focus knob
- Built-in dioptric correction adjusts to each user's eyesight
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||1.6 x 3.5 x 3.9 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.66 pounds|
5 angle of view 261' field of view Compact lightweight design: 7 ozFully multi-coated lenses include aspherical elements 11mm eye relief 8.2' close focusing distanceHigh-index BaK4 prisms for a bright crisp image from edge to edge Convenient center-focusing knobUV protection reduces the transmission of harmful ultraviolet rays
From the Manufacturer
Great views are now easier to find with this slim, stylish metallic silver binocular. The Outback 10x21 binocular has a cool and innovative design enables you to fold the lenses right into the body of the binocular so its size rivals that of a small cell phone, perfect when you're on the go. And powerful lenses complete with UV protection bring impressive sights right before your eyes in stunningly clear, crisp fashion.
The Outback 10x21 binocular also delivers an incredibly comfortable performance. UV protection enables you to safely view subjects for long periods of time; built-in dioptric correction adjusts to your eyesight for clear observation; and eye-relief and twist-up eyecups give you the ultimate flexibility when it comes to deciding what's most comfortable for you.
Slim body and foldable design make this binocular conveniently easy to use and carry.
High-index BaK-4 roof prisms combine with multi-coated lenses featuring aspherical glass elements for clear, vibrant viewing.
Built-in dioptric correction, eye-relief and twist-up eyecups provide an enjoyable viewing experience wherever you are.
Features and Benefits
- High-index BaK-4 roof prisms.
- Fully multi-coated lenses include aspherical elements for bright, sharp images from edge-to-edge.
- Ultra-compact, foldable design. Innovative double-axis folding mechanism lets you fold the lenses into the body of the binocular making them incredibly convenient to carry in your hand or pocket.
- Sleekly styled with a metallic silver finish makes them fun to use and great to look at.
- UV protection reduces the transmission of harmful ultraviolet rays for safe viewing.
- Twist-up eyecups let you decide your most comfortable viewing position.
- Built-in dioptric correction adjusts to each user's eyesight to ensure clear viewing.
- Eye-relief of 11mm provides comfortable viewing for those who wear glasses or don't.
- Center focus knob is conveniently placed so your viewing experience is as easy and comfortable as you want it to be.
- Lightweight (under 7 ounces).
Top customer reviews
BUT there are some compromises you should be aware of:
1. Light-gathering capability is somewhat limited: the image will appear dimmer with less vibrant colors than a comparable pair of binoculars with different (heavier) set of optics. Most noticeable in low light conditions (dawn/dusk, shady areas). The image is also not quite as crisp as my heavier set... although that may have to do with #2 below:
2. Those little eyecups are harder to align properly. I just find it's easier to get a clear view through my heavier set of binoculars. These ones take more fiddling and (for my noggin' anyway) don't align quite as comfortably.
Overall a great travel/casual set of binoculars but they won't replace the view quality of a heavier-duty set.
Most recent customer reviews
These fit the bill just great and were a best buy in Consumers Reports.
Although these binoculars are very good, I could not adjust the focus using the written instructions.Read more