Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 26, 2005
I had an Olympus Accura for seven years and loved it so when it crashed I wanted another Olympus. I've only had this one for a few weeks, am still getting used to it. It's different than the other Olympus in that it doesn't take AA batteries and you have to hold it differently because of the flash and because it slides open whereas the other one opened when you pushed the button on top. That's the only problem I've had so far -- a couple of times I inadvertently shut it off by holding it wrong. I was pleased with the first roll of film I took with this camera -- only one blurred shot, and a nice close-up of a rose. Sometimes to get a close photo you need to use the zoom instead of just getting close. It always takes me awhile to get used to new stuff, but I think once I learn to use this camera I'll like it as much as the other. The zoom is cool and easy to use. Everyone says go digital, but with digital you lose the element of surprise and imperfection and that's what makes photography interesting. Plus all the girls see their picture and say, Ooh, I don't look good in that one, delete it! With this camera you can't delete so you don't end up tossing pictures that someone will like when they're old and gray and didn't recognize how good they looked at 23. I give this four stars -- I can't give it five stars because I haven't mastered it yet.
on November 9, 2017
Camera came in great shape. Would of done 5 stars. No batteries or film with purchase. Every other camera site I dealt with included these
2 xtras.
on October 24, 2017
Camera arrived in great shape, looked brand new. Haven’t delevoped any film yet, but based on the quality of flash and everything else considered I expect great quality photos. Highly recommend.
on December 10, 2013
Happy with it. Wish I'd read the battery specs. A different version of the camera takes standard AA, but this takes one of those funky little camera batteries. Not the end of the world, obviously, but my mom (who this is for) does best with easy-to-maintain items. I'm worried this camera's battery might be a challenge to her.
on July 25, 2015
Sick of battery issues with digital cameras.
on December 20, 2014
A delux expensive camera at a cheap price
on March 18, 2010
This camera is the second one I've owned. I looked until I found it on Amazon. I was delighted with the first camera and am thrilled with this one.
on January 3, 2007
very easy to use. size is just right to carry in pockets, etc. pictures are sharp and clear. would buy this camera again.
on April 30, 2015
I was looking for an older date camera. I love the look it gives all the photos.
on August 6, 2005
Really, I wish I could give this 3.75 stars. At three stars, I feel like I'm low-balling it.

I didn't pay full price for this camera. If I had, I may not have been as happy with it. It has its flaws, that's true. When the zoom lens is extended out all the way, I have never been able to capture a non-blurry photo. I kind of expected that might be the case when I bought it and other reviewers have cautioned on this issue, so I don't really feel particularly let down by it. I always take hyper-zoomed pictures with the understanding that it might just not work out. Unfortunately, I've yet to be proven wrong.

The thing that actually bothers me is the flash. It has several flash settings for different times of day. There's even an option for no flash. Sometimes though, when that option is clearly not going to be useful, it would be nice if the flash wasn't so spot-like. It doesn't diffuse over the entire frame very well, I guess you could say. I have several pictures where I can clearly tell where the flash went off as it's brighter in that part of the picture; sometimes just a tad, sometimes considerably so. Its biggest downfall is at mid-dusk when the light is too dim for no flash but is just dark enough to expose its spot-like flash problem.

I offer all of that with the caveat that when it's not mid-dusk and not at the absolute end of the zoom length, it takes great pictures. Really, it does. It works peachy all day and nearly all night, save for mid-dusk. When you don't use the flash- perhaps for ambient, moody pictures- it gathers light very well and you'll get what you want.