Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 301 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 335 reviews
on February 24, 2015
We bought this camera specifically for Snorkeling! We took it to Bermuda with us and it was amazing! The ONLY problem we had with it was that the on/off button is very sensitive so when we had it in my husbands backpack it clicked on and drained the battery giving us very little time when we actually went snorkeling to use it.. BOO! Great picture/videos.. you can literally take this thing anyplace! love it!
review image review image
on November 29, 2013
This is an interesting little camera for outdoor work. Since it is shock resistant and water resistant, one can take shots in bad weather without worries. I am an underwater photographer and my UW camera rig is a lot larger and more complex than this little guy, but I think the camera does have topside uses for me.

I also like the macro and super-macro function for the small stuff. It even has a little macro light.

I had one problem which actually caused me to return the camera for a replacement. When I would unplug the camera after charging the battery, the LED screen would go blank for a period of time. It would come back on in a matter of minutes or hours, but the defect was enough to motivate me to sent for a replacement. I guess the good news is that I like the camera enough to persevere with it.
on April 30, 2013
I'm a big fan of the olympus stylus cameras! This new model has some cool new features and much quicker taking photos. As soon as you snap, its ready for the next picture. My only complaint is the camera is quite a bit bulkier than previous models. I would think they would be able to keep it slim. It barely fits in my camera case. Oh, one more complaint is the directional toggle. I like that it's simple and less cluttered on the camera, but the toggle sometimes goes the wrong direction i want it to go. I am a female with small fingers so i can imagine this would get very frustrating for men.
on December 12, 2014
Had this camera for over a year now. The picture quality is really nice, for a water camera (We use it for every day pictures, its that good.) We've also dropped it, thrown it, and basically just abuse it. We do a lot of things, and typically we want a camera we can take into places that most people would cringe taking a camera into.

1.) First Visual Impression: The anodized aluminum makes this camera look sharp as well as rugged right from the box. The screen and button layout is good, and doesn't make things complicated.
2.) Functionality: Picture quality is really good for a water camera. If you're unfamiliar with water cameras, for the price they are roughly about half the quality of a normal camera for the price. This one is probably more like 75% of the quality of a camera of its same price range.
3.) Querks/Perks: All of the features/etc are pretty simple but as with any technology have a learning curve. Comparitively, this camera isn't that bad. I've seen much, much worse. Though, its auto feature works 85-90% of the time.
4.) Durability: As far as ruggedness, this camera has been in the Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean, and the Atlantic Ocean. Its also been dropped off a second story balcony due to ... blurred vision... and still works like its right out of the box.

Recommendation: I like this camera, a lot. In fact, I normally buy a new one every year but I like this one enough that I'm not going to chance getting one I dislike this year and I feel like the quality is high enough waiting won't be an issue.
on January 2, 2015
This is a great camera. Waterproof, shock resistant, easy to use, lots of options, large view screen, great photos, good battery life. I bought this to use while snorkeling in Hawaii. The first time I used a waterproof case over my Canon 1400is. It was difficult to use becuase it was difficult to see the screen. This does not suffer from the same problems. The screen is easy to see even underwater. The controls are large enough to use even with light dive gloves. The beauty is that this camera goes from the air to under water and back againi and just works. I gotta say, it's really scary to just put the camera into the water but, it is fully waterproof. The only thing you need to do after a day at the beach is to rinse the camera in tap water to get rid of the salt and then dry it off.

Suggestions: 1. Get a spare battery and battery charger. You can charge the battery while it's in the camera but while you're charging you can't use the camera. 2. Get the floatation strap; you don't want your camera to slip off your wrist and into 30' of water, 3. Get a small case for the camera. It's waterproof and shock resistant but there's no point in pressing the point. I got a small hard case for the camera so it is free of dust and protected from being banged around when I'm traveling (plus, there's room for the spare battery)
on November 5, 2013
Purchased this for a trip to Dry Tortugas. I wanted something small to tote around, something waterproof for snorkeling, and something that would stand up to camping and heavy use. My last camera was ruined by a single grain of sand! This camera matched all our requirements! It worked perfectly on our trip, took fabulous photos under and above water and held up to everything. I wasn't worried about letting the kids use it. I wish I had purchased it a few months before the trip so I would have had more time to play around with the settings and figure out how it works but that is the ONLY regret I have with my purchase. It is easy to use, easy to carry and is a pretty color. Even though we are back from our travels, I continue to use it over my larger digital camera. I love that the battery is rechargeable! My other camera really goes through the batteries and that gets expensive! I did purchase a set of 2 extra batteries with a wall charger and I would highly recommend them! We always had batteries charged and ready to use. It was important to have our photos turn out from this once-in-a-lifetime trip and this camera really delivered. It has a lot of settings for underwater and many for scenes above the water. I've seen cameras with more settings, but this one had all the important ones for all the scenes you will need on a trip. Plus - I always get confused and overwhelmed with a hundred different settings. This one made it easy to choose. It's the baby bear of cameras - JUST RIGHT.
on December 25, 2013
Bought this for backpacking, as we need an extremely durable camera to take pictures with. We haven't had a chance to use it, so I will update this after our next trip. Just playing with it in the house, it is a wonderful camera. It takes clear, gorgeous pictures, and has a ton of shooting modes. The only one that we had trouble with was the cat recognition mode - it's supposed to automatically take a picture of a cat's face when it's detected, but it didn't. Not a major complaint, I probably wouldn't use this mode anyway, it was just fun to test it. Overall, so far, an awesome investment.
on March 23, 2014
My husband and I were going on a caribbean cruise (our first!) and had signed up for a swim with the sea turtle snorkeling outing. I wanted to be able to take underwater pictures, but wasn't keen on one of those disposable cameras, so I picked this up a few weeks before our trip. I was really thrilled at how well it worked, and how great the zoom and picture quality was.

I purchased a floatation wrist strap to compliment this which was a perfect accessory. It took great picts, and video both above and below the water. We were in about 20 - 25 feet of water and I could see the sea turtles and a manta ray swimming along the bottom, and was able to zoom in with clarity that produced unbelievable quality images

My one complaint and reason for four stars instead of five is that it was too easy to switch between still picts and video. I'd inadvertantly switched to video, and then couldn't figure out why it "wasn't working" (only to later realize it was, but had just been taking video, not stills!). At one point, I took a great half above, half below the surface photo of my husband I went to hand him the camera to take a picture of me, and in the process of handing it over, had flipped it to video without realizing it. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't take a picture and handed it back. (I have to admit the ensuing video was hilarious, watching myself bob up and down, spitting out salty water saying "Did you take it?" and smiling interchangeably).

Great buy for the money, I was very pleased with this camera. I will be putting it on the motorcycle this summer for vacation pictures on the bike too.
on March 5, 2015
If you want a simple to use, waterproof to 30 foot , and rugged build camera that takes good point and shoot pictures, as well as good video, this is the camera for you! I have used this camera primarily for scuba diving ( I have purchased an external case that is offered from olympus to be able to go beyond the 30 , to depths of well over 100 foot) and beach usage , and I have used it for over 3 years without a hitch! I shoot underwater photos as well as underwater video!!! It does it very easy and does it very well. The camera is built very durable and rugged. Great camera for kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, swimming, or just a great camera for everyday use as well. Not complicated. Easy to use. If that fits your needs, ( there are several out there simular to this one) olympus is a good one. There may be a newer version of this camera available now. I own 2 . An earlier version, as well as this tg 820. Both work great. Both are used for the same usage.
on August 7, 2013
I bought this camera to use in our trip to Key Largo after reading several reviews for various brands and models ranging from $100-250. My husband and son are divers and I wanted them to take pictures so I could see ocean life too. I honestly expected something fatal to happen to the camera during one of their dives, but as long as we were able to get some decent pics on the memory card first, I would have been happy anyway. They took it on two dives -- one that was about 30-35 ft deep, and the camera held up wonderfully! We have some great photos I can't wait to show our friends and family! I also took it to the water park and just loved that I can take it anywhere with me and not worry that it will get wet. This is clearly one of the nest purchases I've made. The picture quality underwater isn't fantastic, but is fine, and for the price, I didn't expect it to be great. The above water pictures are pretty decent. No match to my Nikon DSLR, of course, but better than I expected for the price I paid. And I can't take the Nikon in water, so there you have it. I would definitely recommend this camera for novice underwater photography!