Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus PEN E-P3 12.3 MP Live MOS Micro Four Third..." and save 44% off the $899.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Olympus PEN E-P3 12.3 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 17mm Lens - Black
|Price:||$899.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3" Touch Screen OLED 614K Dots
- New TruePic VI with Fine Detail Processing
- Full 1080 60i HD Movie
- Ten In-Camera Art Filters and New Art Filter Effects and Variations
- Fully Expandable System
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Designed for photographers who want total control over their creative vision, thepowerful PEN E-P3 delivers professionalimage quality, blazing FAST AF speed and an array of built-in creative features in aclassic, ultra-portable design.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's everything I could want in a small camera. My neck, shoulders and purses are MUCH happier with this - and it fills the need I have wanted for a long time, to have a camera with me at all times, that was better than the iphone, and smaller than my DSLR with exceptional quality. The manual modes on the camera are great, the 17mm performs stunningly in low light, and the camera in general is just wonderful. This is the perfect second camera for anyone who needs to leave the big boy at home and still expects photos at a certain quality (and shutters of a certain speed!).
my purchase decision came down to the panasonic gx1 vs. the olympus e-p3 ($799 with the 17mm f2.0), and went olympus because of in body stabilization.
* lightweight. your back will thank you.
* compact. i easily fit the oly e-p3, 45mm f1.7, 17mm 2.8, and panny 14-140mm, 100-300mm in a lowepro 100 sling.
* hd video in avchd or motion jpeg
* high iso, i shot my daughter's night soccer playoff game at 4000 iso with acceptable graininess (max 128,000).
* in body stabilization, great for prime lenses without is.
* acceptable built in flash, mainly for fill
* compatibility with canon external flash (with loss of some auto settings)
* acceptable battery life (but do always have 'at least 1 extra charged battery on hand)
* full aperture, shutter, and manual controls
* special settings (fireworks, portrait, night, etc.)
* focusing in low light takes some time
* if set to continuous autofocus, shutter lag is unacceptable
* menu system is disorganized / confusing, not as intuitive as the panasonic and canon systems
* occasionally exposure is off (sometimes way over exposed or under exposed)
* i'd rather have the panasonic 20mm f1.8 instead of the oly 17mm f2.8. oh well.
* when videoing, the crop factor jumps up, so you can't rely on what you see to compose. try pre-videoing to get an idea of the crop before actually videoing.
* no articulating screen
i used to lose lens caps all the time. try these lens cap leashes (hmm, used to be $3.00 for five, it's currently $7.50). cut off the adhesive "plate", it's useless and falls off easily. instead, drill a tiny hole into the lens, thread the string in, and tie a few knots to secure the string. 5 LENS CAP LEASH! LENS CAP HOLDER/SAFETY CORD FOR SONY CANON NIKON OLYMPUS PENTAX LENS CAP, SAVE!!! $$$
i agree with the above reviewers, there is no such thing as a perfect camera. but if you prefer something lightweight with in body stabilization and the flexibility of interchangeable lenses, the oly e-p3 is the way to go. happy shooting!
Most recent customer reviews
Let's start off with the positive. This camera is awesome!Read more