Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus FL-600R Wireless Flash" and save 33% off the $299.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Olympus FL-600R Wireless Flash
|Price:||$258.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.05 (13%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- It features a built-in LED light that can function as an AF illuminator for still images or as full-time auxiliary lighting for shooting movies.
- As a bounce flash, the FL-600R tilts upward to 90 degrees and downward to 7 degrees, and it can swivel side-to-side up to 180 degrees in each direction.
- A wide panel and catch light plate are built into the unit, so you won't misplace them when traveling.
- In wireless mode, the FL-600R has a built-in commander function to remotely fire other wireless flash units without firing itself, but it can also be used as a slave flash,
- 6 modes: TTL-AUTO, AUTO, Manual, FP TTL-Auto, FP Manual, RC
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 1.1 x 4.1 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.05 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not into videography, but the LED lamp can be used for constant illumination in video recording mode (I haven't checked if it can be activated manually in still image mode). Paired with the 12-50mm lens, or any other macro lens, the FL-600R is outstanding for macro photography, either camera mounted or in RC mode. Speaking of which, the flash operates outstandingly well in RC mode.
Construction quality of the FL-600R is good, comparable to, if not better than, the Nikon SB-800 flash, which I used before migrating from Nikon to the Micro Four Thirds system. No complaints, at least not yet.
All-in-all, for its specs and price point, I consider the FL-600R to be an outstanding flash and can recommend it highly, and without reservations, to Oly E-M5 owners.
So this plastic slim lever piece may be a problem just waiting to happen. I know I probably got a rare "dud" gear, but I just wanted to let folks know.
I own an Olympus E-620, which is a regular 4/3 camera (i.e., DSLR, not mirrorless) and has been wondering whether every function would work well with it. I found out I am not the only person who has this question (I suspect it's because most people who would buy FL-600R are enthusiasts). So when it is on sale, I took the plunge and bought it. The short answer is, YES. It works with E-620 (and probably E-5 also since it is newer than E-620). I am not an expert on flash photography, so I am only testing whether some certain function works or not, but not how well.
This review is tailored for E-620 users, but should contain useful info for all prospective buyers of this flash.
Compatibility table with E-System cameras is here: [...]
Compatibility table with m4/3 cameras is here: [...]
Also notice some of the cameras listed as compatible will not work wirelessly (most notably E-1 will not work with this flash in this regard). E-620 however, does work. See detail below.
-- List of the functions work with E-620.
1. Everything a flash would do when hooked to a hot shoe (Auto, Manual, TTL Auto, FP Auto, FP TTL Auto)
2. Focus assist light works automatically when you half press the shutter, which is the reason why I bought this flash (build-in flash gives that discerning high-frequency strobes that may scare your subject)
3. Wireless flash works with E-620's build-in flash (You need to go to Menu -> Camera 2 -> RC Mode to turn it on)
4. Works as slave flash using E-620's build-in flash and FL-14 (the lack of R after the model number indicates that flash cannot be used as an RC commander, so no RC mode with it. FL-600R must be the slave flash when used in conjunction with FL-14)
5.Read more ›
First, the size is just right- at 9.3 ounces (no batteries), it's certainly light, and at a size roughly 20% smaller than a 430ex ii, it's not physically that big. As mentioned, if you are an OM-D user, the flash look and feels great on that camera - even better if you've got the grip. It might be a little large or heavy for one of the pen models, but being an owner of a smaller flash (Canon 270ex ii), I can tell you I'd almost always have a slightly larger flash that is more powerful, recycles faster, and can tilt/swivel. And it can tilt from -7 to 90 degrees, as well as swivel a full 360 degrees. It makes bouncing light very easy to do.
There are so many shooting modes available to you- and one that I found as a really fun extra I didn't even know it could do. All of the shooting modes listed- TTL auto, Super FP TTL, Manual, Super FP Manual, Auto, Slave Auto, Slave Manual, and Remote Control. Super FP is Olympus' high speed sync mode, and the RC mode is it's proprietary optical based wireless triggering. But the interesting mode for me are the "Auto" modes. While TTL Auto retains the traditional through the lens metering mode found in most camera systems, the FL-600R is capable of metering with the flash alone- meaning metering can be done on or *OFF* the camera. For instance, in plain "Auto" mode, you dial in the aperture and ISO, and the flash will periodically take a reading of the scene it's pointed at- and attempt to create an exposure accordingly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pros: compact, feature rich, works perfectly with the OM-D series, TTL is nice.
Cons: plastic. TTL is, maybe, a crutch. Read more
It's not the fl-50 but still a nice flash for the mirrorless cameras. Mount works great, display is easy to read.Published 2 months ago by John Giles
Flashing part works fine, but after very little use the lock that rotates the direction of the flash head has jammed and won't move. Costs a lot for repair :(Published 5 months ago by A. Vos
The flash is excellent. Small light and powerful. The remote control function is also very useful. The problem is it seems to be very poorly made. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
An excellent flash unit. I can't think of anything derogatory to say about it.Published 7 months ago by Ken A.