Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical..." and save 24% off the $89.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom (Black) (Old Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-inch LCD display
- 14 Megapixel
- 5x Optical Zoom
- HD Video
- Art Filters
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Average Life||165 Photos|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||0.5 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230000|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||14 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|Exposure Control Type||Program AE|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC|
|Flash Type||Built-In Flash|
|Focus Description||TTL iESP with contrast detection|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, High Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3|
|Item Dimensions||2.24 x 0.75 x 3.78 inches|
|Item Display Weight||125 grams|
|Item Weight||0.28 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2.3 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.6 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.19 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||7 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year parts and labor|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F6.5|
|Maximum Focal Length||130 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||1,280 Pixels|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,288|
|Memory Storage Capacity||49 MB|
|Metering||Multi, Spot AF-area|
|Minimum Focal Length||26 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||4 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||0.95 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-ion rechargeable LI-70B battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30,15 fps), 640 x 480 (30, 15 fps), 320 x 180 (30,15 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.37|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Direct Distributor||Amazon.com||212 Distributors (NO SALES TAX OUT OF N.Y.)|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||2.7 in||2.7 in|
|Item Dimensions||0.75 x 3.78 x 2.24 in||1.14 x 3.74 x 2.36 in||3.67 x 1.05 x 2.37 in||37.56 x 22.91 x 0.83 in|
|Item Weight||4.48 ounces||5.76 ounces||4.16 ounces||4.3 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 megapixels||—||16 megapixels||16 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30,15 fps), 640 x 480 (30, 15 fps), 320 x 180 (30,15 fps)||1280 x 720||1280 x 720 pixels||720p|
|Viewfinder||None||None||fixed LCD||flexible LCD|
Brains and beauty - the VG-160 has it all and then some. This is the camera that offers all the extras without the extra costs. With creative features including One-Touch HD Video, Magic Art Filters, a 26mm Wide-Angle Lens and 5x Optical Zoom
From the Manufacturer
Brains and beauty – the VG-160 has it all and then some. This is the camera that offers all the extras without the extra costs. With creative features including One-Touch HD Video, Magic Art Filters, a 26mm Wide-Angle Lens and 5x Optical Zoom, you’ll capture million dollar pictures and video. Options and value – it’s a deal you can’t refuse.
Olympus VG-160 Highlights
MAGIC ART FILTERS
Express your creativity with up to 12 special effects for your photos & HD videos. Olympus' Magic Art Filters infuse familiar scenes with new and unexpected moods ranging from the exciting to the serene and from the whimsical to the mysterious. Choose from Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, Punk, Watercolor, Miniature, Sparkle, Reflection, Dramatic and Fragmented. (Effects vary by model and may reduce image size.)
INTELLIGENT AUTO + SHADOW ADJUSTMENT TECHNOLOGY
Automatically identifies the scene you’re shooting –- up to 30 different scene modes including Portrait, Landscape, Night + Portrait, Macro or Sports -- and adjusts the settings for ideal results. (Number of scene modes varies by model.) iAuto combines with Shadow Adjustment Technology to capture scenes exactly as you see them even in difficult lighting situations.
A simple, one-touch button allows you to record movies with amazing clarity in high-definition, right from your camera.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This camera is similar to others in it's class. It seems a bit flimsy, but that is probably because I'm used to the old type of camera. If you read the manual it will seem like this camera is complicated to use, but it really isn't. You can set it to just work automatically if you want. If you like to fiddle with settings you can do this too.
What made me get this camera over another similar one is that you can charge the battery, using an AC adapter supplied) with a supplied USB cable, without having to remove the battery from the camera. With the other camera you had to remove the battery to recharge it this way. You can also recharge the battery by connecting it to your computer with the USB cable, but this takes much longer.
A few suggestions:
1. Before purchasing or receiving the camera I would download the manual from the Olympus Website. It gives you an idea of what it is like. Also, the camera comes with a "quick start" guide which is a bit hard to read.
2. This camera needs a media card which is not supplied. When you buy the camera from Amazon it suggests you purchase a media card at the same time and this I would urge you to do. It needs a certain type so you can check that with manual you downloaded. Amazon does show the correct card. I purchased one that is a 16GB SDHC Transcend Flash Memory Card.
3. Amazon also suggests that you buy a case and this is also listed with the camera. I bought the case that was listed. The case is good because it will protect the viewing screen on back of the camera. By buying all three at once you save the shipping charge on the less expensive items.
4. The camera comes with a CD-Rom. You don't need it for the drivers as your computer will get the drivers when you plug into it with the USB cable. It does supply two programs to manage your pictures. I did install these, but they are not needed if you have other image editing software. The camera shows as a disc on your computer and you can just drop and drag the images to your own custom folder and go from there. I did install the programs mentioned, but have not used them yet. You can always install them and remove them later.
5. The most useful feature of the CD-Rom is that you can use it to register your camera online.
6. The CD also will download a full manual which is the same as the one downloaded from the Olympus website.
7. The camera is about the size of a playing card and not very thick so it is easy to carry around. The buttons are small, but it is no problem to use them.
8. In summary I'm pretty sure I will like this camera as I get used to it. I will help if you have a dog who likes her picture taken when taking pictures of her. Mine doesn't, but the camera also works as a video camera, so you might be able to catch them that way. No problem if your dog or cat will stay still.
Most recent customer reviews
Got it for my 11 yr old and it's resisted the test of time.
(Had to replace the battery though)