Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on February 2, 2011
I have always preferred a "cinch" or adjustable type wrist strap on my camera. The typical strap supplied with cameras these days is just a loop with no means of tightening up the strap around your wrist. I travel a lot and just feel much more comfortable hanging over the side of a ship or a church steeple in Europe with my camera secure around my wrist.

Thankfully Olympus makes this strap available as a stand alone product. There was a previous version on Amazon I have purchased in the past but seems to be discontinued now. Thankfully this model is available, for now. I had no use for the "water-ready" part of the strap. It is simply rubber tubing around the strap. I found it to be uncomfortable and simply cut it away with some small scissors. Once this was removed the strap is substantial yet very comfortable.

I received my first one of this style today and promptly ordered a couple more as back ups. At the current Amazon price get them while you can!
on June 9, 2014
Read other reviews and they are true. This is a great strap for the price but only after you cut off the blue plastic tubing that goes around the wrist. It is very rigid and uncomfortable, and it actually prevents the strap from being secured around your wrist when you adjust to strap. I've used a standard household scissors to cut it off. You might want to be careful but it's not that difficult. I was able to cut it off in under 30 sec. Once it's off the material is very soft and feels great around your wrist.
on May 11, 2017
Very strong. I used this on my trip to the Bahamas. 11 days of fun in the sun and surf. I had no worried about losing my waterproof camera.
on September 15, 2013
I never use the strap that might come with a camera. They usually are worthless and weak, and worse, advertise a camera with no benefit to me. A "NIKON" or "CANON" strap makes you stand out in a crowd, which I never want to do. I leave new camera straps wrapped up in their boxes for eventual resale.

What you need to know about camera straps is the proper type to choose depending on the camera attachment provided. The string attachment strap (like this one) is ideal for Slotted lugs, rods, and posts. Lug mounts should be attached with metal split rings as they will need more strength. And tripod mounts only take tripod attachments.

Not many technical aspects to this one. This small strap can be used on any camera really, not just waterproof ones. There are no Olympus logos anywhere on the product, just the packaging. The Rubber tubing can be cut using wire cutters and precision scissors to allow the adjuster to fit smaller wrists. Straps are normally not necessary for pocket cameras, but if you're looking for one, or are used to having one, this one will not break the bank...
on June 19, 2016
Normally for camera cords, I'm typically worried the smaller string is not up to quality, but on this strap it doesn't look like it'll break off any time soon. However, the blue tubing may be too long for certain people with smaller wrists, so it might need to carefully cut using a knife/razor blade to better suit people's wrists so the adjustable toggle can actually serve it's purpose

Another perk is there's no Olympus branding on it, so it won't look tacky on my Sony camera.
on April 8, 2013
I bought the Olympus TG1 recently and decided to get this strap instead of using the red strap that comes with the unit. What I like about this strap is how easy it is to connect the strap to the side of the camera. The factory strap takes a little more effort to attach and does not have a way of tightening the strap around your wrist. With the factory strap I worry that if I let go of the camera it could fall off my wrist and down into the ocean.

The water ready strap is comfortable and feels surprisingly secure. I read a few reviews that mentioned how large the strap was the wrist. I'm a make 5'10" with relatively large hands so I don't have that problem. I could see however a female with slender wrists having the issue as the plastic blue cover theatre sits over the cloth strap prevents you from tightening past the blue plastic.

Overall it is a great strap that dries pretty quickly. It feels secure and comfortable and I would highly recommend it for the price.
on March 15, 2016
I bought this strap to attach it to my phone case which didn't come with one. Being that I have a tiny wrist I need something adjustable. After removing the plastic tubing this strap works perfectly.
The material is nice soft and comfortable. The plastic slider works and locks just fine. The loop itself is about 13 inches long.
Already it's been very useful for me when I just want to carry my phone . It also has prevented me from dropping my phone because the slider stays locked. Overall a good buy.
review image review image
on April 27, 2017
Good built quality. Currently being used on my phone using the lanyard loop. I would buy this again.
on June 10, 2017
Works, but not seriously adjustable. It was still pretty loose around our wrists.
on May 13, 2014
Unlike the strap that was included with my new camera, this one adjusts and closes in on your wrist making it much more secure for anyone to use it, including my kid. The feel of the material is great and the look and size is perfect.

I must say that I did not buy this with the intention to use it underwater ever, so I cut the blue plastic tube away (very easy to do). It did had an awkward fit and it did not adjust as well with it. So take that into consideration if buying for intended use.

Since it is very cheap, it is a no-brainer investment. It looks better than my Sony-supplied wrist strap, and is an easy way to add protection for your camera, preventing drops. Highly recommended