Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with ..." and save 7% off the $379.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Red)
|Price:||$449.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4X wide-angle optical zoom with fast f2.0 high speed lens
- Waterproof to depths of 50 feet, Freeze proof to 14 degrees F, Shockproof to 7 feet, Crushproof to 220 lb.
- RAW capture, Live Composite, Underwater modes with Underwater HDR
- Wi-Fi / GPS / e. Compass
- 1080P HD video
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Rugged Technology for Capturing Shots Everywhere.
Tough TG-4 takes all you can dish out and keeps shooting! Waterproof to depths of 50ft/15m, it’s perfect for snorkeling or battling the waves. TG-4’s robust construction is crushproof to 220lbf/100kgf, shockproof to 7ft/2.1m, and dustproof. And because TG-4 is freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C, even frigid conditions don’t faze it. From snowy slopes to coral reefs, this is the camera you can always keep with you.
16MP BSI CMOS Sensor with RAW Capture.
Olympus has designed TG-4 with an unmatched combination of features. For the first time in a rugged compact camera, you can shoot in RAW for the highest resolution capture and maximum creative control. With the sophisticated 16 Megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor and the TruePic VII Image Processor, you will shoot the smallest details and the brightest colors of every exciting moment.
F2.0 High-Speed Lens
You need powerful imaging for challenging environments, and TG-4’s ultra-bright F2.0 High-Speed Lens captures light fast. Nail blur-free shots as quick as the action happens, and shoot crisp, detailed images with minimal noise in low light. Plus, control the focus range of the background with the Aperture Priority Mode for amazing results.
Shooting underwater is a breeze with TG-4’s customized Underwater Modes, which are activated fast via the Mode Dial. In addition to Snapshot, Wide, and Macro modes, TG-4 boasts an advanced Underwater HDR mode, which automatically combines multiple images to create vivid underwater scenes with enhanced light and shadow.
Powerful Macro Modes
Go beyond panoramas and shoot close! TG-4’s Variable Macro System offers four powerful options including Microscope (shoot as close as 1cm), Microscope Control (for precise magnification up to 44.5x), Focus Bracketing, and Focus Stacking, which takes multiple exposures to create one flawless image with maximum depth of field.
Live Composite Mode
TG-4’s Live Composite technology extracts the brightest areas from a sequence of interval shots and automatically combines them into one perfectly exposed image right before your eyes. By capturing dim light and bright areas simultaneously, you’ll create incredible night scenes and star trails you’ll share over and over again.
Built-in WiFi Connectivity
Sharing and uploading your outdoor adventures is quick and easy with TG-4’s built-in WiFi and the free OI.Share app. Sync smart devices with a QR code to wirelessly share photos and videos with a press of a button. Plus, compose your image, control camera settings, and shoot remotely all from your smart device.
Fast GPS + e.Compass
Accurate next-generation GPS with Landmark Recognition locks onto your location within 10 seconds, and the multifunction e.Compass provides barometric pressure, altitude, and water depth as it points the way home. Plus, the free OI.Track app geotags images with GPS data for sharing and uploading from your smart device.
Action Shooting Modes
Outdoor photography is all about action! TG-4 is equipped with multiple options for capturing epic snowboard runs and mountain bike races, including Full HD 1080p video, High-Speed Movie (for slow- motion playback), Interval Shooting, and Time Lapse Movie, which automatically combines individual images – taken at preset intervals – into a short film.
Lens Options & Accessories
Create your own ultimate rugged system! The waterproof fisheye converter (FCON-T01) captures ultra-wide angle shots, while the waterproof tele converter (TCON-T01) extends TG-4’s zoom range to nearly 7x. The LED ring guide (LG-1) provides even lighting for macro shots, and a variety of protective cases and straps complete the assortment.
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Average Life||380 Photos|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||460000|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||16 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||12,800|
|Exposure Control Type|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|File Format||JPEG (Exif v2.3), Raw (ORF)|
|Flash Memory Type||SD, SDHC, SDXC, Internal Memory|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto, Fill-in, Flash off, Red-eye reduction|
|Flash Type||Built-In Flash|
|Focus Description||Contrast detection|
|HDMI Type||micro HDMI|
|ISO Range||Auto, 100-6400|
|Image Aspect Ratio||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.6 x 1.22 x 4.41 inches|
|Item Weight||0.54 pounds|
|Lens Design||Fixed Zoom|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||4.6 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.6 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.5 grams|
|Macro Focus Range||1 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.0 - F4.9|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,608|
|Memory Slots Available||1|
|Memory Storage Capacity||55 MB|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||25 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||4 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Sensor Technology||BSI-CMOS|
|Processor Description||TruePic VII|
|Remote Control Description||via smartphone|
|Shipping Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Specification Met||certified frustration-free|
|Style Name||25-100mm (35mm equiv.)|
|Supported Battery Types||LI-92B lithium-ion battery & USB power adapter|
|Video Capture Format||H.264, Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080 (30p), 1280 x 720 (30p), 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
|Weather Resistance||waterproof to 15m, shockproof to 2.1m, crushproof to 100kgf, freezeproof to -10C|
Compare to similar items
This item Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Red)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||CameraMall||Willoughby's Established 1898||digideals4less Top rated seller||PhoenixPhoto||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||2.7 in||3 in||3 in||2.7 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.22 x 4.41 x 2.6 in||1.3 x 4.4 x 2.6 in||1.02 x 4.09 x 2.64 in||1.23 x 4.39 x 2.59 in||1.1 x 4.4 x 2.5 in||4.08 x 0.77 x 2.3 in|
|Item Weight||0.54 lb||0.55 lb||6.24 ounces||0.54 lb||7.84 ounces||5.07 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16 megapixels||12 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||16 megapixels||—||—|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080 (30p), 1280 x 720 (30p), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||other||1920 x 1080 (60p, 30p), 1280 x 720 (60p), 640 x 480 (30p)||1920 x 1080 pixels, 1280 x 720,1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels, 640 x 480,1280 x 720,1920 x 1080 pixels||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Viewfinder||None||fixed LCD||None||—||flexible LCD||None|
4X wide-angle optical zoom with fast f2.0 high speed lens Waterproof to depths of 50 feet, Freeze proof to 14 degrees F, Shockproof to 7 feet, Crushproof to 220 lb. RAW capture, Live Composite, Underwater modes with Underwater HDR Wi-Fi / GPS / e. Compass 1080P HD video
Top customer reviews
Great photo quality while shooting underwater:
This camera takes great underwater photos with good image quality. The focusing is fast and accurate. The camera is very light at less than a pound, so very easy to lug around on trips. I took all of these photos in RAW and processed them in Lightroom.
Quirks on using RAW shooting:
- Getting the RAW setting enabled was more difficult than it should be. Usually this is accessed by the settings menu on other cameras. For the TG-4, you have to go to the main shooting screen and select it from the options on the live screen. Also, Olympus doesn't have a RAW-only option, instead you have to choose RAW+JPEG, which I find to be pretty unnecessary and the JPEGs just take up more space on my memory card.
- Also, I will mention that RAW capture is not available in all shooting modes. You cannot use RAW for underwater HDR, microscope mode, and portrait mode. Luckily for me, none of those modes are commonly used by me, but I would still have appreciated knowing this prior to purchasing the product. Especially since Olympus advertises the TG-4 as a RAW shooting camera.
- Note: If you're going to process RAW images, you'll need Lightroom 6. Older versions of Lightroom don't have the ability to process TG-4 RAW images.
Amazing microscope mode:
- I didn't get this camera for its microscope mode, but this feature was definitely a very pleasant surprise and one of the highlights of the TG-4. First of all, it can focus when the camera is EXTREMELY close (just 1 cm!!!) away from your object. This is a very unique capability. If you take a look at Wikipedia on Macro photography lenses, they provide a table of macro lenses and their closest focusing distances. The shortest focusing distance on that table is about 5 inches. Compare that to the TG-4, which can be as close as 1 cm.
- The magnification up to 44.5x is breathtaking, as the world looks completely different at that magnification. This is such a cool feature, and another reason to use this camera instead of my DSLR. I took a photo of a pair of shorts, and zoomed in all the way (see photo attached to this review). You can see the fibers of the material. Wow. This will definitely be a useful tool for me in the future.
Negatives about the camera:
- Poor photo quality in dim lighting. The camera sensor is really noisy when the lighting isn't optimal. This is the case even if I use nighttime shooting modes, so I was pretty disappointed. Most of my darker images were very grainy and no amount of post-processing was able to salvage them.
- Disappointing aperture control with f/2.0 lens. One of the main reasons that I bought this camera was to be able to control my aperture size and have it as large as f/2.0. However, the camera only lets you choose 3 aperture sizes depending on your current zoom. I didn't end up taking advantage of the aperture setting as much as I would have preferred.
- Battery life is short. You need to completely recharge the battery after just a few hours of usage, even when it's not shooting all the time.
- The camera's battery slot was a bit damp after an underwater shoot in the ocean. Now, after each underwater shoot, I make sure to rinse the camera in fresh water, then open all of the slots and let them dry out.
- Just because it's shockproof, crushproof, and rugged doesn't mean that it won't scratch. I was riding on my bike, had my camera sitting in a bike basket and it got scratched up. So be careful and maybe get a pouch for it.
- Lack of a manual setting. I know, it's a point-and-shoot camera, but I would still prefer to be able to control the exposure time, ISO, and aperture.
- The USB cable is not a standard mini or micro USB cable, and is instead a non-standard one. Sigh.
- The camera does not come with a full user manual in hardcopy form. Instead, Olympus provides a 121-page PDF document of the manual.
So far I have seen some good, some bad, and some ugly about the camera.
* Image quality is excellent, although perhaps a bit too saturated for "normal" mode.
* Focus is fast and accurate.
* Shutter lag is minimal. Not as fast as my DSLR, but still tolerable.
* The "microscope" mode is breathtakingly awesome. I shot a picture of a dish towel and the fibers of the cloth are easily visible. Also I shot one of my phone, and was able to make out not just the pixels but easily see that the pixels are little vertical stripes of red, green and blue.
* The water seals are great, although the latching mechanism is a bit fiddly.
* The size and weight of the camera are just right.
* The colors are bit over the top. They need to tone down the saturation a little.
* Low-light performance is not great. There are some setup options you have to configure to get it to focus at all (ie turn on the AF illuminator) and even then it's very voisy and has soft focus. Enabling the flash fixes all that, of course, but sometimes you don't want to use a flash.
* Enabling RAW mode is a bit weird. In most cameras there's a setup menu where you choose compression, image size, and RAW/JPEG but on this camera the compression setting is in the setup and the image size and RAW option are accessed from the main shooting screen.
* Manuals are only on the CD -- no printed manual past the one-page quick-start guide
* Some of the setup options require a bit of knowledge (e.g. your current altitude for the manometer) or a bit of trouble (GPS setup wants a PC)
It's possible to insert the battery backwards. No damage to the camera, but it won't turn on or charge. This is the first camera I have seen in nearly 15 years where it's possible to insert the battery incorrectly.
Non-standard USB connectors for interface and charging. Seriously, Olympus? Only USB mini or micro should ever appear on a modern device.
If not for the battery and USB cable issues, I would give the camera 5 stars...but those two are annoying enough that I have to downgrade it a little.