Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 16, 2012
Caveat: we have had this juicer only about a week, but we have used it multiple times a day since then. As many others have said, a lot of research is needed before investing in a juicer, and deciding which type (auger vs. centrifugal) is best for you is a big part of it. This centrifugal machine is very versatile - it seems to be able to juice almost anything.

If you are hearing rattling or grinding; detecting a burned smell; or getting juice all over your counter via leaks in the machine: YOU DON'T HAVE IT PUT TOGETHER CORRECTLY. We have experienced each of these issues once over the past week. We always stop the machine right away, make sure there are no bits of pulp caught somewhere, carefully put the parts back and close the clips simultaneously, and the problem goes away.

This juicer is quite finicky and takes some practice to make sure the parts are fitting together exactly right. We have even found that it makes a difference if you close the safety clips on the side at the same time versus closing first one and then the other.

Arguably, a $200+ should be more foolproof. And certainly, if you feel that way then perhaps another machine would be right for you. I gave four stars instead of five because of this idiosyncrasy. But I must emphasize how much we LOVE this juicer. We can juice any greens (just put them in first), citrus with the peel, ginger, beets, carrots, celery, apples, pears, you name it. I like some pulp in my juice, and this machine gives that (more nutrition & fibre, so what's not to like?). My kids are even drinking fruit-veggie blends and enjoying them.

I also was impressed with the ten-year warranty. Breville only guarantees their similar machine for one year, which didn't inspire my confidence.

Whatever you decide to buy, go ahead and get juicing! I have cut my coffee consumption by 3/4 because the fresh juice first thing in the morning gives me so much energy, I don't need the caffeine.

Wishing you all good health and enjoyable longevity!
177 helpful votes
178 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 4, 2015
I received the juicer- and set it up. It was easy to dismantle and ok to set it back up. It was a little fidgety. I would give 5 stars to the juicer itself. But will only give 3. For a refurbished item. I did not receive the plunger to this and had to buy another from Omega for an extra $20. 10 for the plunger itself and $10 for shipping.

It bucked when turning on.. Meaning it moved, so hold on to it when you first turn it on. The one draw back on this is it does not come with a cup and the spout is at an awkward position to put anything but a bowl under it. It sprays if you do not put the black spout piece of over it. I had to cut a small apple in half.. and had I had the plunger- would not need to cut it again.

What I do like about it- is once it juices- the color of the juice is so vibrant it's amazing and look forward to my plunger getting here. :)
on July 5, 2014
I've owned a few juicers over the years, and this was my effort to restart the habit. While there are some time-tested parts of the overall design of the Omega BMJ330 that are impressively solid, like the machine case and basket inside, there are a coupe of deal-breakers in the design. I was fine with overall function and cleanup, etc. HOWEVER: the clamps that hold the machine together (and are critical for function) – those long, black plastic arms on the sides – are horribly designed and made from cheap and brittle styrene plastic. This is a stark contrast to the rest of the machine and appear to be an afterthought in cheaper manufacture of an otherwise good product. Worse still, the pins that secure them at the top, little pivot posts, are also cheap styrene. The whole assemblage worked for about a month and pieces began to snap off. Within a week one clamp was completely broken and the other was on its way. I called Omega and wrote their website to no avail – no follow-up, no customer service for me.

Please note that I treated it gently and in accordance with instructions. It just simply fell apart before my eyes.

So, overall, a good original design with some awful, fragile compromises to "juice" more profits from the consumer. It's such a simple fix– make the high-use, critical parts (that are also under the most pressure during use) out of METAL... but no, not for Omega on this unit.

I should add that I spent a number of years in design school, so I'm not totally out the thin ice when commenting on the design of this machine. Just a set of really unfortunate compromises that doom an otherwise useful appliance to early death and utter uselessness – with no follow-up from the manufacturer when queried.
30 helpful votes
31 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on November 23, 2016
The product was chipped right by the latch and didn't last very long. I had the juicer for one day and the next day wouldn't turn on. It seems that chipped piece may have contributed to the safety feature and will now no longer turn on. I've had this juicer before and the one's I've had lasted for years under my care. The only reason i needed another one is because someone else carelessly stored mine in a lazy Suzan and an arm got caught and ripped off while it was rotating. This product however was clearly glued together for a one time use and then meant to fall apart for someone else. I'd appreciate some guide lines to see what i could do to fix this product, but sadly i have no contact with the seller.
on June 27, 2014
UPDATE JULY -- I have had this about 1 yr. Yesterday one of the plastic arms that holds the lid down - broke off. I still works - I have to hold the lid down on the side with the broken clip. I think something else like a nutri-bullet is in my future-- and this will be in the trash.

Just got this, this week and LOVE IT. Nothing to complain about - this so far works great on all sorts of veggies and fruits. It's very sturdy and does take up a bit of room on the counter. I put a wipeable placemat under it to make it easier to clean up any drips or small spills.

Just reporting back after 50+ days of use. This still functions great with weekly use. I did buy a bottle brush cleaner to really clean out the basket/grinder.
5 helpful votes
on August 18, 2015
Used to use the Jack Lalanne juicers, gone through 5 of them in 10 years. They worked good for being a 99 dollar juicer but they started making them cheaper and having extra parts that easily broke so it was time I stopped buying them. I used mine twice a day so they did get their use. This omega juicer is more powerful and juices better. I really am glad I made the switch.

I was looking into the cold extraction juicers, and I almost fell into the new age marketing! Thank goodness I didn't. HHmm let us see, lets use a plastic auger to extract the juice that way bits and pieces can end up in your juice. And let us also have extra parts that can break and you'll need to reorder often. Nah not for me, this omega juicer is simple to use, no hocus pocus marketing tricks. Just a juice extractor with MINIMAL parts. Why buy into the hype and pay triple for a juicer that has bells and whistles that'll need replaced? This is the juicer you want to get. Don't go for the hype, spend the 99 for this juicer.
on September 9, 2014
Now I have all these cut-up vegetables and fruits and no way to juice them because this POS quit with NO warning. . .

I bought this to replace an older Omega Juicer that I had inherited from my parents. I had to replace the juicer after a few uses because the motor burned out. Then, with this one I used it about a dozen times, and now it won't start at all even though it worked fine last week. When I looked up reviews, I found out this is a common problem with this machine. I looked up the company's warranty policy, and found that, even though this product is ostensibly covered, their procedure is time-consuming and onerous. There was something about sending a representative to my house to ascertain whether the damage was actually due to a defective unit, but with milage and distance limitations which effectively void the warranty for people like me, who live in rural areas.

I decided to save myself future headaches from this company and see if the Juiceman has a more reliable motor.
on May 27, 2017
The potential for this to be a great juicer was there but I think the design flaw with the top prevents this from being that top tier juicer. If the top is not seated correctly, you will ultimately melt a ring into it. When everything goes well, this juicer performs well and yields a good amount of juice and fairly dry pulp. Anothet issues is with the feeder tube being poorly designed. Carrots will get stuck in the tube, causing force to be used to push them through. They spin out of alignment, casuing them to get wedged. L'Equip had a better designed feeding tube that prevents that from happening. Had I known about the issue with the top and the potential of melting it from the design being poor, I would've passed and bought L'equipp XL or a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth from the get go.

Updated 6/19/17:
I requested a return for the top and the blade/strainer. The new top I received has been redesigned and the issue does not exist anymore. I don't know if all the models come this way, but if you have the melted top problem, request a replacement under warranty. I have this and the L'EQUIP XL and I recommend the L'EQUIP XL over this one. It's just a better designed juicer all the way around.
on April 9, 2017
I purchased this March 2015 and never used it until April 7th, 2017 for the first time. It worked perfectly fine, I was absolutely impressed. Today April 9th, 2017, I go use it again and the power will not come on at all. I made sure that everything was aligned right several times, but it still will not power on. I am very disappointed given the fact that I have only had one use of it and it's brand new. Plus it's a waste of my money that I definitely didnt have to waste. Also the handles are very loose and will easily break if you aren't careful.
on July 21, 2015
Yes so far the juicer is AWESOME!! I got it for the office so everyone could be healthier...they ( and I ) all need it. If you are a serious juicer and a leafy green (kale and herbs etc) enthusiast like myself...GET OVER IT and go use your masticating one that you no doubt already have and cherish. This is an inexpensive, relatively quiet, super fast and easy to clean (get baking soda and a scotch guard hand held brush with soap dispenser on top for the basket) and fun, yes fun. This sucker takes heads of romaine lettuce, small apples, cucumbers and handfuls of carrots whole.. I dont even peel the lemons or limes. Prep work almost nil. In 30 mins I make enough juice for 5 people to drink (which is a lot) and clean up. Breville can suck it with their 1 year warranty. Omega got that 10 year like what. With 5 people going in on produce we save a good bit of money. The sugar addicts are a tough bunch... after a bit of a detox and attitude change.. they may come around.. buy and juice