Omega Nutrition Center Juicer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Commercial masticating juicer with 1/3-HP single-phase induction motor
- Dual-stage juicing system; low speed of 80 RPMs; no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up
- High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing; reverse mode
- Functions as juicer, food processor, pasta extruder, homogenizer, and grinder
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- VOLTAGE: 110V
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Low Speed Masticating Juicer, White
The Omega J8003 Nutrition Center is a masticating style juicer. Sometimes referred to as a low speed juicer, the Nutrition Center processes at 80rpm, whereas most other juicers process at a speed of 1,650 to 15,000rpm. The low speed protects and maintains healthy enzymes, prevents oxidation and allows juice to be stored up to 72 hours without degradation. The dual stage juice processing system extracts the maximum amount of juice from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, even wheatgrass! You can also use the nutrition center to turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic. Make delicious and nutritious drinks and snacks that everyone will love. Measuring 6.5in wide, 14.5in deep and 15.5in tall.
Includes: Juicing Screen Cone with the stainless steel mesh. It is used for all juicing functions and only juicing functions. Blank Cone Used for all functions except juicing. Constructed solid polycarbonate with a stainless steel rim on the inside. It is used for all functions except juicing. Oval Nozzle is used for mincing and chopping vegetables, making nut butters, homogenizing frozen fruit, milk or yogurt, extruding breadsticks Round Nozzle is used for mincing and chopping vegetables, making nut butters, homogenizing frozen fruit, milk or yogurt, extruding breadsticks Four Remaining Nozzles are used for extrusion of various sized pastas. Sieve fits on both of the bowls, may be used after processing items that seem to have too much pulp in the juice or foam on the top of the juice. It is best to use the sieve at the end of the juicing process by pouring all of the prepared juice through the sieve.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We decided to try something completely different and give this Omega juicer a try. First thing I noticed when I turned it on is that I can hold a conversation while it's running. It's a low to medium hum that's produced while on, and that was a nice change when we juice at night because before I was always concerned about the neighbors. The input tube is much smaller (only about an inch and a half), so most everything has to be cut into pieces first, which means that initial prep does take a little longer. Interestingly, the juicing is opposite with this one when it comes to the type of produce: carrots, apples, sweet potatoes, and the like are juiced incredibly well, and so is spinach. But kiwis just get pumped right through the system, with almost no juice at all. But the first time I tried the juice that I got out of my mixture, I was really surprised; the juice is much more flavorful than the Breville made, and with significantly less thickness/pulp. The cleanup was also basically the same amount of parts, but they were all much smaller and easier to handle.
So here's the pros and cons of each.
Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain
- Fast process
- Little to no food prep before juicing (large opening for produce to be dropped in)
- Effective juicing of soft fruits
- "Thicker" juice
- Larger parts to clean
- Not great at juicing the entire harder produce (i.e., carrots)
- Kind of loud
- Need to scrub the straining screen pretty thoroughly
- Produce waste has to be scraped out of container (tool comes with juicer)
- Practically spits out berries and leafy greens
Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
- Smaller parts to clean
- VERY flavorful juice
- Well strained juice from pulp
- Quieter than expected
- Juices harder produce very well
- Easy to dispose of produce waste
- Very effective with leafy greens (spinach)
- Ok with berries
- Have to prep food first to fit in smaller input hole
- Not great at juicing softer fruits (i.e., kiwi)
- Takes somewhat longer overall during the entire juicing process
I've previously used-Omega, Champion, Jack La-lane, Cuisinart & a few other discount brands. Each one of these has their Merits & Drawbacks However, the Omega J8003 has been by far my favorite.
Like most people who purchase stuff online I rely heavily on Reviews. It's with this reality in mind that I've taken over a year to thoroughly assess my Omega J8003 Juicer.
I am a Daily Juicer who uses both Hard/Soft/Leafy Veggies & Fruit.
I think Simplicity is best so here is My Assessment:
* Quiet & Low Vibration which makes this unit very stable to operate. 5/5
* Good Grinding/Mastication of Most Fruits/Veggies. 4/5
* Minimal Oxidation. 4/5
* Extremely Easy to Clean/Clean up is quick. 5/5
* Parts have held up well after 16 months of Daily Usage /No Breakage or other Product Issues.
* The finished product is Excellent 5/5, in flavor / Good in Consistency. 4/5
* Peeling of fruit/veggies not required. 5/5
* Some Parts have become stained from Beets/Carrots/Kale etc (however this does not affect their performance or the finished Juice product). 4.5/5
* Not 100% efficient Juice Extraction 4/5.
* Re-feeding of Pulp sometimes yields more juice. Labor intensive & clogs grinding chamber. 3/5
* More prep. work then some other top-feed, non-masticating models. 3.5/5
* Lower Juice Volume than some other Masticating Models. 4/5
* I Personally would not recommend Soft Fruits for example Kiwi or any other Over-Ripe Fruits. 4/5
I LOVE THIS JUICER!
I'm now used to the extra time required for prepping of veggies & fruit. The quick clean-up actually balances out the overall time-commitment & like most people who are daily juicers it's the Clean-Up that really sucks, Not so much as the prep work.
The staining of some of the components is not an issue because there is No Negative Side-Effects to this.
Sometimes the juice can have small but thick pulp-like clumps in it. This usually happens when I try to feed more than 3 cups of chopped fruit/veggies. I've learned that to minimize this effect I keep my batches smaller such as 2 cups of chopped & 4 hand fulls of leafy veggies, maximum.
MY FAVORITE JUICE:
1/2 Lemon w/peel
1/2 inch ginger w/peel
2 med carrots
1/2 apple w/peel
1/3 cuke w/peel
2 celery spears
Handful each of Black Kale, Spinach, Parsley & Curly Green Kale (about 2-3 large leaves/sprigs of each).
Something to point out: the picture above looks like a mint green however the juicer we received is white which is what it states in the description.
COMPARISONS: The Omega J8003 and J80005 are the same except the 03 comes in white and not Chrome and the Auger is white and not black. J8003 has a 10 year warranty while the 05 has a 15 year warranty. The J8004 &J8006 Auger is 8X stronger than the 05&03. Read
CLEANING: very simple to clean and rinse out. It comes with a wire brush to help get pulp out of the screen adaptor. I do recommend rinsing out all parts in between juices and rinsing with soap when you are finished. I do NOT put in the dishwasher ever!
Overall 4 stars for great product that is well made with great service and warranty. Happy juicing.
Most recent customer reviews
PROS: easy to use, easy to clean, easy for kids to use, works GREAT with hard produce