- File Size: 2314 KB
- Print Length: 205 pages
- Publication Date: January 20, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00B795UUS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,350 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $6.00 (67%)
Omega Rising (Omega Force Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 205 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The writing of Omega Rising is surprisingly clear of Grammatical errors (I noticed only two instances in the entire novel, and they were both minor at worst), while at the same time being rich and interesting. The main characters are fully fleshed out, some of the ones we meet later in the novel seem a bit one-dimensional, however that is mostly because they are introduced late in the novel and are not given enough time to grow and evolve. As to the plot, it is definitely the strongest point of this novel, being full of action, intrigue and of course as Joss Whendon once so aptly put,"sudden but inevitable betrayal". Deetz's sarcastic humor and Jason's snarky replies serve to keep the novel light and humorous while still maintaining a serious plot. Overall Omega Rising is a surprisingly cohesive and well written novel, it is unfortunately, and lamentably, short at only about 200 pages.(Although to be honest, I consider books with fewer than 700 pages to be short)
Omega Rising takes you on an adventure much like Firefly, a trip thought the wild frontier of galactic civilization where you stay alive only by relying on your wits and carrying a big gun.
I enjoyed Omega Rising Immensely and will definitely buy the following novels in the series.
For one, Jason has no real history or depth to his character. Nor does anyone else. Second, the book suffers from allowing its main character too many successes too quickly. For example, Jason finds himself in space, with no knowledge of anything, and within a ridiculously short amount of time he's giving technical advice on how to save the ship to a trained pilot. He easily, one might say accidentally, becomes captain of a ship with an exceedingly skilled and loyal crew. He never stresses or get flustered, even when faced with the impossible. It's too much. There is literally no challenge that he doesn't overcome almost effortlessly.
Third, the book needs a bit of editing. It's readable, but if you pay attention to that kind of thing, you notice. Lastly, since it's something I've decided to start pointing out when I see it, in an attempt to highlight how disturbingly common it is, even today, there are no female characters. Seriously, none, not even a side character or service provider. None.
So, in the end, as a just-for-the-fun-of-it, not-gonna-delve-too-deeply-into-it kind of read it is fun. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but worth reading.
I can't help it. This kind of wild Buckaroo Banzi, Serenity, Defiance type stuff just gets right under my skin. I absolutely love it. I will be buying ALL of Dalzelle's stuff. I can't wait to see what I ...,(sorry, my escapism is acting up on me)...I mean, JASON gets into next.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera