Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "OmieBox Bento Box With Insulated Thermos For Kids,..." and save 49% off the $39.50 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
OmieBox Bento Box With Insulated Thermos For Kids, Meadow
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Thermal insulated bento box with two temperature zones for storing hot and cold foods
- Integrated stainless steel vacuum insulated thermos provides powerful insulation for hot foods
- Double walled, air insulated bento box keeps fruits and vegetables cool and fresh.3 separate leak-proof bento compartments keep food separated and visually appealing
- Materials: Food grade stainless steel and silicon, phthalate-free plastic, BPA-free, FDA-Approved.
- OmieBox is made of 13 unique parts.Long compartment 15 ounce. Short compartment 10 ounce. Square compartment 25 ounce. Insulated container 7.5 ounce
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
OmieBox is the first leakproof bento lunch box for kids that stores hot and cold food together, so parents can pack healthier school lunches. Kids get up to two-thirds of their daily calories at school, so make those calories count with healthy meals packed into one easy to use bento lunch box. OmieBox is different because it has a built-in thermos food jar that keeps lunch warm for 4 hours. The bento compartments are double walled, air insulated and leakproof, so it keeps fruits and vegetables cool and fresh. You won’t need a separate lunch box because OmieBox comes with a handle, so it is the only container you need to store and transport food to school. OmieBox has a clean, modern design, and it’s so easy to use it’ll change the way you think about school lunches. You put a lot of love and hard work into your kids lunch, making sure they get the nutrients they need to grow. OmieBox’s thermos bento lunch box design protects the lunches you create so every time your kids open it, what they see is your love.
From the Manufacturer
Small but Tough
Durable design stands up to daily wear and tear
No Setup Required
Kids spend more time eating, less time opening lids & laying out containers
Insulated bowl is removable on days when you want to pack a sandwich. Removable divider creates additional sections.
Yummy lunches everyday of the week
Describe your product in 3 words.
Healthy School Lunches
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
When my son started preschool, I was on a mission to pack healthy and delicious lunches for him. But no matter what I packed, he just didn’t eat his lunch. Day after day, he hardly ate anything, and I was worried sick that he wasn’t getting the nutrients he needed. What I realized was that making a great lunch is only half the equation. Lunches have to taste good and look good for kids to want to eat it.
What makes your product special?
We've re-imagined the lunchbox to make lunchtime healthier and easier for kids and parents. Parents pack about 180 lunches a year per child - that's a lot of lunches! It's easy to fall into a lunch rut and that's where OmieBox comes in - the built-in insulated bowl and the versatile design makes it easy to send a wide variety of yummy, nutritious lunches. What kids eat at lunch matters for their health and well-being, and OmieBox wants to simplify the process as much as possible for parents.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Making a meaningful difference in people's lives. Theres nothing more rewarding than receiving emails from happy parents telling us that their kids are eating more & eating healthier at school.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For those of you who struggle to fit juice boxes or utencils into the OmieBox, I order Honest Juice BOXES (not soft packs) from Amazon in bulk. They fit perfectly, and have way less sugar and sodium than traditional drink boxes. And then on top of the drink as pictured, I place Fenigo petit happy face cutlery (Fenigo.com), they fit great! Although, it would be pretty handy to have a utencil pocket on the side of the box or the top or something.
When the box leaves the house, all is well. For the comments about the thread on the thermos, the collar which goes between the lid and the thermos base has one rounded edge and 3 angled which needs to be placed just right like a puzzle piece to close correctly. I was confused at first and then realized that even though it fit in the box, it was not positioned correctly for the lid to twist.
We don't tighten the thermos lid all the way, just enough to seal it closed but not so tight that my daughter has to get help to open it. I showed her how to work it before the first use so she wouldn't struggle. She has mentioned that her soup leaked, but I really think the issue is with her ability to close the lid tight enough (or at all to save time for recess), and less due to the box being defective. Like I said, everything is fine when she takes off to school. There are some great lunch totes that allow bento boxes to lay flat such as the 3 Sprouts Lunch bag or they have similar rectangular totes at Ikea. This would also allow for the utensils and drinks to be in the lunch tote leaving more room for food in the bento containers.
Besides the thermos, the rest of the box is not meant for applesauce or yogurt etc. For a seal-proof Bento, try the yumbox, or Bentgo, although they are not temperature controlled for hot food.
In summary, we are very pleased with our purchase. I hand-wash all the items to keep them operational. To make sure the thermos stays extra warm, I let hot water sit in the metal base while i prep the rest of the lunch and then dump the water and place the hot food into an already hot container and close it up! Stays nice and hot for lunchtime at school. It has even still been warm when I pickup at 3:00 in the afternoon.
I love Bento for the convenience that my kid has more time to enjoy her food without having to wait on the hot lunch line or fiddle with frustrating bags of crackers or carrots etc. Thanks for a wonderful innovative lunch box, OmieLife!
1. Size is good if child is 5 or less and is going to a preschool without before and after daycare.
2. Has a handle to carry as a lunch box, no extra lunchbox needed, if only sending lunch that is. It is sturdy feeling.
3. The little container to keep food warm is small for a kid that age, literally is a small bite size and easy to open.
1. Impossible to close the box by the intended user (4 year old). My 4 year old cannot close the box, even when the container that keeps the warm food is out of the box. I'm returning it is either defective or falsely advertised that is easy to use for a child his age. (video attached)
2. If the target audience is for an older kid, such as 6 and up for example, then the container that holds the food warm is absolutely too small. Your child will be hungry. It is nothing like it shows in the picture either. The picture/advertisement is deceiving. You can't fill up all the way high like that, but that means you are not leaving room for the thick cover to go on top. (picture attached 3/4 of an inch or 1.5. cm)
3. I think the weight of the box is a bit much, but you can overlook that as the box in itself appears, looks and feels sturdy.
In summary, if the box is intended for smaller kids, preschool, up to kindergarden, the box is difficult to close, so likely if any snacks are left over, and the child picks it up as a lunchbox, all will fall off as the box will just open.
If the box is used by an older child in primary school, I don't see the "insulated" cup being used, as it barely holds any food. At that point it makes the whole thing useless because the you would just be using it without it and defeats its purpose.