Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

• OMNI
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on May 14, 2013
I first learned of Minus The Bear through the Website "Live At Daryls House" and really liked what I heard. 2 tracks from this album were on the show. The first LP I got from here was warped pretty bad (Not Amazon's fault...the shrink wrap was so tight it caused the jacket and record to bow and warp. No biggie...they sent me another one. It was warped even worse than the first one. I just sent it back and contacted the record company Dangerbird records and they sent me a non warped copy. Only other problem was that the description here on Amazon listed the Red/White colored vinyl and I got Blue/Green marbled colors.
on December 15, 2012
After following MTB since Menos, I had much different expectations for this album. It is a transition into a new style of music for MTB. This isn't a bad thing though and this is quickly becoming a staple in my rotation. (Personally) I am very happy that MTB went the direction that they did.

It will likely be a little too pop for long time fans, at least prima facie. Catchy hooks and driving beats are constant. Take it in a few times and enjoy it. Then just fire it up, go about your business and enjoy - much like the old albums. It's worth a shot.
on December 13, 2012
I found the album Highly Refined Pirates deep in my collection of light rock. I listened to it quite a bit, decided I really liked it. In fact, I listened to it over and over and never got tired of it. I was looking for some new music, so I decided to take a chance and download the rest of their albums. I was glad I did. This one is really good, and I think it really embodies their now "classic" sound. I really enjoy listening to them a lot, and this album ranks at or near the top.
on December 16, 2012
This was the cheapest price I've seen the deluxe version, and I wasn't disappointed. The records sound great, and the deluxe 2xLP came in a great package. Only thing I did not like is that the editorial description said this was the Red+White 2xLP first pressing, but I received the second pressing one which is Green+Blue 2xLP. Other than that, I definitely recommend this album.
on November 15, 2013
Another good album from Minus the Bear.
It's more pop oriented than the previous efforts.
The prodution is more polished, aand the songs are more radio friendly than the earlyer MTB albums.
But the songs are still great, and that's what matters after all.
on October 17, 2016
Excellent Cd , service delivery & quality !
on January 17, 2017
Interesting Jam band
on September 21, 2015
Cover to cover just amazing. You can lay down and just listen and hear how well written and we'll played this album is.
on September 3, 2016
Amazing record but a phenomenal band!
on June 8, 2010
I've been a long-time fan of this band and Menos El Oso was and is still one of my favorite albums of all time. That being said, I was very skeptical when I went through and previewed this album. I thought the 30 second clips sounded too pop-ish and I figured I'd be disappointed. Boy, was I wrong.

This album is absolutely amazing and I'm sad it's only 10 songs long. The $5.99 price makes it a steal and I'm now planning on seeing them live to experience their music first-hand. It's the kind of music you put on in the car and your friends say, "Whoa, who is this?" The more you listen to this album, the more you hear little things going on that you never noticed before and it's wonderful. For the price, definitely five stars.