on February 23, 2012
My father is 85 and has some mobility issues. We were looking for a replacement chair for his living room that he would have no problems reclining and getting out of. We did some shopping locally and found the Catnapper Omni but the price was considerably more than AMAZON. I ordered the chair from AMAZON before Christmas 2011 and recieved it soon after. HE LOVES IT!! it is extremely comfortable and supportive and easy to setup move and use. I would reccomend this product to anyone looking for a lift chair.
*I do caution on delivery furniture warehouse sent the chair via Dominion Freight Co. they will not deliever into your home so be mindful that you will need at least two men there to bring it into your home due to the size not the weight and it came on a semi truck which i met the driver and put it in the back of my pickup to get it to the door. *
48 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on February 28, 2017
Chair is very very Firm. Layout is not totally Horizontal. Despite Firmness it is relatively comfortable, but very very firm.
Switch to recline or sit-up has stopped working on two seperate occasions. Once more and I will be calling Manufacture or Amazon.
5 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2015
Okay almost thirty days after ordering, I ordered this chair in advance of three level lumbar spinal fusion, I get a pallet (!) dropped in my driveway with a massive box of chair. You know if I ordered a refrigerator or even a couch it would be set up in the appropriate space and all the delivery materials would go away. Remember this is costing about $1200, it took about 28 days after ordering to arrive. Nice job there, catnapper.
So with the help of my son I got it set up and what did I get. It does what they said it would do. However, it's big, but not long. So about 4" short for me. The actual back support is negligible, it just isn't engineered well. The bottom support is nice and firm. The upper back support is okay and the head support is absurd. I needed a pillow. I just happened to have a Simple Posture lumbar support pillow, and that made it better.
You know the funny thing is if they had shown even a modicum of customer support I wouldn't be nearly as critical. To be honest they tried, Furniture Warehouse gave me a $50 credit because they were so late, marketing does try, and Amazon gave me a month of Prime when I whined to them.
It's just that after all that. The chair is mediocre, and I need it too much to go through the likely immense nightmare of returning it.
Oh yeah, also that is an absolutely awful color. Kinda baby puke green.
Nope. No recommendation from me. Don't waste your time, your money, or your temper on these people. They don't care about you. Third party sellers at Amazon are not a good bet apparently. I love Amazon dearly, but when it gets out of their hands things get weird.

Ninja edit: I fixed the problems that made it unusable rather than attempt to return it. I had to have a wedge of foam made to fill in the four plus inch gap at the lumbar level. Now it gives good spinal support. Also because the foot rest stopped at almost a 45 degree angle below level I built it up with pillows to bring the foot rest up to above heart level and to raise the knees to ease pressure on the legs. Now I can actually sit in the chair comfortably for more than five minutes.
14 people found this helpful
on June 11, 2015
It works. But I am disappointed that you cannot control the reclining independently from the foot support. :( Also, this chair won't recline to a horizontal position. It stops about 10 or 15 degrees short of that. I got it for my 91 year old dad and it works but I'm not thrilled with it. For this kind of money, it should let you raise the foot part independent of whether the chair is in the sitting position (not the stand up position) or the reclined position.

The controls are simple and have big buttons. No real problems so far. I don't think it's as comfortable as my dad's old chair but then I have not really sat in it. I think it's not as comfy because he's always adjusting it up and down and going to sleep on the bed instead of the chair.

EDIT 2015-06-16 After my dad using this for a while, I'm giving it 3 stars instead of 4. Reason is that the seat (you know, the actual part you sit on?) is very hard. I had no idea till I sat on it last night and he's been complaining that the chair is hurting his butt and my dad almost never complains about anything so I had put a comforter on the seat to see if it would help but I sat in it last night and it is too stiff. Like sitting on a park bench. For the money I paid, this is just unacceptable. I would give this two stars but I'll just leave it at 3. I plan to make a custom cushion to put over the seat to see if I can soften this and if not, I'll just have to drive to a local store and buy a new one. It's not worth it to have a 91 yo person suffering from a crap chair for the next one or two years.
9 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on January 22, 2013
Ordered this chair for my husband. It took a long time to get here but it works well and fits him.
2 people found this helpful
on October 17, 2014
I loved the chair at first sleeped great. I am 5"3 and love the way I was so comfortable in my chair for about five months. Chair sits to far from wall was my only problem AT FIRST. Second problem forget warranty not worth the paper it is written on. In six months I have went through two remotes, now the Cushion on the seat has fell on one side and I sit very crooked. The fusion in back of chair has a big cap now and your butt falls into it. THEY WILL NOT FIX IT EVEN THOUGH THE WARRANTY IS GOOD . With my health problems and my size the thing that sold me on this chair was the warranty on this chair and now they tell me after six months they will not do anything. WHAT HAPPEN TO MY WARRANTY? The service takes each time I call more than two weeks to even come out. I m now gong to call the BBB WISH I NEVER BOUGHT FROM THIS COMPAINY. They are not to be trusted. DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. VERY DISPLEASED DISABLED WOMAN.
48 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on August 28, 2014
I love this lift Chair. I'm 6'-1" by 310 lbs., not a small person by any means. I like the seat height for my size body because on those good days when I can use my arms to push off, I don't need to use the pokey lift mechanism, since my knees are not over center with the Omni's 21" seat height off the floor. It would make this impossible, even on the good days at a 18" seat height like most lift chairs are. My Catnapper Omni is now 8 years old & I'm looking to buy another, because it is showing signs of wear. Now take into account that it's my lift chair through the days & since my wife threw me out of the bedroom 7 years ago, it's also my bed every night. My legs don't work that great anymore & I'm also required to wear full leg length support socks for circulation problems & anybody that needs to deal with putting them on knows what kind of wrestling match it take to put them on daily. I also have that wresting match taking place daily in my Omni Catnapper. The lift motor, controls & fabric still in great shape, except for the fabric on the seat. The seat fabric is thin & the seat springs don't have that much support anymore. Now with everything going on daily & nightly as mentioned above, the seat fabric & seat springs should have seat wear & spring lose after 8 years of that going on. Oh, I forgot the past 5 years of Grandkids climbing up into the chair with Grandpa adding to the wear & tear to the seat area too. I have been checking out other makes of lift chairs & it's hard to find a full sleep large size lift chair & when finding the few that I have located, you need to add another $700 to the price. It's hard for me to believe that I got lucky finding a chair that worked so good for me the 1st time around buying a lift chair.
It looks like I will be buying a second Omni Catnapper soon & I'm hoping the Omni & me last at least another 8 years !!
14 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 4, 2015
Normally I'd buy something like this from Amazon, but my second total hip replacement is in two days and my simple recliner died. The old recliner was up on blocks but it was still a struggle to get up. The catnapper omni II has me prepared. I am 6'4", 260 lbs and this is roomy and I feel safe ( rated for 450 lbs). Heat and vibration are nice, but the lift to standing is wonderful and essential. Made by Americans for Americans. Go out and compare. It is better than units three times the cost. Wow this is six stars. If I'd had this for the first hip my life would have much safer and nice.
9 people found this helpful
on October 20, 2015
I have had this chair for a few weeks and it is generally comfortable and sits very well. However, as others have said, if you recline all the way the chair needs to be very far from the wall. Also, the cord for the remote is very short and difficult to reach and even find on occasion. On the second night I had the chair I was fully reclined watching TV and when I pushed the button on the remote to sit up it did not respond, the light on the remote was out. I had to crawl out to the end of the foot rest (thank goodness it did not collapse) to transfer to my wheelchair. I unplugged the chair from the wall and plugged it back in and the light came back on and the chair worked again. I checked to see if there was a power outage, but there was none, the chair just quit. That has not happened since, but that is always a threat now. Bottom line, would I purchase this chair again? No.
6 people found this helpful
on March 25, 2018
I became very ill in 2011 and I was out of commission for almost a year. Towards the end of my illness I purchased this lift chair, because the recliner that I had wouldn’t recline anymore for some reason. When I was ill, I couldn’t stand up. I had to have help, so when I found this chair it was a lifesaver, for me. I’m all better now and I really don’t need it, but I’m stuck with it. It does what it says is going to do and when my nephew visits he sleeps in it. The other day I thought the remote stopped working, but I kept pushing the buttons and now it works fine. I have had this chair for approximately six years and the cushions are fine, it reclines fine and it lifts fine, so I don’t have any complaints, at all! If you ever need a lift chair, this would be the one to get.
One person found this helpful