Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf Wall Shelf for TVs ..." and save 58% off the $59.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf Wall Shelf for TVs and Video Accessories
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied media cabinet per product instructions
- Moving the media cabinet to a new room is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Tempered glass shelf with metal wall plate, concealed bolts and integrated cable management
- Holds DVD player, VCR, cable box, satellite, etc., with support for up to 30 lbs
- Pivoting arm for side-to-side movement, black nylon stabilizing strap
- Includes complete hardware kit for installation, single-stud mounting
- Dimensions: 18.0 x 9.1 x 20.1 inches (457 x 231 x 571 mm) (W x H x D)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
OmniMount ECSB Component Wall Shelf
OmniMount, an innovator of A/V mounts and furniture for more than a quarter century, is the choice of professional installers and the brand most recommended by TV manufacturers. The ECSB is a glass wall shelf that is designed to hold a cable box, DVD player or any other component that needs to be located next to a mounted television. The black nylon stabilizing strap ensures your components stay in place while the wall plate hides both bolts and cords to provide a clean, modern look free of messy cables.
- Pivoting arm for side-to side movement
- Holds DVD/Blu-ray player, cable box, gaming console
- Wall plate hides bolts for a clean, modern look
- Wall plate features integrated cable management for concealing cables
- Black nylon stabilizing strap keeps components in place
- Includes complete hardware kit
The OmniMount Story
It seems that every day a new company appears on the scene touting its expertise, experience, and business acumen in the world of TV mounts, furniture, and accessories. TVs are big investments and if treated with care, should deliver many years of entertainment. We urge you to trust your investment to a company who has a proven track record (in our case over 35 years) of offering great products, standing behind them, and continuously innovating to meet the needs of our valued customers. As an American company employing hundreds of people in the U.S. and abroad, we hope you will support us and our employees just as our products robustly support your valued TVs, speakers, and A/V components.
Founded in 1978, OmniMount holds a position as global leader in product innovation. OmniMount honed its skills as a pioneer in the field of audio mounts, and it continues to build on its strong foundation and heritage. As the once separate worlds of hi-fi and video have fused into home theater, the company’s scope has greatly expanded to incorporate a complete portfolio of solutions, including TV mounts, AV wall shelves, wire management products, AV equipment rack enclosures, digital signage mounts, audio products, and more.
The ECS is a glass wall shelf that is designed to hold a cable box, DVD player, or virtually any other component that needs to be located near a mounted television.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I do have two slight negative comments, which are the reasons this is a four-star and not a five-star review. The first is that while this shelf can be installed at angles to the wall, there is no way to easily lock it into one position. I have it tightened pretty well into a straight position, but it is possible to move it, and it shouldn't be. It should just lock. The other minor negative point is that the cover for the cable channel does not stay on as securely as it might.
Overall, though, I am pleased with my purchase of this glass component shelf.
I hope you found this review helpful. On the other hand, if you did not find this review helpful, I’d be interested in hearing why, so that I can attempt to edit it and make it more helpful to both you and others. If you leave a comment on the review, suggesting how it would be more helpful, I promise to respond to your comment, and to attempt to incorporate your suggestion in my review, if it is at all possible for me to do so. My goal is to write reviews that help people, as I have been helped by the reviews others have written. Thanks!
The plastic cover that goes over the wall mount also has vertical wiring channels in it, so you can take everything sitting on the shelf and run the wires back to the wall, then straight up or straight down. Neat wires make a huge difference when you're displaying your equipment on glass!
Make sure you apply it to an equally sturdy section of your wall. You can see that the shelf forms a much longer lever than the wall mount; it goes into the wall with only a screw on the top and a screw on the bottom. Any weight you put on the shelf will be trying pretty hard to yank that top screw out. In my case, I didn't have studs where I needed them. It went in well with wall anchors in dry wall, but that's not how they recommend it. We'll see how it holds up -- it feels solid now even with some electronics sitting on the shelf, but that's until some kid tries to yank on it. If it doesn't hold up, the weak spot will be the wall, not the shelf or the screws. The shelf itself is massive and tough.
To clarify a couple of things.
1. Don't use the anchors in wall board, or a stud. The directions are clear on this, they are for mounting in concrete.
2. Don't mount this in wall board. It is to be mounted in a stud or in Concrete, the directions are clear on this also.
3. The bracket that attaches to the wall has a hole at the top and a slot at the bottom, so if it's not exactly level, it can be adjust some. The slot is about 5/8th's of an inch wide, that would give several degrees of side to side angularity adjustment, in case you didn't get the holes lined up perfectly straight one above the other.
4. This shelf is fairly stout, it's made to hold 30 pounds if mounted per directions. It's not dainty.
5. The glass sits 5-1/4 inches away from the wall, that is so it can swivel side to side. It has bevels at the back corners to allow a little more movement for that also. mounted, the front is about 20 or 21 inches away from the wall, so it sits out there a bit. The glass is over 5/16th's of an inch thick.
That should clarify some of the problems I read in the ratings I saw. There is nothing in the directions that says it's ok to mount in wallboard, yet there are complaints about it not holding up when it was... and some used the anchors meant for concrete in studs, this is clearly not per the instructions. Follow them and you won't be disappointed!
I would recommend this for anyone that needs a stout shelf that will hold up some weight. I can't answer to the strength of the bond between the metal disk that mounts the glass to the bracket, but it seems to be pretty strong. If it fails, I'll post more about that later!