BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 4, 2017
The usual hi-fidelity, theme-oriented work at which Parsons excels, but the songs here are put together better than most of his material. I have the entire Alan Parsons (Project) catalog except 'Eve' and "Stereotomy" and the vanilla live album; this one and 'Try Anything Once' get played more than any others.
Check out the line-up of musicians on this album. You already have great potential. Although this album was released in 1997 when DTS was fairly new, it still manages to have captured all of the qualities that DTS is famous for. Most of the songs have some kind of DTS 'trick', such as a fighter plane flying through the speakers or the sounds of a forest 'clicking and chirping' away before and during an acoustic song ("Blue Blue Sky"). The bass is not overpowering on this set, but the range and dynamics of the sound separation are wonderful and the mood is serene throughout. This album was made intentionally for DTS, unlike the newer albums that are recoded, which makes for a fantastic experience. If you have the DTS system, there are not too many choices (yet) of famous albums, but ones I can recommend are, "Moody Blues; Days of Future Passes", "Eric Clapton; 461 Ocean Blvd" and any film or rock concert after 2000 that was recording in DTS.
on October 22, 2009
This Alan Parsons CD, along with "The Time Machine", are hard to get in the United States, so I was happy to be able to
get this. This is one of the CDs post Eric Woolfson's departure from Alan Parsons Project. His music is taking an evolution
of style, but you still can tell it's Alan's baby. His collaborations with new lead vocalist P.J.Olsson are great to listen to.
All of the current band members can sing any of the classic Parsons pieces, as well as the new.
Check out a later release, "A Valid Path", and you'll see what I mean.
Had opportunity to see Alan Parsons in concert and meet him as well as his bandmates, afterward. They were gracious and
appreciative to talk to. After 30 years of creating music, he has still got it. Can't wait to hear what's next.
on September 16, 2015
Absolutely Awesome 5.1 Mix, the Best Alan Parson`s I`ve ever heard...A must Buy in DVD-A
on June 21, 2017
Have dts version. Was looking for this version.
on June 19, 2014
I have been a great fan of the Alan Parsons Project music, so to complete my collection I purchased this CD, I have everything that Alan Parsons has had anything to do with, aka Pink Floyd and Beatles recordings, so I am very happy with this offering, and now since the Alan Parsons Project is no long producing under that name, Alan Parsons carries on the same theme true to his great prior projects and producing talent
on October 20, 2013
I love the Alan Parsons Project but when I got the first AP solo Cd back in the 90's I thought it was good but not like the past APP albums. I took a later interest in AP solo work and wondered if he made more studio albums. To my amazement he made 3 more and I had to have them. This CD is the first I came across out of the 3. I was even more amazed when I found out Christopher Cross was on one of the tracks. Great album.
on October 8, 2001
Until I got this disc, "DTS" was always associated to me with DVD-player, and it's capability of reproducing DTS-recorded material. I was wrong ! Folks, do not be fool, this is regular CD but it's audio tracks are just encoded in multichannel 5.1 DTS format. To enjoy music from it you will definitely need an DTS decoder in your amplifier/receiver or built in DVD-Video player. In case of use regular CD-player, you have to connect it to your external amplifier/decoder using digital out (coaxial of optical) in your CD-player.
Then and only then, You will be able to enjoy "Parsons" multichannel performance.
on December 27, 2016
I love this album. Unfortunately the version that was sent to me was not the dts edition. I'm glad that I was able to return it.
on October 23, 2013
Have the original cd and this high definition surround version blows the original away. The use of surround sound brings out the depth of the songs allowing you to hear things that were hard to hear on the regular recording. The cost was high but I love this cd. Would recommend this to anyone that is a fan of this cd. Well worth it!!