BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

On the Edge
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on April 15, 2017
I love the characters in this book. Yes it takes place in the Edge but it was the characters that made the story. I wanted their future to continue but the series continues with only one of the characters. I didn't really like that character so I didn't continue with the series. It's hard when an author does such a good job of establishing affinity for their characters, then their futures just get dropped. I hope in the future series these two write about that the series stay with the main characters and not tapers off to minor characters.
on October 14, 2017
I really liked the unusual setup of the worlds that the strong-willed female lead resided in and around. I enjoyed the other characters; there were good twists and turns in a romance developing between the two lead characters. I wanted more depth about the parent/grand-parent, and maybe a little more about the other male lead. I might continue with the series, but Ilona Andrews has other stories out there so I might shop around for someone else she's written to see if I get into it more.
on January 19, 2012
Sigh my favourite author (husband and wife team Ilona Andrews) has introduced a new series to their stable, The Edge. Which means that I will have to wait longer to get my Kate Daniels fix. Why oh why would they do that to me, what did I do to deserve this?

As a series it actually isn't all bad. I suspect I am suffering from a bout of Bah Humbug and am just predisposed to not like it because it interferes with Kate Daniels books being written.
I think I could have handled it if the new series they were focusing on was the interesting Kinsmen universe but it isn't. I just couldn't seem to get myself to be interested in the people who live on the edge of the Broken and the Weird. Maybe I could have invested if the next book had been about the trip into the Weird and getting to meet his family etc but that was all kind of explained away really quickly, although very sweetly.
on October 4, 2017
Once again this writing duo delivers another amazing novel/series start. I've been trying to find another good/interesting writer in this genre for a long time after having exhausted all other material by Ilona Andrews. To this end, I went through dozens of novels/new authors but failed to find anything that could keep my interest. They were all boring/cliched/forgettable/badly written. So imagine how happy I was to finally find one that was worth my time reading and kept me up nights turning pages. I don't know how they do it but this couple, without fail, always manage to surprise (jaded) me with their characters and world building each time I start on one of their book series. Hail to the fantastic imagination of Illona Andrews!
on January 30, 2016
I am a huge Kate Daniels fan, and I really like the first two Innkeeper books. The Edge series seems off to a good start, as well. I agree with some of the less positive reviews that Rose is more of a blank slate or "Mary Jane" than the other heroines...at the end of the book, I don't really have a clear picture of what she looks like. Not that looks are everything, but they do convey some of the spirit of the character. Kate Daniels and her crazy red hair, for instance, sometimes snapping with magic. Rose is a strong character still, and I enjoyed watching her come into her power. Fans of the author won't be disappointed...I am about to go purchase the second book in the series now!
on July 24, 2017
I was hesitant reading the description...the edge and all that seems really weird and not up my alley. But because I love the author wanted to give it a try. This book is great. The world building and the different parts of it is solid and believable, the story draws you in. THEN...when you get to the rest of the series, it gets even better.
on September 29, 2017
Another great story; this team brings a male perspective to the romance and fiction that is unique, creating a more balanced style. This is the kind of book you read over and over. I'm writing this months after buying it for my ipad, and I've read it at least three times, making it less than $1 per reading. best deal ever.
on May 1, 2017
I enjoyed this start into a new series. The story's world was quite interesting. The characters were well developed and the plot was exciting. The romance was just okay. The love just didn't burn hot enough for me. Besides that issue, I think this is a great intro into a whole new world.
on June 30, 2016
So many Sci-Fi fantasy writers create an environment that is too foreign to be easily imagined, or their characters are too complex in appearance to remember one from the other. Illona Andrews blends fact and fantasy seamlessly. She paints sweet and funny word pictures, and draws the reader right into her universe.
I found myself thinking about what was going to happen to these characters when I didn't have time to read, and when I finished the book I immediately downloaded the next one in the series.
But this book & read it!
on October 27, 2013
I can't quite believe how much I love this book! It's not something I would normally have picked up, especially based on the cover (which I don't love). Actually, I only bought this because of Felicia Day and her "Vaginal Fantasy Hangout" series on youtube. Felicia said Ilona Andrews is a great writer and this is a good book, and I took a chance on that declaration. I'm very glad I did!

This is a very well-written and surprising story and 'though I'm not quite finished with it, I'm purchasing the second in the series. I had no idea what was going to happen (literally, I won't read book covers if I can help it, and avoid any review that might contain even a mild spoiler like the plague), so everything was a surprise. It made me nervous, uncomfortable, happy, intrigued, and wanting more of Rose, George, Jack, Declan, and Grandma. I really like Rose. She's strong and scared, kind and ruthless, fun, scared, sad, hopeful, and cool.

The way Ilona Andrews mixes the magical with the mundane was pretty genius; I ended up feeling like the "Broken" world of Walmart and Burger King was the foreign land and the "Edge" was home. I love when a book can mess with my perspective like that, and Andrews does it deftly.

I'm extremely glad I purchased and read this and am very much looking forward to discovering (devouring) more books by Ilona Andrews.