Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on April 11, 2017
This was a teen book club choice for us. There is a lot to discuss. The storyline is very thought-provoking. Who is at fault? Would you blame yourself? The teens were a quieter more thoughtful group after discussing this book.
on November 13, 2014
This was a book which taught a powerful lesson of what our honor means. Although my son is 14 years old, he and I enjoy being read to and it was my turn to read to him. He asked I read this every night until we finished it. It was a quick read and opened a meaningful discussion of not only the power of words but the consequences of keeping or not keeping our word. Since reading this book, every now and then when he promises me something, he'll look over at me with a sly smile and say "On My Honor" and I know it means something. This was a very good book, somewhat predictable but yet gripping.
on July 6, 2016
Often selected in my 8th grade classroom by reluctant readers for its brevity, On My Honor has an emotional impact not anticipated by the students. It is often the turning point for helping those reluctant readers think of reading as interesting instead of boring.

Sarah
on June 27, 2017
Good Read
on May 16, 2016
I read this book many years ago, and it still haunts me. Two best friends, dishonesty, peer pressure, shock and horror, and finally soul-crushing guilt - it's all here. An exceedingly harsh life lesson. Have your tissues ready!
on April 15, 2017
A+++++
on July 9, 2013
This book was a suggested reading for my 11 yr old Granddaughter who will be starting Middle School this fall. So I read it first and I thought it was excellent. It is about taking a stand for what is right, not giving in to pressure from your peers to do something you know is wrong. It was a little sad because of the choice one boy made. Jennifer read it and she like it and she doesn't like to read. If you have a child 9 and above, I recommend this book as one to read and discuss.
on May 7, 2004
The first time I ever read this book, I was in graduate school studying to become a librarian. We had to read a book a night, and up until my experience in grad. school, I'd been the reader of only romance and mystery novels. I read this book in about two hours, and I was extremely moved. WOW. Now it's 5 years later, and I just read this book to my 5/6 grade students. It has been the only book that we've read this year that the kids have TRULY enjoyed. I had students telling me that they really wanted to read after reading this. I had students that wanted to buy the book. It is an excellent story which helps students understand peer pressure, character values, and making the right choice. Bauer's portrayal of Joel's guilt using the stench of the river is absolutely brillant. I highly reccommend this book to all teachers and librarians of young adults.
on March 20, 2014
Realistic fiction which focuses on what can happen if youngsters do not heed parental warning. Why we give them guidelines in an effort to keep them safe. Read aloud and journaled with my fifth graders for years. Always promoted lively discussions and interesting insight into what dangers my students were being exposed.
on September 27, 2015
Kindle book purchased to re-read for class. Glad it was available since test and work needed the book to be finished. This book was for class but I think it helped my son understand fear a little better and how everyone has fears and needs to learn coping skills.