Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 31, 2017
I love everything about this album. While it says it's Bruce Springsteen (lol) it's Blue Oyster Cult's "On Your Feet Or On Your Knees"...The album was in pristine condition...You couldn't ask for more! Mint in every way possible...Album cover-Mint...A 2 record set...Flawless!!!! MINT NO DOUBT.
Great packaging as well. Well pretected!
on November 23, 2016
The best review for this album would be a factual testimonial more than anything. I have owned a copy of this album in one form or another since it first came out. I think the grand total is 2 vinyl and 3 CD's. The vinyl aged to the point of needing replacement and the CD's were always nearby in either the car or other available player......Hence lost or stolen. I don't think I ever went more than a week before replacing, so a bunch of adjectives and poetry praising this album just wouldn't compare to the facts stated above. If you have it, you know what I mean.
on September 26, 2011
Blue Oyster Cult was what it's name implies...a cult band. Not a commercial success for the three albums this live album includes in it's set list, the self titled "Blue Oyster Cult", "Secret Treaties", and "Tyranny & Mutation" plus it includes a nod or two to popular tunes of the day, "Born to be Wild" a B side of their "Career of Evil" single release, and "Maserati GT (I Ain't Got You)" as encore fair. Typical BOC of their early days with some of their better songwriting, played with nary a mistake at the show. I've owned, and played 'til it crackled, 2 each of these first 3 albums, made a mono cassette of each of them that I played till it stretched and became unintelligible. The LIVE version here I only played until my sister left the cover (with one record still in it) on top of the tube amp and melted it. "Then Came the Last Days of May" was of particular interest to me, as a barely teen aged punk who new only the neighborhood and what he'd seen on TV, and wandered along the journey depicted in the lyrics. This covers many songs of the first 3 albums, in one package. Sort of a best of the beginning of... BOC. Bought the commercially produced cassette to play, for this reason, for my car a couple of years later. If you have the chance, buy this. A great band. A nice performance (Eric Bloom's STUN guitar). Plus, if you were old enough to have seen them live at this juncture (I wasn't) they put on one helluva show (guitar orchestra) and it'll bring back fond, albeit, foggy memories, I'm sure. Original analog recording to digital master. Sound quality is much better than my vinyl, degraded as it is, yet shows the technical limitations of it's time. Cool.
on July 2, 2012
How much more classic does it get? The greatest name for a band, one of the all time, most under-rated guitarists, Buck Dharma, one of the greatest vocalists, Eric Bloom, and they're still swimming below the radar. Although, anyone trying to see this band when they come to town is lucky enough to have squeezed in. ON YOUR FEET OR ON YOUR KNEES is the culmination of the bands first trilogy of studio records. This is where any inquiring mind should begin their appreciation for one of the most unique heavy rock bands this world has ever known.
Prior to their commercial success these live recordings display the raw animal, rough hewn, bare bones assault attack of a band unleashing itself upon the world and laying claim to being one of the greatest live acts in the annals of time. From the opening strains of "The Subhuman", one realises one has entered into the realm of other worldly transpondence and is forever entranced by those mystic vibes.
And the album doesn't let up from there. "ME 262", "A Redcap(Before the Kiss)", and the incomparable "Seven Screaming Diz-Busters" all illustrate the bands fervor for dexterity with punch. Also included are the more familiar "Cities On Flames with Rock and Roll", "The Red and The Black", and "Harvester of Eyes", early staples for years to come.
This album deserves the highest ranking possible. For a live recording from 1975 the sound is exquisite and the genius contained within is palpable and apparent immediately. Any person the least bit interested in BOC or music at all ought to possess this modern masterpiece. There is no possible way you can regret it. Listen and you'll know why they're considered the most important and well repected cult ever assembled.
on July 22, 2017
TOP NOTCH BOC LIVE
on March 13, 2013
This is a decent live in concert album by Blue Oyster Cult from 1975. My very favorites incl., here are "Harvester of Eyes" & "Maserati GT (I Ain't Got You)" which is 8:59 in length & it seems to feature parts of "Buck's Boogie" esp. towards the end of the song. I love "I Ain't Got You" very much, I just wish that it had MORE singing to it. I've always loved "Harvester of Eyes" too, on the "Secret Treaties" album, but this CONCERT version beats the original all to hell. Actually, I think, "Harvester of Eyes" should have been the OPENING song to this album, because "On Your Feet..." (title of album) is announced. Well anyway, "Harvester" makes a dynamite 2nd song followed by another great track "Hot Rails To Hell". As I mentioned on my "Tyranny & Mutation" album review, I'm NOT too crazy about "The Red & the Black" AND "Seven Screaming Dizbusters" @ all. "Subhuman" AND "ME 262" are very good & lengthy songs. "Born to Be Wild" is a remake of an old Steppenwolf classic orig. from 1968. Pretty good version here, but I really love THIS version from the Bonus Tracks on 1974's "Secret Treaties" album CD. Two other great songs are "Then Came the Last Days of May" AND "Cities on Flame w/ Rock & Roll" This album is powerful & it's recommended.
on May 13, 2016
My youth returned from 40 yrs since I bought this album, and heard Last Days of May.. then went to boot camp, stationed in Idaho, and saw the band live in Boise in 1975. Like this album, BOC was sublime
on March 15, 2016
Definitive BOC from the seventies. This is a personal favorite of mine. I'd heard of this group during the seventies. The album cover caught my eye, and I bought it. Excellent album, a must have.
on September 19, 2016
I LOVE THIS BLUE OYSTER CULT ALBUM, IT'S A LIVE FROM 1975, I BELIEVE IT'S THEIR FIRST LIVE ALBUM, I RECOMMEND THIS BLUE OYSTER CULT ALBUM VERY MUCH.
on September 4, 2016
I first saw BOC, soon before this lp was released , wish it had been a double .
This band is still touring & getting better