Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OnGuard Bulldog Mini DT U-Lock with 4-Inch Cinch Loop Cable (Black, 3.55 x 5.52-Inch)
|Price:||$33.04 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.74 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BullDog Mini with 4 foot fully coated, braided steel cable for greater locking versatility.
- New Z-Cylinder is bump-proof and resists picking, pulling or drilling.
- Security Rating 65
- Snap Lock Quick Release multi-position mounting bracket. 5 laser cut keys 1 micro-light and 4 extra grip keys Micro-light key projects a bright white beam.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||1 x 4 x 8 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.8 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.75 pounds|
|Size||3.55 x 5.52 - Inch|
Top Customer Reviews
(May be earlier, since the internal parts fell apart after the yellow cap fell off)
Pros: just the right size (see the bottom of this comment)
Improvements: yellow caps are more solid, made of hard plastic
Changes: got heavier (but not much and acceptable assuming the hardened security)
Cons: yes, you have to precisely put the parts together in order to turn the key and lock it.
Here are three tricks:
1) always make sure that the key is turned completely to the "Open" position (it's a bit hard when you have it on the same chain with other keys)
2) connect the parts with the same motion and effort as some use for assembling the weapon after cleaning and lubricating (Click)
3) if the key is not turning, follow 1), pull the parts 1-2mm apart, tilt a little and press them together firmly (Clack).
google for "Sheldon Brown locking your bike" to check the best use of this lock.
So - buy it for the protection, not for the protection plan.
Most (all?) OnGuards have the double shackle design, meaning a thief would have to cut through both sides to remove the lock (or at least one before he commenced prying). The smaller and cheaper Kryptonite designs only have the shackle on one side. Since I wanted a small lock, Kryptonite had nothing to sell me in that regard. The key and the locking mechanism are solid, and for some reason they give you five keys - pass them out to your friends and family, I guess.
Where OnGuard lacks is in the finishing touches and mounting. What's with the yellow bumpers covering the little rubber plugs covering the white plastic plugs, OnGuard? Drop the plastic parts, cover the ends with a little more steel, and be done with it. These parts will fall off or break off eventually anyway, so I just ditched them immediately. The mounting system suuuuuucks compared to the Kryptonite - all plastic clamps. I'm actually going to see if I can use the modern Kryptonite mounting parts (they fine tuned their system somewhere along the way) so I can have the best of both worlds.
It's also kinda rattly, but so was my New York.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lock works well, and the adapter to mount it to the bike frame is nice. Generous number of spare keys provided, too. Overall a very solid, quality product. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Colin
The lock is good the mount broke real quick, I'm not paying 14 dollars for a mount,Published 3 months ago by Camilo
I got this one because I wanted one that was easy to carry but a month after I got it I started wishing the U part was about 2 inches longer, locking up in some areas would be so... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Carmen M.
Great lock from OnGuard. This is the second I have bought, this time for the girlfriend.Published 11 months ago by SGoehring
Very heavy, which only means that it's secure and durable. Kind of difficult to fit it in the holder but that's okay. Love the key.Published 11 months ago by Syed Ithmam Hossain