OnGuard Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- OnGuard U-Lock PITBULL Series
- PitBull Double-Team Standard U-Lock is double-teamed with 4 foot fully coated, braided steel cable allows user to leave front wheel on bike and extra locking versatility.
- X4P locking mechanism offers superior protection.
- Security Rating: 83
- Lighter than Brute Mini but with the advantages of X4P Locking Mechanism. Perfect for fast commuters or bike messengers. 5 laser cut keys 1 micro-light and 4 extra grip keys Micro-light key projects a bright white beam.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
OnGuard U-Lock Series
PITBULL SERIES | Maximum Security Protection
Superior protection for medium to high crime areas. X4P Quattro Locking Mechanism for four-sided protection. Hefty 14mm (0.55”) hardened steel TriRadius shackle resists cutting, prying and jacking while providing more internal space for locking versatility. New crossbar and shackle coatings protect finishes. OnGuard PITBULL locks provide increased locking versatility for securing bicycles and scooters.
BRUTE SERIES | Ultimate Security Protection
X4P Quattro Locking Mechanism for 4-sided protection. Massive 16.8mm (0.66”) hardened steel TriRadius shackle resists all forms of cutting, prying or jacking and provides extra room for more locking options. New crossbar and shackle coatings protect finishes.
BULLDOG SERIES | High Security Protection
Our best selling U-locks featuring best-in-class X2P Double Bolt lock mechanisms and super strong 13mm (0.51”) hardened steel shackles for a full circle of protection.
U-Locks offer top bicycle protection for even the toughest urban environments.
OnGuard pairs top materials with the latest technologies to create a wide ranging U-Lock series for a variety of budget levels.
Proper Bike Lock-Up
A properly locked bike inhibits theft, serving as a deterrent to thieves. OnGuard locks offer ultimate protection and the bright yellow warming graphics tell the thief to move along to the next bike.
PITBULL Series Tumbler Mechanism:
NEW Z-Cylinder is bump-proof and resists all types of theft activity including:
THE PITBULL SERIES OFFERS ULTIMATE X4P PROTECTION:
X4P Quattro Bolt Locking Mechanism locks shackle on four sides.
Other features offered by the OnGuard U-Lock PITBULL Series include:
- NEW TriRadius shackle creates more internal space for locking versatility
- Hefty 14mm (0.55”) hardened steel shackle resists cutting, prying and jacking
- Rounded design and centered keyway eliminates pry points
- NEW co-molded crossbar cover and double rubber coated shackle protects finishes
- NEW all-metal end caps provide additional protection against hits and drops
- NEW automatic keyway covers helps seal lock internals against the elements
- Anti-Theft Plan: $2251 for Bicycle; $751 for Powersport
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Keys: 5 Laser Cut Keys, 1 With LED Micro- light
- Keyway: Automatic Weather Resistant
- Extras: All-Tube Mounting Bracket Included
PITBULL DT SECURITY RATING: 83
X4P locking mechanism offers superior protection. Additional product features include:
- 5 laser cut keys (1 micro-light and 4 extra grip keys)
- Micro-light key projects a bright white beam
- Snap Lock Quick Release multi-position mounting bracket
Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable
The OnGuard Pitbull DT is a PitBull Standard U-Lock double-teamed with 4 foot fully coated, braided steel cable allows user to leave front wheel on bike and extra locking versatility.
- Shackle Dimensions: 115mm x 230mm (W x H x Diam) (4.53" x 9.06") x 14mm (0.55")
- D Cable Dimensions: 120cm x 10mm(4' x 0.39")
- SKU: #8005
- Security Rating: 83
- Lock Series: Pitbull
- Bike Protection Offer: $2251
- Power Sport Protection Offer: $751
- For Bikes: Yes
- For Powersports: Yes
|Item Dimensions||2.7 x 8.15 x 11.95 inches|
|Item Display Weight||4.25 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||4.15 pounds|
|Size||4.53 x 9.06 - Inch|
PitBull STD double-teamed with 4 foot fully coated, braided steel cable allows user to leave front wheel on bike and extra locking versatility. X4P locking mechanism oers superior protection.Shackle Dimensions 115mm x 230mm W x H x Diam 4.53'' x 9.06'' x 14mm 0.55'' D Cable Dimensions 120cm x 10mm4' x 0.39''
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Regarding the thickness of the U, it seems solid, but certainly not exceptionally thick. All in all I would say that the difference in price between this and it's competitors isn't worth it. The only real difference is that this one would take an extra 45 seconds to cut through than other lower-priced locks. Knowing and seeing what I see now, I'd go for a lesser-priced U lock. And I have a pretty nice and expensive bike that I use every day in NYC!
(And don't even consider the lock's guarantee—it's not going to cover anyone once you see all the exceptions they list.)
**Update May, 2016: The holder that you use to attach the lock to the bike has broken. It's pretty hard plastic to be sure, and mine lasted about five months, but I only use the lock about once, maybe twice a week and I've never removed or moved the holder so I don't think there's a real reason it should have broken other than, well... it's made of plastic.
The thing is a monster. I weighed it on my kitchen scale: 4 pounds. Also it's huge. I'm returning it.
But, that might be what you're looking for. Just be aware. I don't see why they post the specs on size but nothing on the weights.
I installed the bracket onto her bike in about 6 minutes, which included about one minute and 30 seconds of looking for the screw I dropped that defied the laws of physics and rolled away like a rocket. The lock stays secure in the bracket while biking and is easy and quick to remove from the bracket. In conclusion, if you value your bike this lock will not disappoint!