- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (April 24, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1452156182
- ISBN-13: 978-1452156187
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.1 x 10.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 767 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,409 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook: 100 Tested, Perfected, and Family-Approved Recipes (Easy Healthy Cookbook, Family Cookbook, American Cookbook) Hardcover – April 24, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Sign up now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Tried and True Recipes
With Jenn's helpful tips and delicious recipes, you'll feel like a master chef in your own kitchen.
Learn the Tricks of the Culinary Trade.
Flavors the Whole Family Will Love.
Recipes for Every Occasion.
Sweet, Salty, Spicy Pecans
Makes 2 cups
These Nuts Are Madly Addictive. They’re perfect to serve with cocktails, toss over salads, or just keep around the house over the holidays.They also make a delicious homemade gift. The best part? You only need four simple ingredients to make them—and, if you start right now, you’ll be done in 15 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F [180°C] and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a rimmed 13-by-18‑in [33-by-46‑cm] baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, salt, and cayenne.
3. Add the pecans to the sugar mixture, along with 4 teaspoons of water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved into a sticky glaze and all the nuts are evenly coated. (If the mixture is still too powdery after stirring for a while, it’s okay to add a few more drops of water—just don’t add
4. Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Scrape every last bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom. Immediately slide.
the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop. Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight.
container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. (Do not freeze).
- 1/2 cup [60 g] confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups [225 g] whole pecans
About the Author
Jenn Segal is the founder of Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog showcasing easy, family-friendly recipes from a chef's point of view. Her recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs, including The Huffington Post, WJLA's Good Morning Washington, and Parade.com. Before starting her blog, Jenn cooked at the acclaimed L'Auberge Chez Francois and was director of marketing for a prominent restaurant group, both in the Washington D.C. metro area. She now lives in Potomac, Maryland, with her husband and two children.
Alexandra Grablewski is a New York–based photographer specializing in food and lifestyle imagery.
766 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Blueberry Scones with Tart Lemon Glaze: Easy and delicious! The tart lemon glaze with lemon zest takes this one over the top! Came out perfect the first time!
Orange Gazpacho with Basil: we love gazpacho and have been making it for years from three favorite recipes. This is very easy and the fresh-squeezed orange juice is a refreshing twist! Love! Will definitely make this again.
Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding: this took about 5 minutes to throw together before refrigerating overnight. After 45 minutes of baking...Wow, absolutely delicious! Perfect texture, perfect balance of flavors. Raves all around!
Herbed roasted potatoes: adding garlic cloves halfway through cooking is ingenious. This was quick and easy to throw together and everyone devoured them! More flavorful than The Barefoot Contessa’s similar herbed potatoes, cooked to perfection, and there were no leftovers!
Can’t wait to try all the rest!
This is a chef who knows how to put together crowd-pleasing meals with a reasonable amount of prep time, and ingredients that should be easy to find anywhere. I'm already familiar with some of these recipes from her blog, and I assume there are some new ones in here as well. Her Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce recipe is a foolproof masterpiece that has become one of my favorite things to cook. Her website has become one of my go-to places for meal ideas, which is really saying something considering how saturated the web is with recipes. The same can probably be said for cookbooks too, but I have a feeling this will end up being one of the few on my shelf that I reach for on a regular basis. I'll be buying a couple more copies as gifts and would recommend this cookbook to anyone, regardless of cooking skill level.