- File Size: 8498 KB
- Print Length: 386 pages
- Publisher: Brown Girls Publishing (April 25, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 25, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XDNLVVX
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #134,252 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$12.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $8.00 (44%)
Once Upon A Time in Compton: From gangsta rap to gang wars...The murders of Tupac & Biggie....This is the story of two men at the center of it all Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
To begin with, I am a retired police officer with 31 yrs of experience. Part of those years I spent with Compton PD. I am friends with Tim Brennan and Bob Ladd. With that being said, I am giving an honest review and would not sugarcoat or say something that is not true.
ONCE UPON A TIME IN COMPTON is extremely dark, gritty, and violent novel that describes gang violence in Compton/Los Angeles like it is. The authors are candid and described in graphic detail the crimes, investigation, tactics, personalities, and surviving living in Compton.
The novel is divided into three parts. The first part is describing Tim Brennan and Robert "Bobby" Ladd. How they got started, their training, early arrests, and developing into gang detectives. Part 2 will follow the deaths of rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., as well as the criminal involvement of the infamous Death Row Records producer Surge Knight.
There have been many books and articles about these crimes, however, nothing documented has ever been published that can match ONCE UPON A TIME IN COMPTON.
The third part is about the law enforcement duties moved to the Los Angeles County sheriff's department. The corruption, the dirty politics made my stomach hurt.
Tim and Bob did not hold back. They gave the good and bad accounts on officers.
I just wanted to give a quick summary. I did not want to give anything away. I want the readers to have the same emotions I did.
Lastly, I would like the thank Lolita Files. She spent many hours on ride alongs and did an outstanding job as a reporter and author.
I highly recommend ONCE UPON A TIME IN COMPTON to all interested readers. Once again, I feel it is the best non-fiction gang/homicide novel published.
There is no holding back in this story. Hands down must read, you wont be disappointed.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians > Rap & Hip-Hop
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Law Enforcement
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Crime & Criminals
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Law Enforcement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Criminals