Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on March 10, 2014
Being a huge Elvis fan I couldn't put this down, finished it in 2 days. It was so great to read about his time with this great lady. What a shame it didn't work out, he would've been so much better off for it, in my opinion. Highly recommend this.
on April 21, 2013
I've not read the whole thing YET! I just got it, but what I have read is quite interesting! I think she would have been a better person for Elvis than who he did marry!
My opinion ONLY!
M
on October 25, 2015
Good read. Some cute stories. I was a little disheartened that some dates where so well kept and others not mentioned....ie what date and what show did Anita see Elvis in Vegas. (Just as I wonder what date June Juanico saw him perform they could have been at the same concert). Imagine what he must have been feeling with past loves resurfacing. It was a sweet, but sad story. Anita made the right choice. Saved her self from bigger heartaches down the road. Sounds like he loved her as much as he was capable of loving another. Thank you for sharing your Mother's story.
on December 24, 2012
This is a well-written book "interestingly" written by Anita's daughter, not Anita herself, which speaks volumes to Anita's character either out of respect and loyalty to her late husband or to Elvis. It is so obvious that Elvis felt a deep, mature love and intimate connection towards and with Anita. The boy was in love! The letters he wrote to her from the Army. Wow! Who knew! How sweet to read Elvis in love in his own heart-felt words! Photo-documented and yet its story never told for 50+ years. No clue! They look very happy and really into each other. Such open and public display of affection! It is surprising that this "5-year love story" had not been researched or told by anybody else until now since even Elvis's father talked about it in an interview himself in 1978 after Elvis's passing, stating that relationship had been so serious to the point he and Gladys were expecting they would be getting married soon, same way Elvis wanted at one point to marry his high school sweetheart, Dixie, per Elvis's father as well.

It seems there is so much about Elvis that has not been credibly written about special and important relationships in his life, validated by his own parents, and yet we seem to only read about the same ones and things over and over. So this book is informative. Another window into Elvis's heart and soul and plans for family early, early on, which by the way debunks the myth about Elvis not being the marrying kind. It is so sad that after Gladys (his mother) died, Elvis was "lost at sea" in the ocean of love (pardon the poetry), and allowed his loneliness to cloud his judgement in situations with the women he would meet from then on. Hence always feeling so overtaken at first when the seemingly "special one" came along and as equally deflated later on as his own love/illusion bubble would implode once the relationship evolved as relationships tend to do. Once again, this book like many other books, reveals Elvis's desperate search for his soul mate which sadly, in my opinion, he never seemed to find.

All those Elvis's ladies, lucky enough to have been loved and made feel special by Elvis..... Way to go!
on January 27, 2014
No doubt about it, SHE was the right one for Elvis!!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading her book, especially with it written by her lovely daughter. Full of photos, many I hadn't seen before, so that was a treat. Read through the wonderful love story her and Elvis shared. It was special, endearing, innocent, but full of love for one another.

Only problem I had was wondering WHY didn't she dig her heels in to stay with Elvis. Wish she'd realized a 16 year old teen was NO competition for her. She had it all! I honestly feel Elvis knew that all the time.
on September 7, 2015
Loved this book. I love Elvis and learning about his life. I admire Anita and the strength she had during her time with Elvis. I had tears.
on February 10, 2013
Loved it - So personal and informative - Didn't know that much about Anita (unlike Elvis's other girlfriends). It seems they really cared alot for each other. It was written in such a way that I felt like I experienced her life with Elvis. Thanks for sharing your mom's past with everyone.
on April 4, 2017
I like this book but I cant get into it with a third person telling the story but it has a lot of info of Elvis and his Mother.
on February 18, 2013
I have read many Elvis Books, this flows with all of them. I know some people connected to Elvis.
I believe these are true accounts and comes from Anita's heart.
on July 9, 2014
I bought this for my wife and she couldn't put it down. This is what she had to say about this book ~ I thoroughly enjoyed reading the wonderful memories and the "what ifs", if Anita and Elvis would of stayed together. It was a very classy and tasteful, well written book. Highly recommended for a devoted Elvis Presley fan as well as a Anita Wood fan, who in her own right was a fantastic singer.