Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 28, 2012
Once were warriors could simply be described as one of the most powerful movies i have ever seen. The acting is amazing all around and the fact that the movie doesn't flinch at the violence adds so much more. Make no mistake it will sicken you to your stomach but then again it should. But the relevance of its subject matter in this society cannot be understated. It is a story of a once proud people the moari of new zealand dealing with the effects of alchaholism and colonization in particular its effects on the family in the movie. And in the same breath the ability to find the strength to overcome tragedy through the power of your ancestors and your culture. The movie is heartbreaking and left me emotionally stunned when it was all over.
on July 31, 2017
I saw this movie when I was too young to really understand what was going on, so seeing it as an adult was a whole new experience for me. I think that this movie is underrated, and I'm wondering why there aren't more movies and t.v. shows that represent more indigenous cultures... not just negative things like alcohol, drug abuse, and domestic violence.
on November 30, 2017
This is a very deep movie and it leaves me pretty damn depressed after watching it. Saw this movie as a child and it stayed with me so being able to own it now on BD is awesome. I love these actors and it was a great film with a powerful message. I highly recommend it.
on September 17, 2017
This movie is awesome! My sister loves this movie so it was her birthday gift. Very sad though because of the way they live. If you like lifetime movies this is a must-see.
on July 13, 2007
A huge box-office hit in New Zealand, "Warriors" examines the blighted lives of those mired by poverty and race bias in a hostile, unforgiving environment. With its jarring realism and uniformly excellent performances, Tamahori's film throbs with anger, bitterness, and cruelty, creating a portrait of societal alienation that feels authentic. In addition to Owen's searing portrayal of Beth, Julian Arahanga gives a sharp performance as eldest son Julian, who joins a vicious Maori street gang after disowning his father, played with unnerving force by Morrison. Based on a novel by Alan Duff, "Warriors" is an honest and ultimately cathartic look at finding pride in the midst of crushing hopelessness.
on February 12, 2018
Very disappointed. Bought the DVD and,when I received it, wouldn't work on my US Blu Ray player. Found out it was due to region. Looked this up and it specifically stated "Region All" so I purchased it and I was able to get to the production company in the beginning and nothing else works. Complete false advertising and waste of time. DO NOT ORDER!!...this is what I can see.
review image
on April 29, 2017
This is a classic sort of cult movie which I hadn't seen in over 20 years. Great to have it.
on November 25, 2017
Surprising engaging, given the subject matter. The region one DVD release here is presented in the correct aspect ratio, but here in the UK, at the time of purchase, only a cropped version was up for grabs. Once Were Warriors is my first Kiwi DVD release in my collection. It's gritty but well acted. Recommended.
on March 21, 2011
This is a powerful and gripping film that tells a story that is so true for many people. At times this movie is very difficult to watch as it portrays quite accurately depicts the consequences of domestic violence, rape, suicide, drug use, and gang life. Yet, it is almost impossible to look away. The acting is superb and the story telling. If you have never seen this movie it is a must see and will be sure to bring up dialogue with whoever you may watch it with.
on January 27, 2018
It is a very good movie from New Zeland, and a very good story.