Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 19, 2016
How can you not love Miranda July? There is no artist/writer in the world like her. She is singular, and I describe people as such uber sparingly! I keep this book in my office and pick it up when I need to shake myself out of a creativity slump. I love the lens through which she looks at life at the world.
on August 28, 2017
After lending this book to someone years ago I needed a new copy as I wanted to re-read. So glad I bought it again.
on September 14, 2017
Deeply haunting and funny. If you dont get it, you dont.
on January 25, 2017
Insightful and entertaining collection of short stories.
on July 19, 2015
Miranda July is a delightfully original, somewhat quirky writer. Whether or not you find the subject matter appealing, she manages to connect emotionally with the reader (this reader at least) and plants the connection deep, so that you're reminded of the images and events you've encountered many weeks after you've read them.
on October 11, 2009
Miranda July's voice is wholly unique, in both her film work and this collection of short stories. And it comes off as genuine her, rather than consciously weird. The stories in this collection are hit and miss for me, though more hit (and the misses are still interesting to read). By the end, the weird sexual situations were a little less unsettling, and the quirkiness of her voice had lost some of its intrigue. But overall, a great read, with a lot of charm. And while many people focus on the quirkiness of her voice, I was blown away more by how many great lines are in these stories. My favorite stories were "The Shared Patio," "The Swim Team," "The Sister," and "Something That Needs Nothing." I look forward to reading her next book.
on February 5, 2016
July's elegant, simple insightful voice relays the innermost workings of the human heart and mind, grounded in everyday events and probe to flights of daydreams. This collection brings truth to the claim that to understand people you only need to read fiction.
on December 21, 2013
This is a book that I give as a gift to my friends who love to read. The short stories are funny, sad, insightful and new. They are all about women. I am male, but totally enjoyed all the stories. Some are about straight women and some are about gay women and the interaction between male and female. The authors imagery is sensational and unexpected. Her stories have new themes. Put this down as a must-read!
on January 28, 2017
Ok so some of this makes me a bit HOT ..lol she is a great story teller/writer...and Miranda has a sexy voice too...ok and she is so beautiful too!
on October 31, 2014
I had no idea what to expect when I ordered this book, but immediately fell in love with July's descriptive style. The stories are just off-beat enough to make you think, but not so much so as to leave you thinking "what the heck?" It was a quick and easy read and I found myself wanting more after the last page was turned.