Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Direction: This is Us
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on September 4, 2013
First off, let me start by saying that I am not an obsessed teenage girl writing a review for One Direction. I happen to be much older but I really do love this group and I also fell in love with the movie. I think it was raw and real and it really gave you a look into what happens during their day whether they are working or have a day off. These young men are very talented and humble and also very different from the previous boy groups who have come before. Even if your not a huge fan you should see the movie and not judge because these boys deserve all the fame and success they have through their hard work and dedication.
99 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
I'm a 30 something year old directioner with no kids, and I loved this movie. I found it really interesting to see how they first started and got to where they are today. They are all very dedicated and their success is much deserved.
on September 11, 2013
I'm QUITE a bit older than the average fan, but thanks to having 2 younger daughters, i have become a HUGE fan of these boys! This movie is an awesome insight into the lives of these young men. It shows you the fun times, and the times when they are just openly and honestly still kids who miss their mums and dads and would love nothing more, some days, than to just be able to walk down the street without getting mobbed. But, accepting their place in the world and loving every minute, they pull it off with grace. They prove to be very humble, down to earth young men from solid working class families, who have worked SO very hard to get where they are. In the realm of boybands, the life expectancy of a group isn't very long. But i'd like to see these fellas stay together for a long time and keep up the amazing work. We love you One Direction!!!!
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2013
Being a huge directioner, I just had to drag my best friend who hates them out to see this with me and even she admitted that she liked it, which is saying a lot. This movie is everything a directioner could want and then some. I used to like Justin Bieber before he ruined his life and when the Never Say Never movie came out I loved it, but that's nothing in comparison to this. This movie was extremely enjoyable to me and I can't wait to buy the DVD.
on October 18, 2013
If you haven't watched this movie yet, you must. Oh, and make sure you have a box of tissues with you. You will get so emotional and your heart will break all over again. The overwhelming feeling will cause the tears to stream down your face. This is a truly beautiful movie. I have cried at least 3 times throughout it. It is an amazayn experience. If you don't like One Direction, watch this movie. You will change. Trust me. You will.
on September 30, 2013
Being a fan aside, I can't think of any major criticisms for this movie. It took the time to focus on each of the boys as well as the group as a whole. There was also excellent concert sequences and the quality was excellent. It came off as real and leaving the theater, I honestly felt like I understood them much better, and I felt closer to them and their music as a result.
The boys are incredible, and so was this movie.
on December 2, 2013
When my grand daughters wanted to go see this movie, I thought I would probably sit and squirm and want it to get over fast. Well that just did not happen. I loved it. These boys were humbling in telling their story. Their songs had me singing right along and clapping. Who ever put this together did an outstanding job. I told the grandkids I loved the movie and could watch it again. And indeed I will I'm buying it.....This took me back to the 1960's when a sweet group of boys from England enchanted us The Beatles.....they indeed reminded me of those wonderful boys back in the 1960's.
on September 29, 2013
I loved it but my hater of a mom said it was just concert videos.......I think it was mainly a concert for the fans that cant go to a concert so if you cant afford a $200 ticket then you should spend $6 on this movie
on October 3, 2013
I am also a mother of 2 teenage daughters. I mostly love One Direction because they brought my 2 girls together in friendship that they were lacking before (they couldn't stand one another b4 1D). Because of them, I became a huge fan of their music (even though I'm n my 50's). The movie was great, especially the fan cut. It showed the boys as who they are, just 5 regular guys who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. They are quite engaging in how normal they are. The movie gives a good insight into how hard these boys do work every day, that this isn't just given to them, but earned by them. I hope they continue to grow n their music and evolve so they will b able to b a group that celebrates 50 years together like the Rolling Stones.One Direction: This is Us (Two Disc Combo: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
on May 4, 2016
Overall, this is a very enjoyable DVD, although it wasn't quite enough, but then, who can get enough of 1D? I'm 60 years old, but I think these boys are chock full of talent, and I love them all, with Louis and Harry being my favorites. I wish it had gone more into the personal lives of the boys, and maybe more songs too, but overall I think it is worth the purchase. I'm glad I decided to buy it.