Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on August 10, 2015
I usually avoid most of the Bible studies geared and marketed towards women as I find them to be more focused on stories or feelings and not enough on studying actual scripture. I did this study with a friend over the summer but didn't really have high expectations. Boy, was I wrong. This study constantly directs you to scripture, focusing you on it, having you to open your Bible to look it up, compare it, answer questions about and really thinking about what it means to you. It's not as in depth as the study I do on my own but I feel this was miles above most of the other studies out there. It was a good balance between life application and scripture study, not quite to the level of a Kay Arthur study as far as the study part goes but still really good. I really got a lot out of doing this study, to the point we are starting our new Bible study group with another Priscilla Shirer study "Discerning the Voice of God." You will not be sorry you did this study.
on October 27, 2016
This is not the workbook -which you can't seem to find on Amazon unless you purchase the leader kit -so if you were looking for that, this is not it. However, this is closer to the dvd dialogue. Love this lesson by Shire, it's very thought provoking.
on April 23, 2016
This is one of my absolute favorite books. Priscilla Shirer certainly has a heart for God. It is difficult in today's world to focus on God's promises and faithfulness, and this book is an excellent reminder to do just that. It was an enjoyable read that kept you thinking long after finishing it. I have bought copies for several friends and family members.
on August 13, 2012
I will be reading this again!! Anyone who is serious about releasing and realizing everything that God has in store for you, this book is a must read. Priscilla has a way of engaging the reader, of engrossing you in the book and of asking yourself some hard questions esp. how much you are really trusting and believing God in EVERY area of your life and how at times we forget what God has brought us out of.

In this book, she intelligently chronicles the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt into the Promised Land, in each segment of the story, there is a revelation, Priscilla illustrates how God moves, what the results of obedience, gratitude can release and that remembering miracles God has done in your life and trusting Him whole heartedly will bring you... into the Promised Land of Milk and Honey.

Thank you Priscilla for this indispensable text!
on June 7, 2016
Try to read the account of the Israel going into the promised land from the WORD at the same time you read this book. It will add clarity and details. Best to read at a slower pace, not a race to the finish. The last chapter is the best, of course!
on February 18, 2013
I used this book for a bible study and our group really enjoyed it. Priscilla is a good writer, and she manages to make you comfortable with her right away. While it's an 'easy' read (flows easily, story telling style) , it contains powerful truths. I've gone to church all my life and don't remember anyone ever explaining why the Isralites wandered in the desert for 40 years. Her explanations and how to be the one in a million is inspiring. This will be a book I will be re-reading and having recommended it to several of my friends.
on January 18, 2017
I don't typically enjoy books written by female Christian authors, but this was an exception! Priscilla does a good job of making the story of Exodus applicable to anyone's life - single, married, childless, many children, "old", or "young"! A great read if you're looking to more deeply understand how God can take control of what you fear.
on September 8, 2015
I'm a big fan of Priscilla Shirer. After reading "Hearing the Voice of God", this is a great follow up on action. Moses brought many out of Egypt, but only two made it to the Promised Land. How to get beyond wishing for what's clearly not God's will, to settling for good to reaching the best God planned in advance for you.
on November 1, 2014
The women in my small group loved this workbook. I recommend her bible studies to those seeking to lead the Christian Life. She is very challenging yet encouraging too! Second only to Beth Moore in her research, etc. I have to admit that some of the doctrine seems watered down, however.
We are currently in week 6 and it has truly been amazing to see Gods timing of this with our church situation. We lost our Pastor last June and this week was about embracing the new leadership and vision! It’s been great in our individual lives as well. 💕🙌🏻💕. Love Priscilla and how God uses her to reach us where we are.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse